Ozone generators in large rooms?

Skunkballs420

Hi all, Just wondering if an Ozone generator alone would be sufficient enough as a stand alone odor remover in a larger area, I have a 10m2 room .. almost full plants in the final 2 weeks. bloody honking. and would like to get peoples professional opinions on these devices as I find the filters just end up slowing down my fans too much...

Hi all, Just wondering if an Ozone generator alone would be sufficient enough as a stand alone odor remover in a larger area, I have a 10m2 room .. almost full plants in the final 2 weeks. bloody honking. and would like to get peoples professional opinions on these devices as I find the filters just end up slowing down my fans too much...

:welcome: Skunkballs420 :high-five: try this :passitleft: you chose the best site to learn, share and most importantly (to me),
laugh while sharing & learning from my 420 friends. Have you looked into neg ion generators? I used one 20 yrs ago and it helped. I used a timed fragrance sprayer in conjunction.

"DO NOT USE AN OZONE GENERATOR UNLESS THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER SOLUTION TO YOUR ODOR PROBLEM! Do not think of an ozone generator as an easy way to control odors, because you could be putting your own personal health at risk! Cheaper types of ozone generators may use crappy materials in their design, which can cause more problems. The corona discharge method is particularly bad, as the cheap alloys used can give of dangerous oxides. The smell from this may have a 'metallic' scent to it, so keep that in mind when purchasing an ozone generator (or making one, which is not recommended). As a rule, the materials used in an ozone generator should be as unreactive as possible, such as steel, gold and silver. There are some alternatives to ozone as an odor controller, the main one being the 'UV ionizer' and the 'carbon scrubber' which uses activated carbon to remove odors."

Another option:

quote from Ed: I :adore: Ed Rosenthal :adore:

"Negative ion generators charge oxygen molecules with a loosely attached extra electron that is ready to jump to positive charged molecules floating in the air. Terpenes are positively charged and are neutralized when the transfer occurs, resulting in the elimination of odor.
A negative ion generator is a good appliance to use in the vegetative grow room. Because the generators attack terpenes I do not recommend using them in the flower room during the last few weeks. However, I would use them in adjoining spaces, where they will seek out and destroy stray odor molecules.
Negative ions improve mood, attention span and learning/memory in humans and also may improve plant growth so they are safe to use in the home and in work areas.
Ozone generators create ozone(O3) from oxygen(O). As a gas, O atoms lock together into fairly stable pairs which are described as O2. Ozone generators create the unstable molecule O3, which consists of three O atoms and is negatively charged. When one of these molecules comes in contact with a positively charged molecule, one of the O atoms jumps from the molecule to the other molecule and neutralizes it and eliminates its odor. O3 has the same effects as negative ions in searching out and destroying odor molecules that are in contact with air.
Ozone is not considered healthy to be around so they should only be used in spaces that people don't work or live in.
Carbon filters eliminate odor only in the air that passes through the filter, not the terpenes that are attached to the plant. They are an excellent way to keep the garden odor-free without affecting plant odors."

Feel free to drop by my indoor/outdoor journal aka "my yard" and say hello, ask anything you'd like, see a cool plant & hopefully,
share something with us, or share a comment. You will get a warm 420 welcome and I'm always happy to have a new visitor or
participator. The link is below, take a peek at "Fluxy Lady in full restraint", browse around, you'll see some
unique pics and informative shares, from new first time growers to some veteran, experienced growers, from all over the world.

This grow style you can see thru the link below, has produced many award winning plants here at 420.

Enjoy the 420 family we have here, you'll find no better site!:circle-of-love:

Hi Trichomes, thanks for the very informative response. :goodjob:It has made me think twice in regards to purchasing an ozone generator, :hmmmm:I will widen my search an do some more research into a negative ion generator and see where that leads me. I myself have been growing a few years now and get some quite good results, however I am going to be seeking some research on this site as to how to achieve the same yield whilst being more efficient in terms of power consumption:allgood:.. And maybe if I have time before the UK summer passes by like a blip, get some up to date information on guerrilla style growing over here as I have a wonderful plot in the furthest southerly point that during good summers will receive a fairly constant 1000W/m2 irrandiance which is comparable to many of the "better outdoor places to grow" .. I will be sure to have a browse through and add some comments as I appreciate such an informative response , as I believe in this game there is always something new to learn.!:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom