Ozone

Hi Yall!
I have been doing some research into the use of Ozone.
1. I can use it neutralize smells and odor's.
2. Ozone inhibits the growth of molds and mildews.
3. You can use it the eradication of pest's
4. Produces CO2 and O2 as a byproduct.

I'm going to get one and give it a try.
1. My house smells of weed and getting concerned that a good breeze may give the neighbors a whiff.
2. Aeroponics leaks they happen and I don't want mold or mildew my light setup has some UV for that and other reasons.
3. I been have an ongoing battle with aphids I have used lady bugs but they die then end up in the bottom of my tanks and spoil the nutes.
4. CO2 the smellier my garden is the more CO2 is produced.

Anyone tried this yet?

Pan4

Hi Yall!
I have been doing some research into the use of Ozone.
1. I can use it neutralize smells and odor's.
2. Ozone inhibits the growth of molds and mildews.
3. You can use it the eradication of pest's
4. Produces CO2 and O2 as a byproduct.

I'm going to get one and give it a try.
1. My house smells of weed and getting concerned that a good breeze may give the neighbors a whiff.
2. Aeroponics leaks they happen and I don't want mold or mildew my light setup has some UV for that and other reasons.
3. I been have an ongoing battle with aphids I have used lady bugs but they die then end up in the bottom of my tanks and spoil the nutes.
4. CO2 the smellier my garden is the more CO2 is produced.

Anyone tried this yet?

Pan4

Oh I tried it alright. Here's a copy of a post I put up a few days ago.

->
I've been knocking down some thrips with homemade nicotine water sprays once a week and decided to flood the room with O3 to finish the little buggers off. I usually only use ozone outside the grow room to keep the stink out of the rest of the house.

I ran the generators for a few hours during the light period with fans and exhaust on like usual. No ill effects so I let them run for the 12 hour night period and went down to check at lights on.

Bummer! My KaliMist's fan leaves were all toasted and curled up. The Kush didn't look bothered at all.

I sprayed the Kalis down with distilled water with a couple of drops of superthrive added for good measure, turned the lights out and leaving them off until they come on tonight.

Hope they come back. They're only 50 days into flower and WERE looking good.

Let this be a warning to those who may be thinking the same thing.
<-

The leaves are toast tho the buds are alright and the Kush girls show no ill effect.

So, watch out. Use the ozone in your exhaust or outside the flowering room to kill stray odors as long as you're not going to be exposed to the ozone on a regular basis. I was in the room right after while the O3 levels were still really high and I've been coughing up lung butter for the last three days. That might be good as I have mild COPD from smoking the unkind weed for 40+ years.

I was generating a very high level of O3. Way more than needed for odor control but it did seem to work at getting rid of the thrips.

I'll try a CO2 flood next time if I can get the CO2 or stick to sprays.

I purchased the Ozone Jr last weekend. It has a built in timer, 10 mins on and 10 mins off. I use to smell the stuff with I open the tent, or if I left it open it would smell the whole place. Since I placed the Ozone generator in the grow area, there is no smell. The plant are doing very well.

I purchased the Ozone Jr last weekend. It has a built in timer, 10 mins on and 10 mins off. I use to smell the stuff with I open the tent, or if I left it open it would smell the whole place. Since I placed the Ozone generator in the grow area, there is no smell. The plant are doing very well.

I overdosed the room with ozone to finish off the thrips I'd been spraying to kill for two weeks. Excess O3 killed off a bunch of fan leaves on the KaliMist but doesn't seem to have slowed them down any. No more bugs. I think the Kush need another week or so to finish and stink so f**kin' bad I had to put an ozone machine in-line with the exhaust. Even living in the country isn't so cool when you've got no wind and five acres of stink hanging around the house. I think it smells great, the wife not so much.

