Overflower auto plants?

sully508

on week12 of autoflower. nirvana short rider. 400w hps and 6 cfls 42 watt 2700k. 6 plants.
started on 24/7 for 4 weeks.then went to 16/8 they are budding nicely but not complete yet. tricomes are cloudy and look beautiful. biggest autos ive ever seen 22 inches plus. but my question is should i contiue to flower under 16/8 or go to 12/12. i want the most yeild. because the quality is excellent. smells like fruitty skunk. im not in a hurry. but can i overflower them? or extennd their photosynsisis period? not to sure w/ auto grows.

You should defo stick them on 12/12 till the end, they should be on that anyway when flowering. Autoflowers start budding straight away anyway thats why their budding on 16/8, but it wont be good for them. Finish them off on 12/12 defo mate, it'l fatten the last week or so.

on week12 of autoflower. nirvana short rider. 400w hps and 6 cfls 42 watt 2700k. 6 plants.
started on 24/7 for 4 weeks.then went to 16/8 they are budding nicely but not complete yet. tricomes are cloudy and look beautiful. biggest autos ive ever seen 22 inches plus. but my question is should i contiue to flower under 16/8 or go to 12/12. i want the most yeild. because the quality is excellent. smells like fruitty skunk. im not in a hurry. but can i overflower them? or extennd their photosynsisis period? not to sure w/ auto grows.

Leave them under 16/8. If you want more couchlock, of course, wait for the amber trichs, but be diligent and sample too - this is key.

You should defo stick them on 12/12 till the end, they should be on that anyway when flowering. Autoflowers start budding straight away anyway thats why their budding on 16/8, but it wont be good for them. Finish them off on 12/12 defo mate, it'l fatten the last week or so.

I wholeheartedly disagree, and want to ask how many auto grows you've done - speaking from experience is one thing, but the stuff you typed up there is just plain incorrect, in my opinion. Since they're AF's they don't give a shit about 12/12; I had an auto Hindu Kush that took 90 days to finish; best smoke from an AF that I'd ever done.

If you give them as much light as they want, they will be much healthier as auto-flowers than chopping back the light - more light, more photosynthesis, more bud growth. Like I said, there are some AF's that can take longer for one reason or another, but they do not require 12/12, nor will it "help" in budding.

Well sorry for the bad advice. An no i havent even grown AF's before just done the research thought they would benefit from the 12/12 like most strains even though they start flowering from the begining.
Sorry fr bad advice Sully 508 thought it was right hope your AF's doin ok.

But is it not the dark time buds benefit from , not the light?

Wow, glad I found this post.

My first grow ever is an AF grow, just about 1 week into germ. Wasnt 100% sure on the light schedule but I had planned on 24/0 the whole way through, and this cleared it up, Thanks! :thanks:

Be interesting to see how your crop turns out Sully did you have a journal for this one?

Jozo, do you happen to have a journal for your AF's I can look at for some more indepth info. I still have soooo many insecurities about this, as its my first grow, just dont wanna hurt these little ladies!

I had a few Pandora autos that I kept on 24hrs for the first month, than went to 20/4 and stayed that way and they were some of the best smoke ever and the plants were over two feet...I took about 93 days but well worth it...On my other autos I put them on 12/12 after a month and it was far less of a turnout....Good luck to you though!!

thanks for the advice. well just leave em in 16/8 so i can start seeds while harvesting as well. 1st plant was 24 grams dry. 6 more to go and starting 5 more. the bigger the pot you grow in dictates its size. bigs pots from the begining for the 1st 4 weeks. due to bigger roots.
this could be a good an informative thread for me and others.
there really isnt any good info on autos. id love to here what people have to say.:peace:

If I was into doing autos again, I'd go with 3 liter Air Pots -- the root development in those things is amazing; you could easily pull a zip and a half per plant. I have a roughly 3' x 5' tent with 2 x 300W LEDs, I could easily put 18 3 liter Air Pots with femmed AF's and pull an amazing haul, I'd imagine.

Since I grow 12/12 from seed, the results I'd get doing that are probably comparable to the yield you'd get from an AF..that might be an interesting experiment to pull off sometime in the future.

In the meantime, check out Munki's AF Grow, too -- also, I have a correction to make....

My AF was World of Seed Auto Pakistan Ryder - shots from day 65, day 82, day 86 and day 90 - when she chopped. Like I said, fantastic smoke that kicked yer ass sideways:

Pakistan_Ryder_-_34.jpeg
Pakistan_Ryder_-_Day_82_01.jpeg
Pakistan_Ryder_-_Day_82_06.jpeg
Pakistan_Ryder_-_Day_86_15.jpeg
Pakistan_Ryder_-_Day_90_03.jpeg
Pakistan_Ryder_-_Day_90_-_Harvest_04.jpeg
Pakistan_Ryder_-_Day_90_-_Harvest_08.jpeg

:peace:

thanks for the advice. well just leave em in 16/8 so i can start seeds while harvesting as well. 1st plant was 24 grams dry. 6 more to go and starting 5 more. the bigger the pot you grow in dictates its size. bigs pots from the begining for the 1st 4 weeks. due to bigger roots.
this could be a good an informative thread for me and others.
there really isnt any good info on autos. id love to here what people have to say.:peace:

Ya def. need some more info on AF's.

I picked up some 3 gal drain pots I plan to use for my Automarias. Im hoping for roughly an O per plant, and 8 weeks total grow time, thinking optimistically.

If I was into doing autos again, I'd go with 3 liter Air Pots -- the root development in those things is amazing; you could easily pull a zip and a half per plant. I have a roughly 3' x 5' tent with 2 x 300W LEDs, I could easily put 18 3 liter Air Pots with femmed AF's and pull an amazing haul, I'd imagine.

Since I grow 12/12 from seed, the results I'd get doing that are probably comparable to the yield you'd get from an AF..that might be an interesting experiment to pull off sometime in the future.

:peace:

damn wish i knew about those airpots awhile ago. would be impossible to order them now. gotta plant in the next few days...i think haha.

I do only AFs. 18-6 from veg (24 for seedling) to harvest(except last 24 total darkness)
As for pot size 1 gal/month of growth works for me. Where i live i can only dream of airpots(i actually do dream of them!)
Good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom