Overlord's Adventures With High Brix

overlord

Hi & Welcome:

Time for a new journal, and a few things have changed.

For starters I added an environmental controller and switched back to my COB/LED light. Same one I mentioned in my 1st journal back when they were a sponsor here .

Next I have switched back to the 8 gallon pots and have put away the scrog screen for now. With a ton of seeds on hand, the plan is to run some and see what they are about.

Mother plants I had were growing into the T5's, burning leaves, and were being pruned a lot to keep the height somewhat manageable. Clones are not ready yet, and decided to run the moms. Moms were in 1st run soil, but were up-potted using 2nd run.

Norstar genetics ran a promotional on IG for some free testers. I ended up with 5 "TheDungeon" tester seeds, soaked them, planted in the 1st run soil and only 1 has come up, but moving slowly right now.

Using the Volcano method, I picked 1 seed from the following four strains:
1) Insane Seed Posse - IC91
2) Dr. Atomic - Northern Lights
3) Darkhorse - Strawberry Glue
4) MassMedical - PanJam

These are currently soaking

As for the moms, they are:
1) GDPupil
2) WarBird OG
3) Mandarin Cookies #1
4) Mandarin Cookies #2 (This is the one that was covered in trichs)

All moms have been transplanted into the 8 gallon pots, Dunked in 1/4 trans +tea, thinned out/pruned, and finally flipped as of today.

Picture Time:

That is it for now..

Just checking in before I go to bed m'lord. I'll read the intro in the morning, first thing. Scout's honor.

......I was never a scout. :battingeyelashes:

Goodnight :love:

Just checking in before I go to bed m'lord. I'll read the intro in the morning, first thing. Scout's honor.

......I was never a scout. :battingeyelashes:

Goodnight :love:

No problem @SweetSue , I was already in bed when you posted this. :)

Im in bud!

Thanks, that is the GDPupil (Front Right) mom that both yours and @neikodog s cuts came from. Neiko the cuttings are just now starting to show signs of roots trying to develop. It won't be long!

I'm in too! Looking great OL! A couple questions about the controller, did you consider mounting it outside the tent or can you monitor on your computer, do those LED lights go off at lights out? Also what is that price it's mounted to?

Looking forward to some more awesome buds!

:passitleft:

BTW I am dunking these, 8 gallon pots are pretty darned heavy when completely saturated. :rofl:

I bought a tote that fits them nicely, then use another with a stainless steel kitchen shelf over the top to rest them on while I tilt them back and forth. Then I let them sit some extra time until all dripping stops, this may not continue if it becomes too much when they start to flower.

But Doc says it is better if you can dunk the whole way through, and I will try to keep it going.

I'm in too! Looking great OL! A couple questions about the controller, did you consider mounting it outside the tent or can you monitor on your computer, do those LED lights go off at lights out? Also what is that price it's mounted to?

Looking forward to some more awesome buds!

The lights on the controller stay on, but they are green and shouldn't be an issue.

That is a gear board from Gorilla tent, they sell them on their website.

BTW I am dunking these, 8 gallon pots are pretty darned heavy when completely saturated. :rofl:

I bought a tote that fits them nicely, then use another with a stainless steel kitchen shelf over the top to rest them on while I tilt them back and forth. Then I let them sit some extra time until all dripping stops, this may not continue if it becomes too much when they start to flower.

But Doc says it is better if you can dunk the whole way through, and I will try to keep it going.

That be great if you could. I think the chances of getting salty soil is much less if you dunk and drain.

Those leaves look very much like GDP. I can't wait to grow that out. GDP is one of those strains i don't know if I'll ever let t go. Thanks again!

And they get dark and waxy like Star Pupil, these were not intended for a grow. Just keeping them alive for clones as long as I could. But instead of waiting on clones, I threw them in.

I've only had a few plants that didn't need some support at least at the end. When you top and have multiple tops to deal with, some are going to fall over from the weight. The branches are still strong just top heavy. I bet it will be really hard to dunk when they get bigger.

Thinking the same thing, but they will be dunked until that happens

Thinking the same thing, but they will be dunked until that happens

Yeah..... I gotta see how long it takes m’lord. Lol! I stop dunking when they go to flower. When did it change from “a gallon of water per drench, split between top and bottom”? This was the instructions I’ve followed since Doc issued them.

*sigh* You guys keep changing the rules. I can’t keep up, so I’ll watch delightedly from the sidelines while you create the magic I never could.

It’s still a little raw emotionally ...

...you have some pretty trees in that nice, big tent. That controller panel made each of us without one go “Ooooo... want me one of those.”

I was watching a class on using cannabis to treat cancer and Mara mentioned that all of Aunt Zelda’s meds are high in b-caryophyllene, in fact in many cases it’s the most abundant terpene represented. Purples are typically rich in this invaluable terpene. It pleases me to see so much purple show up in gardens these days. They entice with beauty and potency to deliver what the ECS needs to advance healing inflammation.

M’lord, it’s acceptable to mention the manufacturer of your non-sponsored piece of equipment in the opening post. If you desire to include that the mods will make that edit for you. I learned this the hard way after my journal was scrubbed of my enthusiasm when Timber Grow Lights gifted me my entire light set-up.

Off to get my day going. It’s ok guys, I’m good with growing hempy and cheering all of you on. :ciao:

That gear board is awesome! It looks like not 1 thing is plugged into the controller right now , light? Cool that the green lights will not affect the plants at lights out, are some of the sensors built in making it impossible to mount outside the tent? I'd be interested in monitoring everything from outside the tents. Do they make controllers that hook to wifi? I saw 1 that did and had all remote senors but they do not ship to the us. Those pots are awesome too! Is it safe to assume you will be adding Huey, dehuey, heat, AC and co2? Looking forward to seeing how that will be set up in a 4x4.

Back
Top Bottom