I'm amazed and yet somewhat taken aback by the stench that's coming off these Kush. I got the seeds off a grower that had left one pot in the 12/12 room after he had harvested most of it. About a month later he noticed some balls on it and removed it to a different part of the house. He collected some of the extra pollen to dust some buds but left the girl to seed with it's own pollen. Turns out this is supposed to be the way to get true female pollen and seeds.

Ten seeds. Nine babes. Seven females. Two of the nine were spindly and I killed them off before they ever flowered. I've still got at least 100 seeds left. Nasty, stinky, fat bitches for sure but I love every one.

Just switched over to the 1000W tonight to finish up the Kush tho the Kali have 3 or 4 weeks to go but they seem to prefer the MH so I'll keep it on 'till they're done too.

I just freakin' love this stuff!

Sorry to babble on but I am so fucking stoned. Two Canna cookies and many hoots later ....

Don't use the ozone generator in the same room as your plants. It will kill them. If its for odor control, pump the dirty air into a seperate room and use the ozone generator there.

Don't use the ozone generator in the same room as your plants. It will kill them. If its for odor control, pump the dirty air into a seperate room and use the ozone generator there.

Yeah, I have one set-up now under my exhaust fan with both plugged into a humidity/heat controller so they come on as one and the ozone goes out the exhaust. I'm building a unit w 30' of 4" pipe enclosed in a box to allow my fresh air intake to flow over the pipes when the exhaust kicks in and condense the moisture inside the pipes to exit out small drain holes back into the rez. Kind of a heat exchanger but more to recover the water and prevent a snow drift under my shop this winter. With 30' of pipe and 6 or 7 bends it should give the ozone plenty of time to do it's thing before exiting the room. Plus I hope to recover most of the water vapour. Reduce, Recycle and Re-use!

Sounds like a good plan. Let us know how it works out.

I will. I'm picking up the materials in a few days and if I can find the misplaced digital camera will take lots of pix and try to post a How-To. It's going to take colder weather to see how the water recovery works but the odor reduction should still happen regardless of outdoor temps.

For now the O3 generator under the exhaust fan has greatly reduced noticeable stink outside. It's only a 3" pipe with one 90 degree bend and an 8' run so I expect the new system to work a lot better. It's the amount of moisture venting out at -40 that I'd like to be able to manage. It creates a hell of a snow drift under the shop. :0)

My setup works well for the smell. I need to run an eradication cycle for the pest's I have. So far no plant dammage from the ozone none that I can tell but lots of dammage from the aphids and mites. I plan on running the cycle soon and turning off all ventilation and running it in 1 hour cycles.
I hope it works.

Pan4

My setup works well for the smell. I need to run an eradication cycle for the pest's I have. So far no plant dammage from the ozone none that I can tell but lots of dammage from the aphids and mites. I plan on running the cycle soon and turning off all ventilation and running it in 1 hour cycles.
I hope it works.

Pan4

I hope it works too.

I left 2 Living Air O3 generators in the room, about 8'x8'x6.5'H, running full out for the whole 12 hour dark cycle to mess my Kali up and it may be worse than I thought.

It might not of been the O3 at all. I had previously sprayed them with a home made tobacco extraction and had only sprayed the Kali when I realized I had not boiled the extract before using it. After a little Googleing I think I may have infected them with tobacco virus. The Kush were sprayed with the boiled version and show no ill effects.

All flower production has ceased and the leaves are all drying out and twisted out of shape. They should have about 3 weeks to go but they're done like dirt.

The Kush are still looking good and are scheduled to be chopped as soon as I can do it. I got called out for the forestry fire watch standby and will likely have a few more days work before I can get to it. Work, as if! Sit in the water truck all day in a stinking hot gravel parking lot waiting for some of them storm cells to zap the woods so we have something to do. Oh well, I can use the $300/day. Thank god for hoots. A little puff every hour or so sure beats the heat. :0)

Please make sure you post the results of your attempts to kill off those life sucking bastards with O3 as I for one would appreciate it.

Good luck and god speed.

Back
Top Bottom