Overlord Does Ethos Mandarin Cookies In High Brix

I hear you. Lol! All the little chores that go with the thrill of a fresh harvest. I’d forgotten about the screen. :battingeyelashes:

Geez.... I'm lucky to pull three to four ounces from a plant and you guys toss around weights into the pounds. WTH? Lol! I'm becoming seriously intimidated by the rest of you. Lol!

I'll keep soaking up the vibes and expecting I'll catch on at some point.

Geez...... I hope they're right though m'lord. For your benefit. :battingeyelashes: It's a good thing I'm having all this fun or it'd get frustrating.
With 4 plants in there my guess of a pound puts him at 4 ounces a plant. I have had some plants give me 30 grams out of 7s and thats is always disappointing. My best pull out of a 7 with the kit was a little over 5.5 ounces. I probably average 2.5-3 ounces a plant out of it and sometimes get lucky and get 4 to 5. My best pulls were out of 15s and I got between 7 and 9.5 ounces per plant that round. I only ran 3 of them that way though.

Hi Overlord - I finally made it in here... :nomo:

Haven't caught up on more than the last few pages, but will jump in here and scan back over time for the photo entertainment :popcorn:, meantime i have a question for Sue if that's ok...

Take the fans off and freeze it

Excellent, I've been meaning to ask you about this for aaages. II read 'don'n many places outside this site i read "don't freeze fresh cannabis" (and similar sentiments) but I know you have mentioned it dozens of times - so clearly I can. I'm about to have so much CBD CC I don't what to do (great problem right!). So... what's the approach there? You said take off all fans - should i seperate buds with kitchen/baking paper or something before freezing? How much can I squeeze into one container?... more questions... how do you do it?
I'm harvesting tomorrow so another option for where to put some will be great! (can't do FHO - don't need that much oil at once!).
Thanks Sue :thanks:

Check back later o'lord... :rollit:

Haven't caught up on more than the last few pages, but will jump in here and scan back over time for the photo entertainment :popcorn:, meantime i have a question for Sue if that's ok...

Excellent, I've been meaning to ask you about this for aaages. II read 'don'n many places outside this site i read "don't freeze fresh cannabis" (and similar sentiments) but I know you have mentioned it dozens of times - so clearly I can. I'm about to have so much CBD CC I don't what to do (great problem right!). So... what's the approach there? You said take off all fans - should i seperate buds with kitchen/baking paper or something before freezing? How much can I squeeze into one container?... more questions... how do you do it?
I'm harvesting tomorrow so another option for where to put some will be great! (can't do FHO - don't need that much oil at once!).

Welcome Amy,

Although this journal is about done, I will spam a link to the next one here before I report it to staff for the completed forum.
It is always ok to ask questions, chat and whatever you want to say in my journal. So long as it doesn't violate any of the forums rules. I know you wouldn't do that, just saying in general.

Freezing cannabis has its benefits, but I read that water molecules freeze inside the plant and burst and I guess they will leak some chlorophyll. Maybe not something you want in extracts or if the taste bother you. But have done it when storing fresh trim for bubblehash with no noticeable difference. I just put it in ziplock freezer bags, buds, and sugar leaf, large fans removed.
If I had enough room in my freezer I would do just that with all that popcorn, and make use of it later on a slow day.
I suppose a lot is determined on how you intend to use it, you may want to dry it first and vacuum seal.

Hello Amy, sorry to miss this, but I was harvesting myself all day.

You were doing the same, weren't you m'lord? Did you have as much fun as I did? :battingeyelashes:

Ok.... I cram them into a freezer bag. You'll get some ice in there, but use it in juices and they'll get used up pretty quick. One of the members told me once that he kept his in a large freezer container, so just about any sound container will work. I don't take any real care with them.

I freeze all of my popcorn and trimmed sugar leaves too. Makes a good addition for topical oil. Pigeons does this for concentrates. It's also good right out of the freezer and into an omelet. AKgramma dries and cures her popcorn and sugar leaves to add into her cooking. I find it easier to freeze.

I suppose a lot is determined on how you intend to use it, you may want to dry it first and vacuum seal.

I didn't even think of this. What a good idea. I'll have to play with this next harvest.

@weenmeoff

Yeah it is getting late, clones and seeds tonight, harvest delayed until tomorrow. May see if I can maybe make @SweetSue s cob thing happen.

In the meantime here ya go:

Holy Chit!! (As Graytail would say)
OL.....drop the mic.
:eek::welldone:

Hello Amy, sorry to miss this, but I was harvesting myself all day.

You were doing the same, weren't you m'lord? Did you have as much fun as I did? :battingeyelashes:

Ok.... I cram them into a freezer bag. You'll get some ice in there, but use it in juices and they'll get used up pretty quick. One of the members told me once that he kept his in a large freezer container, so just about any sound container will work. I don't take any real care with them.

I freeze all of my popcorn and trimmed sugar leaves too. Makes a good addition for topical oil. Pigeons does this for concentrates. It's also good right out of the freezer and into an omelet. AKgramma dries and cures her popcorn and sugar leaves to add into her cooking. I find it easier to freeze.

Thanks Sue - that’s great. I harvested yesterday too! And I had a lot of fun with it as well - she was quite a tree...

Can I assume then that straight out of the freeer (after weeks or months) and into a decarb and oil infusion process is fine?

And, can I freeze once dry as well? (I was so wrecked from harvesting I couldn’t manage doing anything different with any of it. It’s all hanging in the drying area... which is in my room - gosh it smells good in here :) )

overlord - oh that first pic of the whole mandarin cookies filling up the tent is gasp inducing - the colours! :circle-of-love:

Thanks Sue - that’s great. I harvested yesterday too! And I had a lot of fun with it as well - she was quite a tree...

Can I assume then that straight out of the freeer (after weeks or months) and into a decarb and oil infusion process is fine?

And, can I freeze once dry as well? (I was so wrecked from harvesting I couldn’t manage doing anything different with any of it. It’s all hanging in the drying area... which is in my room - gosh it smells good in here :) )

overlord - oh that first pic of the whole mandarin cookies filling up the tent is gasp inducing - the colours! :circle-of-love:

I once tore a tent down because of a security breach and turned all the produce into butters and oils that very day. I decarbed in roasting bags and then tossed the limp, freshly-harvested buds into the MB2 and made infused oil. It was the start of our capsule regimen. Those oils were as potent as any I've made. I wouldn't hesitate to make an infused oil with buds straight out of the freezer.

I once tore a tent down because of a security breach and turned all the produce into butters and oils that very day. I decarbed in roasting bags and then tossed the limp, freshly-harvested buds into the MB2 and made infused oil. It was the start of our capsule regimen. Those oils were as potent as any I've made. I wouldn't hesitate to make an infused oil with buds straight out of the freezer.
:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom