Overcrowded!

Buddi

420 Member
Hey...I'm not really a newbie, kinda more like a greenhorn. I have an outdoor greenhouse...my plants are coming good but I am running out of oil. They are close to flowering...been in veg for 12 weeks so far, it's the last week of July...they are almost (or maybe started to preflower)...what I'm wondering is will the lower branches on my wedding cake plants have any THC for a batch of oil? They are growing great...they are at 7 ft. now...but the bottom branches are resting on the ground...it would improve airflow and I'm kinda cheap( I say frugal) I don't really want want to buy any but...I just don't know if oil would have any potentcy yet? Seems like a waste...throwing away my weed away (airflow) and buying for oil. I grow organic and you really don't really know what you're buying?...Thanks for your knowledge...

Could have some THC but probably has compounds like CBG that are more abundant in the vegetative stage.
CBG is the precursor to THC and CBD.
Why it's called the mother of cannabinoids.

Hey...I'm not really a newbie, kinda more like a greenhorn. I have an outdoor greenhouse...my plants are coming good but I am running out of oil. They are close to flowering...been in veg for 12 weeks so far, it's the last week of July.. They are growing great...they are at 7 ft. now...but the bottom branches are resting on the ground...it would improve airflow and I'm kinda cheap( I say frugal) I don't really want want to buy any but...I just don't know if oil would have any potentcy yet? Seems like a waste...throwing away my weed away (airflow) and buying for oil. I grow organic and you really don't really know what you're buying?...Thanks for your knowledge...

Personally I wouldn't expect much. Your probably going to be lollipoping the plant very early in flower or very late in veg,before the plant really starts to produce its sun tan lotion which contains the thc we crave :) I'm not sure how redundant this advice is or how new you are but you want to remove all the bottom stems and all side stems to leave your top buds and have good air circulation. It's called lollipoping and it's usually done at a point before the plant produces. This allows the plant to concentrate its energy on nice top buds. There are many vids on YouTube explaining pruning and it's importance. You can of course just plant a seed and let it grow but doing these extra bits will increase quality and yield. This is over simplified but I don't wanna throw a load of info at you if you already know it lol

Indica Plants do have THC when they are at least 7 Weeks old. And min.1 week of it in 12/12 flowering stage.
Example 4 Weeks veg and 3 Weeks flowering almost same like 6 Weeks Veg and 1 Flowering. It depends also oj the strain. Indica Strains and some hybrids.. autoflowers and fast flowering strains will have enough thc to feel chill. But its not same like smoking sugar leaves from 4..5 week of flowering. With sugar leaves you get also mentally high. With The leaves without visible trichomes from week 1to 3 of flowering you can do the check with you finger Tips. press a leaf between them and check if your fingers are sticky.. if so there is a little thc. It feels like 4% THC and makes you mellow stoned.

Indica Plants do have THC when they are at least 7 Weeks old. And min.1 week of it in 12/12 flowering stage.
Example 4 Weeks veg and 3 Weeks flowering almost same like 6 Weeks Veg and 1 Flowering. It depends also oj the strain. Indica Strains and some hybrids.. autoflowers and fast flowering strains will have enough thc to feel chill. But its not same like smoking sugar leaves from 4..5 week of flowering. With sugar leaves you get also mentally high. With The leaves without visible trichomes from week 1to 3 of flowering you can do the check with you finger Tips. press a leaf between them and check if your fingers are sticky.. if so there is a little thc. It feels like 4% THC and makes you mellow stoned.
I think this is very much personal preference and need. Any sort of long term smoker or consumer of cannabis would probably not get their needs fulfilled. Especially if you are looking for that pain relief I've always been told cbd forms at final stage of flower?

I think this is very much personal preference and need. Any sort of long term smoker or consumer of cannabis would probably not get their needs fulfilled. Especially if you are looking for that pain relief I've always been told cbd forms at final stage of flower?
In my Experience its all about the terpenes and not only cbd and thc.
as Example the Gelatos of RQS have all this in common. They have a terpene that relaxes your body deeply and gives pain relief even the leaves from veggy Stage... lets say week 5 since sprouting. Its not the cbd and also definitely not thc in this case. But some terpene oils. try out yourself.
and of course long time stoner wont be amused with this but a newbie would definitely notice the effects. Effects of the terpenes from Gelato which have you a body stone feeling are stronger than cbd only extracts

I gave this leaves of gelato flowering week 3 to a girlfriend. She always reacted over to usual weed buds... she was paranoid and slightly even psychotic when we were in amsterdam. Even when we asked for weak stuff.. it was always too much for her. But when she smoked my Gelato leaves (of course tastes awful) but she was just High like me. She had a lot of appetite and was just laying on the couch. actually she was not high from the head but stoned. It can't be the effects of only thc but the great hunger must come from a little thc. But mentally she didnt lost control. That's why dont throw youe leaves away.. it might be nothing for you... but someone else gets just a good high and can be Introduced to the world of Cannabis.

But Its because or the strain. If I would gave her Honey Cream Leaves from Week 3 of flower she would have a psachosis because this strain hits you psychedelic without any mercy.. specially only during the early flowering stage. Later on the cannabinoid profile changes to stoned. With the gelatos you have that stoned feeling fron the very beginning

Tie them up or spread a net whatevs but on a tall multilayered plant staggered harvest is the way to go…

take top colas when they are ready and begin dry cure phase on that batch so you can crank out oil sooner but let mids or lowers continue to ripen for a few more weeks… plus now the rootball has less load on it with main colas gone it can devote all resources to mids & lowers

With one caveat you can‘t produce top quality oil until the plant is ripe enough for harvest but yeah staggered harvest is useful trick to have in your toolbox

Thanks for all the replies on this issue...all harvested and looks like it's going to be a great "off" season!:blunt:

Back
Top Bottom