Overwhelmed noob in need of soil grow advice

gmoney41685

Hello everyone, thank you for checking out my thread. First off, this is not only my first grow, but the only plant I've ever had any luck growing is some lucky bamboo lol.

What Strain is it? Pretty sure it's Dairy Queen
How Many Plants? 1
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Veg
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 4-5 weeks
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Fox Farms Ocean Forest
If Soil... What Size Pot? 5 Gallon
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 150w HPS
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? Upper 70's mostly.
RH of Room/Cabinet? 50%
Any Pests? No
How Often are you Watering? Twice a week
Size or Square Footage of Room? 2' x 2.5'

4" duct fan with carbon filter for ventilation. 2 4" ducts in the bottom of the tent to bring in air. Small 5" desk fan blowing at light parallel with canopy top.

This plant was given to me by a grower a little over 2 weeks ago. It was very healthy when I got it. He mentioned that it could have prob used some nutes right before he gave it to me because of some purpling on the stems, but didn't want to stress it with the move. It was in a 1 gallon wool (?) bag at the time. I was giving it a pint glass of tap water (140ppm, 6.5ph, left out for over 24hrbes) once, maybe twice a day if it seemed dry. We had some really warms days in this span and my tent got up to mid 80's. I also didn't have a humidifier and RH got down into the low 30%'s a couple of times, but mostly hung around 40%. I started with my light about 2 feet (as high as I could get it) away from the top of my plant to ease it in to the room. About 5 days in, I noticed that the leaves were getting lighter. A few near the bottom, moreso at the top. I figured maybe this was time to re-pot it since I was told it could use nutes when I got it and the guy said in about a week from when I got it would be time for re-pot.

Since then I have gotten a humidifier and am able to keep RH 45-60 and temps have stayed in the mid-upper 70s.

I re-potted it into a 5 gal bag filled with Fox Farms Ocean Forest which is what my buddy uses and reccomended, I also brought my light down to about a foot, maybe 15" from the top of my plant. I also obviously watered it with a gallon of water, just water no food or anything. It has progressively gotten worse. New growth turns lime green quickly from the outside in to the center of the leaves and brown spots developed from there. It really didn't help anything. 3 or 4 days later I watered it again and I also mixed some cal-mag+ into the water just in case that was the issue since it seemed like a common enough problem. Still the same another 4 days later. I went to the grow store and was talking with them and they suggested maybe it needed some nutes, because even though the FFOF is pretty hot, it was a good sized plant. So I bought a small bottle of GH grow. They said mix it up around 1000ppm and see if that helps.

I really wanted to get this problem fixed so last night I mixed up a gallon of water with the nutes I bought, adjusted ph to 6.4 and fed it a half gallon, it wasn't dry yet, and I sould have waited another day or two. Then I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and said to myself "slow down, you don't know what you're doing and are panicking" lol.

So here I am, looking for some insight from people who have done this before. I don't think she is a lost cause, but could be much better. I would have asked the guy I got the plant from, but he's conveniently been on vacation since I saw him last. Thank you for checking this out, hopefully I didn't ramble too much.

20141004_181424.jpg
20141004_181354.jpg
20141004_181234.jpg
20141004_181224.jpg

Welcome to 420.

Good thinking, not to panic. First thing to do is a flush with 10-15 gallons of PH 6.5 water.
Wait until the medium is mostly dry then feed the plants again with
2.5ml/gal cal/mag,
2.5ml/gal of Micro,
2.5m/gal Grow
and
2.5ml/gal Bloom.

If you are using synthetic nutrients of course.

if your using fox farm soil it has 4 weeks of nutrients in the soil .so if u transplanted into the ffof all u need in the first month is ph adjusted water. depending on your water i would add the cal/mag like lab mentioned above . being as it is a nute rich soil it might have stunted them .
focus on the new growth .

here are some helpful pics for reference

leavedeficiencies6.jpg
2planthlpr.gif
Cannabis_Nutrient_And_Deficiency_Table2.JPG

Back
Top Bottom