Overwatered or Underwatered? - Pictures Inside

BrixNewb

Ok, I have an auto in a 7 gallon pot. I have been watering them with a Solo cup, usually no more than a 1/4 to 1/2 a cup. Been a day or two since I watered this one. If I dig down in the soil about an inch, the soil is moist. Should I water or wait?

IMG_016946.JPG

Imo- If the whole seven gallon potful was moist around the time it sprouted- it might not need watering for at least a couple weeks, other than possibly surface touchups.

If you let it dry out before the next watering it will stimulate a bigger root ball. Dry soil tells the plant to grow out the roots looking for soil. Wet soil tells the plant don't bother and can allow for an under developed root system which will reduce final yield.

Let it dry out in the soil. Misting is one way of keeping it wet while allowing the soil to dry.

It should be in humid warm conditions at that stage.

So I wouldn't water until the pot is light again.

:peace:

Agree with Village.
Next time you fully water hand weight the solo cup (Also before watering), that should give you an idea of when the soil is depleted.
That will start to form a healthy and big rootball.

I stuck my hand down deep into the soil and it's moist, so I am saying it's overwatered, so I am letting it dry out nicely. I have little experience with autos and the experience I do have was a tough ride. I let my photos dry out nicely to get those roots going, just a little sketched out by autos. I think I have it though. I appreciate everyone chiming in.

It will get easier when the plant gains size and builds up a bigger root system. Growth is an exponential progression as increased foliage feeds growth. This is one of the reasons why with photo (non auto) plants people progressively transplant through pot sizes. In this case you have to baby it till it gets enough size that you can soak it down at the beginning of the wet-dry cycle.

Cannabis loves being dried out. It is not stressful. Better Roots ...Better Plants...Papa Ganj.:thumb:

It will get easier when the plant gains size and builds up a bigger root system. Growth is an exponential progression as increased foliage feeds growth. This is one of the reasons why with photo (non auto) plants people progressively transplant through pot sizes. In this case you have to baby it till it gets enough size that you can soak it down at the beginning of the wet-dry cycle.

Yeah, I haven't watered it for a few days at least and it's getting better every day. I will take it easy with these girls and let those roots find their way.

Here are some pictures of the two autos. Letting them dry out and as you guys can see they sure have perked up!

Wipeout Express

IMG_017858.JPG

Blackjack

IMG_017955.JPG

Back
Top Bottom