Overlord's Adventures With High Brix

@weenmeoff sorry man I just noticed a couple of questions you asked about the controller.

This controller does not hook up to a computer AFAIK, the Hyperion does and also has a mobile app. I wanted the Hyperion, but my budget dictated differently.

Can this be upgraded at some point? Environmental control will likely be my last hurdle. Budget keeps getting in the way. Something about needing to keep eating. :rofl:

That gear board is awesome! It looks like not 1 thing is plugged into the controller right now , light? Cool that the green lights will not affect the plants at lights out, are some of the sensors built in making it impossible to mount outside the tent? I'd be interested in monitoring everything from outside the tents. Do they make controllers that hook to wifi? I saw 1 that did and had all remote senors but they do not ship to the us. Those pots are awesome too! Is it safe to assume you will be adding Huey, dehuey, heat, AC and co2? Looking forward to seeing how that will be set up in a 4x4.

That gear board is made of metal, currently the exhaust fan is plugged in, you could mount it outside the tent as it has a remote (corded) sensor that goes inside the tent.

CO2 is next on the list, as is a dehumidifier, heat and AC additions are pretty much impossible under the circumstances. I would add a large dehumidifier outside the tent like I did the humidifier. There wouldn't be much room inside for it.

Can this be upgraded at some point? Environmental control will likely be my last hurdle. Budget keeps getting in the way. Something about needing to keep eating. :rofl:

They make another model called Hyperion that does all of that and sells around 600 + depending where you buy. There is also a additional add on you can buy for the Hyperion that connects over wifi and has a phone app that allows you to monitor and set settings remotely. Plus the main display itself is capable of being operated from another room.

Thanks for the info on the Hyperion, I'll check it out. Won't be getting one until I build see rate grow spaces though. When I was set up in my garage, I had a window AC and tied the intake duct to the front of it and ran on a timer to go on 15 or 30 minutes after lights on and cycled on/off until lights out then off. I wish there was an all in 1 unit for small tents.

Sue, are you done with the Kit? Noooooo! I followed Darks journal and am having my best results yet. I do feel like it's changed considerably or maybe I was not reading something right. I'm using a lot of product but they're eating it up!

Sue is referring to dunking through flowering.
This is something Doc said would be ideal, but even he doesn't do it because it is hard with full flowering plants and the weight.
Nothing has changed, it was just one of those things mentioned.

Sue, are you done with the Kit? Noooooo! I followed Darks journal and am having my best results yet. I do feel like it's changed considerably or maybe I was not reading something right. I'm using a lot of product but they're eating it up!

Yes I am ween. I'm running the last of my flowering soil right now. They're spectacular, but hempy is what makes my heart sing, and soil is too much for me to deal with logistically. I'll still be hanging around admiring the grows, and drop a tear of regret now and again, but I'm teaching the daughter to grow now, and with her anxiety issues hempy will be an easier fit for her too.

If I had the space this may have gone differently, but I don't know about that. I'll admit that the kit grows fabulous produce with ease, and it's far more cost-effective than the RX Technology nutrients I've grown so fond of. It's just not the fit for me that we'd hoped for. It's been too long ignoring the poor fit.

Hey Sue, you gotta do what's best for you! Glad hempy is working for you.

:passitleft:

:passitleft: Thanks ween. For over a year all of my hempy plants have outperformed the soil plants. That's not a reflection of superiority over Doc's system, just evidence that I was playing in the wrong medium for me. It was a difficult choice to make emotionally. I feel in some way like I'm letting you all down, but I realize that's just my emotions getting away from me.

We all need to find what works for each of us. I'm as surprised as everyone else that Tead's taunting led me to my true comfort zone, and that it turned out to be where Doc started this adventure. Lol! It works for me, and all the others following along at Hempy Headquarters.

Thanks, that is the GDPupil (Front Right) mom that both yours and @neikodog s cuts came from. Neiko the cuttings are just now starting to show signs of roots trying to develop. It won't be long!
Nice I have wanted to get a picture of mine but have not been able to. It is in the back of the veg area and theres a little too much in the way to tetris around to get it out yet :laugh: She is growing well and I look forward to getting to flower her out! :thanks: again bud!

BTW I am dunking these, 8 gallon pots are pretty darned heavy when completely saturated. :rofl:

I bought a tote that fits them nicely, then use another with a stainless steel kitchen shelf over the top to rest them on while I tilt them back and forth. Then I let them sit some extra time until all dripping stops, this may not continue if it becomes too much when they start to flower.

But Doc says it is better if you can dunk the whole way through, and I will try to keep it going.

Nice,

For sure the weight is the limiting factor the bigger the pot gets

I am still working on my 10 gal Dunk Method :) re-modifying a cheap "low transmission jack"
should work great when finished. Designed to use a home made 2 FORK rim catch that will clamp to rim,
jack can be jacked up to lift pots up and over the tent edge, rolled back and dunked into container.
Only set back at this time is the weight of the pot once dunked is to heavy at that end so need to find
some of those square weight machine weights to add weight on the back end :)

She said, "I’m good with growing hempy and cheering all of you on. :ciao:" which is why I asked.

LOL I am glad you caught that and got it sorted out.
When I first started growing it was all outdoors
Then I moved indoors and picked up hydro
And now the kit

I grew some awesome plants in hydro, too new to the kit, but my favorite is still mother nature. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom