Outlaw's 1st Grow - Super Lemon OG & OG Kush - Super Soil - Indoor Grow

Looking good! They are stretching quite a bit. You can get CFLS inches away from them to prevent that. But considering your current setup that really wouldn't be practical. If you could put a small oscillating fan there for them, it would help beef up the main stem. Otherwise they will be tall and lanky and could lean over later on. :thumb:

What's up Nismo! Yes I have had them closer to the CFLs for the past week and I've had the fan going 24/7. The girls are getting bigger and they are looking gorgeous!

image13526.jpeg

I've been waiting on the watering, but I think I may have gave it too much water since I wasn't coming back for a few days. Anything you recommend? Or do I just have to wait it out?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So I went ahead and switched my plants into the tent and under the MH light.. Haven't watered the plants in a few days because I might have over watered them.

So I went ahead and switched my plants into the tent and under the MH light.. Haven't watered the plants in a few days because I might have over watered them.

At their size, you can give them a good soaking and not have to water them for a week. Right now it is very important for them to search for water and get a good root ball established. If you have any doubts, you can put them on a scale and weigh them. Have a control pot of dirt in the same environment but don't water it. You just want to know how much the pot and soil weighs dry. Then you will have a solid benchmark for when to water seedlings. Plant matter doesn't weigh much so if you are within 10 grams or so of the dry weight, you can water. Hope that helps.

At their size, you can give them a good soaking and not have to water them for a week. Right now it is very important for them to search for water and get a good root ball established. If you have any doubts, you can put them on a scale and weigh them. Have a control pot of dirt in the same environment but don't water it. You just want to know how much the pot and soil weighs dry. Then you will have a solid benchmark for when to water seedlings. Plant matter doesn't weigh much so if you are within 10 grams or so of the dry weight, you can water. Hope that helps.

Nismo what's happening! Thanks for the advice. I went ahead and put a pot of soil to the side for reference. How close do you recommend I put the light?

Nismo what's happening! Thanks for the advice. I went ahead and put a pot of soil to the side for reference. How close do you recommend I put the light?

How many watts is your MH? Right now you could be at 300 watts and about 18".

It's 400 watts

18" should be good right now. When they start getting bigger and you hook up an exhaust fan to the light to cool it, you will be able to get it at 12" or closer to them. If you start to lower it, do it slowly so you don't shock them. :thumb:

Ok cool.. I have them around 18" right now and I also started them with the light at 75% I'll change the light to 100% tomorrow and then lower the light little by little as the days go by...

So I've continued to set up the tent in my room. I was able to get a portable ac from a friend for a favor I was owed. I ran a 4 inch duct from the ac into the tent.
420-magazine-mobile775331107.jpg

I do have a concern with one of my girls! My baby looks really sad.. Any piece of advice for a sad guy?
420-magazine-mobile429593353.jpg

Hello Outlaw, I haven't been on for awhile due to it being busy here but it's great to see that everything is working out with the light and AC. As for the plant it looks as though it's either under watered or over watered, it's hard to tell the difference between the two and without knowing how frequently you have been watering it's hard to say. I do notice that Nismo gave you some excellent advice though in how to water.

If you have been doing the wet and dry cycle and are still concerned I would like to ask if these pictures were taken at lights on or just before lights off? When plants are about to sleep or just waking up their leaves will be droopy, but if you check back in halfway through their day then things should have picked up by then. But one thing that I can't stress enough is do not over water, under watering is a lot easier to rectify than an over watered plant, trust me it's one of the biggest mistakes that new growers make. Damn I'm not even that new a grower anymore and I still kill off some of my plants by over watering lol.

Let us know how she's getting on, all the best to you and your girls :thumb:

Hello Outlaw, I haven't been on for awhile due to it being busy here but it's great to see that everything is working out with the light and AC. As for the plant it looks as though it's either under watered or over watered, it's hard to tell the difference between the two and without knowing how frequently you have been watering it's hard to say. I do notice that Nismo gave you some excellent advice though in how to water.

If you have been doing the wet and dry cycle and are still concerned I would like to ask if these pictures were taken at lights on or just before lights off? When plants are about to sleep or just waking up their leaves will be droopy, but if you check back in halfway through their day then things should have picked up by then. But one thing that I can't stress enough is do not over water, under watering is a lot easier to rectify than an over watered plant, trust me it's one of the biggest mistakes that new growers make. Damn I'm not even that new a grower anymore and I still kill off some of my plants by over watering lol.

Let us know how she's getting on, all the best to you and your girls :thumb:

Kriaze,
Good to hear things are busy for you! That's a good thing! Yes that picture was taken first thing in the morning when lights came on. I do feel like it may be under watered more than over watered due to the fact that everyone scared me right from the beginning, warning me about over watering..

Greetings there from fellow first time grower. Nice setup. And yeah I have killed some seedlings by overwatering them before I started my official growing (I see my previous ones as practice runs haha), so better watch the watering and use zero nutes for now.

Back
Top Bottom