Overnight Development Help Please! (Pics)

Smokeyjoe

When the lights came on today I noticed one of my babies had some light discoloration on a few sets of leaves.
After the light cycle has been going for about 12 hours the spots have turned a rust color and appear to be drying out.
I cant get a very good shot of the plant for some reason this is the best I can do.
Problem_001.JPG

Different leaf
Problem_002.JPG

The first set of serated leaves on this same plant sprouted twisted and developed the same "brown dry burnt" looking spots even without running any nutes through it yet.
You can see what I mean on the second picture, the middle leaf has a yellowish looking spot and above it the same spot turned brown and "drying up".
Its on its 5th set of nodes and the top 2 are not showing any signs yet but these last ones appeared overnight.
I removed the first set on the bottom as the problem looked to be moving up the leaf.

I AM SCARED ITS SOMETHING THAT WILL SPREAD!!

My first thought was I burned them with a splash of nutes but I haven't watered them for a couple days and it was pure water.
It resembles the way the first leaves went only without the twisting.
Second thought was it was burned by the light but the fact that the other 4 that height aren't burned and the one that is 3-4 times taller isn't burnt leads me to believe its not a burn (there is about 1 ft from light A/C 600w) temp is never above 75 at canopy height.
I am at a loss for what is going on with this plant but I am looking for any thoughts, is this something that is going to spread? Is it just a nub mistake?
Anyone from grow support have an opinion?
Help I am scared!!!

Re: Overnight Development Help Please!! (Pics)

It looks like rust to me. Here's an entire thread with pics. Does it look like the one's in this thread? Orange rust spots on older leaves: Pics

rust explained.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rust, how many of you have had this and been beaten by it? lots i bet!!!
first, rust is a fungi. it is opportunist. it preys on unwell plants. if something is a miss, rust is a sign. rust has been identified to have 7,000 species. it attacks crops of every description. but we're only interested in one variety arn't we?
if rust is present early in a grow, you have problems as it's an indicator something in your room is a miss. usually ventilation. go through your system and double check things are in place and working properly.
rust is an air borne fungi. if given the opportunity, it WILL take hold. it usually does during flower as this is when the plants immune system is at its weakest as its energies are concentrating on re-production, not survival.
depending on what part of the grow you get it, you can cure/minimize it with either chemical or natural remedies.
it enters the leaf via the stomata and then it's off and running.
fungacides used are generally copper based and include; thriram, manzecob, maneb or zineb at 10 day intervills.
organic;
baking soda, 1 tea spoon/ quart of water. spray on.
copper sulphate, read lables.
fungacidal soap sprays;
garlic sprays, 1/2 cup minced garlic, 1 quart of water. let sit 24hrs, strain, spray.
sulphur, one of the best natural sprays. it is low in toxicity.
micro kill, a citric based killer. i use this with great success

O lord it does Ms Fox.
I don't think ventilation is the issue I have fresh air coming in and exhaust through a carbon filter running 24/7 with a box fan inside circulating air.
Should this plant be removed from the room to keep the problem from spreading? You can see my set up on my signature.

I would try to treat the plant first. Try one of Racefan's suggestions in the above quote. ;-) Good job on keeping an eye on things! +rep!

Ok I think I am going for organic solutions as I am a tree hugger at heart:cheer:
Thanks for the prompt responses Ms.Fox gonna go find me some baking soda and a spray bottle RUST HERE I COME!

Applied the baking soda mixture and am kinda just waiting to see what happens.

While I have you on the line Ms. Fox I had a question about your clone/Mother set up in your hydro box.
Do you keep Mom and clones together on the same light cycle in the same room?
I had plans of doing that with the veg area I have as I am afraid to keep the strain alive by cloning, not to experienced at it yet.
I have been told that mothers need 24/7 and clones like 18/6 so keeping them in the same space isn't going to work.
Do you find this to be true from your experience, or can mothers and clones be on the same cycle with no problems?
Also thank you very much for the reps!

Yay!!
Well that's a load off!!
I have the same 125 CFL (hooded) as you do for the veg section and am thinking I will just pull one of my Super Lemon Haze out for a mother just to be on the safe side.
Thanks again for your help Ms. Fox!:cheer:

So far so good! The rust has not spread from the leaves it first appeared on and the residue from the baking soda washes off any other plants it manages to hit with ease.
I have my fingers crossed and I still have the option of leaf removal if anything starts looking worse.
Thanks again for the tips Ms.Fox I owe ya a taste test!:cheer:

Ok so I don't have a handle on this shit yet.
It is appearing on new leaves and starting to affect the other plants, this is very frustrating.
I have been spraying with baking soda and water but it clearly is not working.
It appears to be much worse on one plant and I would venture to guess this is the one spreading it to everyone else at this point.
Hoping to get grow support to throw out some more ideas.
The baking soda isn't doing it, I am willing to try other methods but at this point should I just throw this POS outside and let nature take its course or what @@&#$*^#(*$$&$&*#

Slightly frustrated sorry

I have compared what I have to other photo's of rust and I am pretty sure that's what it is.
I just don't want it to kill off the crop later in life, guess I will just keep an eye on it and hope for the best.
I have been feeding them according to the FF soil feed schedule.

oks 226, be very carefull. The water almost everywhere that you can get in bottles and off tap will be aroun 7 or 8ph. This is considered the nuetral zone. Nonacidic or basic.
I good ph adjustment kit and tester kit is a life saver. Glad to hear you fouind your problem though

I always PH balance before I feed or water.

The problem is now spreading to other plants.
I have been using baking soda and water but it is not working.
From what I read the spores spread in a wet environment so spraying them with water and baking soda to cure them seems very counter productive when you think about it.
It is spreading to my best looking plants and I don't know what to do.
I am starting to get very sad
I know where it came from, its the big one in the flower chamber that was given to me... I plan to hit the hydro shop tomorrow for something to fix this for real on the babies but what the hell should I do? That big piece of shit has it and it will probably just spread it around till its done flowering should I throw it out and try to fix my babies? I have 4 weeks on them already and this problem is < 1 week old. Any grow support have a thought on what they would do if it was them?

Might be time to take the plant out and try some chemical treatments... not worth losing the whole crop for one plant.

I usually cut off infected leaves as soon as they show any signs of getting worse.

Wish I could be more help!

Back
Top Bottom