Outlier' s Indoor Growbox - Soil - Arjan's Haze #3 - Grow Journal - 07-2014

outlier

Outlier's Indoor (Growbox) Soil Arjan' s Haze #3 Biobizz Grow Journal - 07/2014

Hi Everyone,

After some research and reading, I finally decided to germinate one of the seeds I bought last year. As I'm growing in a grow box, I don't have a lot of space. Also, as this grow is for personal use only, I won't grow more than one plant at the same time. But in order to increase the final yield, I will be training and scroging the plant.
I tried to limit my budget as much as I can. All the setup including, 250ml nutrients, grow box, Mylar covering, ventilation, air filter, cables etc. cost me approx. $400. That was the cheapest I can find. Still I think the outlet a little insufficient because the temperature is around 30C (outside of the growbox is 28C) during 18h period (MH is on). In order to prevent any damage due to high temperature, humidifier is set a little bit higher than its regular setting.
Before I start my first serious grow, I want to thank all the growers sharing experiences in this forum. This place is a great place to find all the information about growing.
Hopefully my journal helps other people want to start growing.
Please feel free to comment, share your ideas and suggestions.
Thank you.

Seed Information
Strain: Arjan's Haze #3
Supplier: Greenhouse Seeds Company
Purchase Date: 10/2013
Purchased From: Greenhouse Coffeeshop / Amsterdam
Number of Plants: 1

Grow Setup Information
Grow Room:
-Dimensions (cm): 47x70x130
-Mylar coated
-Air Inlet: 130m3/h
-Air Outlet: 200m3/h
-Odor Prevention: DIY Charcoal Filter
Medium: Soil
-Germination: Compo Sana Seeding Soil
-Vegetation and flowering: Compo Sana Green Plant Soil
Growing Technics to Be Applied
- 4-way LST
- Scrogging
Lighting:
-Germination/Initial Planting: 25W CFL
-Vegetation: GE Arcstream 250W MH with proper reflector
-Flowering: GE Lucalox 250W HPS with proper reflector
Humidification:
-38W, 380ml/h, ultrasonic humidifier
Pot: 35L
Nutrients:
I will follow the grow schedule suggested by BioBizz. But I think I will replace 2 weeks of vegetation with 4 weeks as LST will cause some latency compared to regular grows.

-Biobizz Bio-Heaven
-Biobizz Root-Juice
-Biobizz Bio-Bloom
-Biobizz Bio-Grow
-Biobizz Top-Max

Monitoring:
-Indoor/Outdoor temperature monitor.
-2 way soil humidity/ph detector. (PH indicator is not working)

Germination
- Paper towel method was used, placed in a dark container for 2 days.
- Seedling was planted to a plastic seed pot (Compo Sana).
- One week after potting, the seedling was transferred to a 35-liter pot (Compo Sana) for the rest of the grow.
- During germination and first week of the plant, no nutrition was added.
- Used tap water for watering.
- Temperature was around 25-27C.

I will try to share at least one photo every day. I only have the photos taken after re-potting to 35L. This will be the 0th day of the journal.

Day 0:
Plant is repotted to 35 liter container and watered.
No nutrients yet.

Day 1: 27.07.2014 (18/6)
Watered.
No nutrients yet.

Day 2: 28.07.2014 (18/6)

Day 3: 29.07.2014 (18/6)
Watered.
Nutrients: Half of the suggested dosage was given
-Bio-Heaven 1ml/L
-Root-Juice 2ml/L

Day 4: 30.07.2014 (18/6)

Day 5: 31.07.2014 (18/6)
Watered
Nutrients: Started to give full nutrients from now on. Unless otherwise specified, all the watering will be made with suggested amounts of nutrients.

Day 6: 01.08.2017

Day 7:

Re: Outlier' s Indoor(Growbox)/Soil/Arjan's Haze #3/Biobizz Grow Journal - 07/2014

Day 9: 04.08.2014
I removed the top for LST. It will be a 6 way instead of 4 way. Watered.

Day 10: 05.08.2014

Day 12: 07.08.2014
Due to low level PH in soil, I added very little amount of baking soda to water. No nutrient was added for this time.

Subbed. Whats your medium your growing in. And do you know exact pH levels. Soil you wanna shoot for 6.2 to 6.9. This is just what I recommend. You can also use white vinegar to bring pH down. One teaspoon per gallon water.
Thaks a lot for the suggestion. I used ph strips, so my measurement is not really precise. It's between 4.5-5. So Im actually trying to increase it. You can find detailed info about the medium in the first post.

Never heard of it. So I'm interested to see this. Are you using plain tap water, and if so do you know the pH of that without any additives. I use the same method of test strips. As of now I have it down son I don't test any more. The more you know about water source easier it will get.

Never heard of it. So I'm interested to see this. Are you using plain tap water, and if so do you know the pH of that without any additives. I use the same method of test strips. As of now I have it down son I don't test any more. The more you know about water source easier it will get.

I'm using plain tap water (ph between 7.5-8). With 4ml/L root juice and 2ml/L Bio-Heaven added it goes down somewhere between 6.5-7. I add baking soda untill it goes up to 8.5.

By the way, baking soda is a bit risky as it increases the unwanted salts in the soil (flushing may solve that). So if my problem continues I will consider using a phUp additive.

Well try to keep pH between 6.0 and 7.0. I've never had a problem with pH. Have you tested the run off water, and if so what is the pH of that. By testing pH levels going in and coming out. As this will give u a better idea of what your soil pH might be. Or you can also buy a soil pH tester. Local hardware store or grow shop should have them. I would also recommend researching pH level for cannabis.

Well try to keep pH between 6.0 and 7.0. I've never had a problem with pH. Have you tested the run off water, and if so what is the pH of that. By testing pH levels going in and coming out. As this will give u a better idea of what your soil pH might be. Or you can also buy a soil pH tester. Local hardware store or grow shop should have them. I would also recommend researching pH level for cannabis.
I will test the difference as soon as I can and share the results. Thanks for help.

I did not have time to post anything for a few weeks, sorry for the delay. During this period I watered with 4-5 days intervals, applying recommended nutes.

Day 15: 10.08.2014
20140810_11.jpg
20140810_21.jpg

Day 17: 12.08.2014
20140812_1.jpg
20140812_2.jpg

Day 20: 15.08.2014
I put the screen.
20140815_1.jpg
20140815_2.jpg

Day 32: 02.09.2014

Growth rate was very slow. between day 20 and 27. It's having hard time filling the screen. So I removed the screen, but still it was growing slow. Also I observed some signs of N toxicity. As a result, I flushed the plant using 150 lt of water (for 35 liters of pot., I know it is too much but It was just enough when the color of the water is considered). I think it was a mistake to use the soil without flushing at the beginning. Plant started to recover and grow again. It growed 2-3 times of its former size after flushing in 2 days. I removed the screen however, used wires to support horizontal growth. After recovery, applied the screen again.

20140902_1.jpg
20140902_2.jpg

Day 35: 05.09..2014
20140905_1.jpg
20140905_2.jpg

Day 37: 07.09.2014
20140907_1.jpg
20140907_2.jpg

Now I'm considering switching to flowering as plant has 18 tops at the moment (some of them are relatively small). But I'm not sure if its right time (is it too early). I need some advice on this. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom