over vs under watering signs

Well I used 1/4 strength 1-2-1 formula nutes in the water and used most of the gallon to moisen the large pot rather than right on the plant. I have 2 200W compact flouro bulbs each about 3-4 inches away from the plant, thats as close as i can get them til the plant gets bigger unless i take the metal bowl off the lights, maybe thats a good idea...?

400 watts might be a lil much that close for a seed . then for the ferts i not sure if u should use them the first few weeks or so. and i dont think u need to worry about lowerin the light. do u know the temp or your grow room?

by the soil the top will dry out and thats ok the lil one dont mind a lil dry time alows it to sturdy up . usually when i have a seedling i only water maybe a couple times a week. you dont wont to over do it with water at this stage they will easly die..

Yeah hold off the fert for alittle. A gallon of water is really alot. Just moisten the soil and water more often. The roots like to get oxygen so let the soil dry. Remember this, "Don't apply if it ain't dry."

Over and under watering are the most common problem I get asked about. Overwatering signs are droopyness of the leaves and they will feel soft and spongy. Just lay off the water, let the soil dry. Then water alittle.

Underwatering will make leaves droopy and start to curl. They will be crunchy to the touch and will start to break. You want to fix the problem before they start breaking. Water alittle as alot of water will shock the plant. Give it alittle more than you would regularly.

I think my plant might have some sort of water problem. It seems droopy. Water it about every 2 days and its in a 5 gallon bucket. I could just be paranoid..but i give my plant a lot of attention. Here are the pics, let me know what you think:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

lol I know this post is ancient but the photos 2 and 3 are i exactely the same as my 3 week old auto seedlings I hate growing in soil :) ive checked the roots and they are all white and healthy so no root rot yet what do you guys reckon are the above photos symptoms of overwatering
im using a 60% perlite to compost mix
if you guys agree I will wait until they are completely dry and water with the reccomended dose of h202
9im a bit pevved as they are autos I have only a short time to fix the prob and get them putting on some veg before they start to flower otherwise I will be growing lollipops with no yield under my new fancy leds :)

My week old plant is getting yellow tipped leaves and they are droopy. i have only watered it once using a gallon of water and the soil is still slightly moist an inch down but dry up top. does this mean the plant is under or over watered?

1 gallon of water would be alot of water for 10 seedlings. Wayy too much for one. Use a spray bottle and gently get the surface wet. Keep picking the pot up to feel the weight. You will feel if its too much water because the weight diffrence gets pretty obvious as it drys. Always pick a pot up and feel lit before you water it while its dry and before every watering.

The yellow could be from nitrogen deficient, too much water, or the light being too close. Its probably water logged and drowning with no oxygen though.

If its still wet after a week of no water then its holding way too much water, your medium.

Back
Top Bottom