OzStoner - Turkish Memories

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
Hey Tokers, I'm old but I'm new, at least to this site. I first started smoking back in 1977. I had only just been released from Sagmalicar Prison in Istanbul, where I had been locked up for smuggling cars. I'd been backpacking around the world and had ended up in Munich, where I was offered the golden chance to drive a BMW to Teheran. All expenses and a princely sum of DM600 on arrival and a return ticket to Istanbul. I did one uneventful but exciting trip, came unstuck on my second trip and ended up in Sagmalicar.
Some may recall that Sagmalicar was where Billy Hayes of "Midnight Express" spent a bit of time. Well, to say the prison was brutal would be an understatement! On my release, the buggers who employed me to run the cars to Teheran would not pay me, as they reckoned I had not completed my end of the deal cos I had not reached Teheran. As the car I was driving was still registered in my name, I had some leverage and swung another deal whereby I would carry half a kilo of primo Turkish hash to Munich, keeping half for myself as payment for my aborted trip. Bear in mind my head was pretty messed up from being locked up, tortured and beaten, and the decision to carry the hash was not necessarily the best option. The movie "Midnight Express" had not been released and the risks of smuggling were not widely realised. Once airborn, I arrived in Zurich and decided I had had enough of the buggers who had employed me, so I re-routed my ticket and made my way to London, then New York, then finally on to Montreal.
So, there I was in Montreal with a half a kilo of premium Turkish hash. Not being a toker, I thought I should try some of the stuff I had imported. Not being experienced, I smoked too much and ended up chundering all over the Youth Hostel dorm. When I got my wits about me I got some advice on moderation and that was the beginning of my smoking history.
These days I smoke for two reasons. First, I use pot as a dream suppressant for my post traumatic stress disorder (yes, the Turks did a petty good job on me), and secondly, I smoke for the sheer pleasure that good pot gives you. My favourote weed is White Widow followed closely by Blueberry. I tend to shy away from the very stong sativas cos they make me a little too edgy and mess up my sleep. However, I would love to smoke some good haze one day given the chance.
Well, that's all for the meet and greet on this forum.
Mark

Wow, crazy story man. You've obviously lived a very eventful life.

Good storie man....Sorry to hear bout the prison deal but in the end it led you to the wonderful world of weed. And I do say a half kilo of turk hash is a hell of a way to start smokin!!!lol

Cheers mate and thanks for the welcome. You were on the money re the Turkish hash. Even to this day I have not smoked anything that had as profound an effect. I remember that the hash was not even pressed, and I hid it in an old greyhound inflatable pillow I had picked up in the US before I got to Europe. It was so funny when it came time to selling the gear cos I had no idea of prices or packaging, although I had been taught by the Turks how to heat press it. When people asked if it was good, I just showed them the puke stain on the youth hostel carpet and said " Wadda ya reckon!". Even the staff at the hostel smoked my hash. There were some funny nights and some very stoned travellers. Each night I put a small bowl of gratis help yourself hash on the dining room table, and then the fun began. I remember when I finally left the hostel, I got a black marker pen and autographed my stain on the carpet. I have often wondered if it is still there.
Thanks again for the welcome.
Stay happy

Welcome! You should make a thread and write in more detail. Very interesting stuff.

smokin.moose i never got to write you a poem to say hello,
well let me grab my pipe to make my mind like jello.
youve been quite the friend, good to have you around,
even tho no face is seen, your voice, not a sound,
your life an adventure, as it seems,
is that why your personality gleams?
your personality funny,
would love to sit and play some rummy,
you might not like the game but it rymed,
cant take too long, might get logged out since were timed.
its been great to see the comments that you leave,
you hold true kindness, dont like to see others grieve.
always there to create a smile,
man you got lots of different style!
and i think thats great,
you are awsome, no debate!

smokin.moose i never got to write you a poem to say hello,
well let me grab my pipe to make my mind like jello.
youve been quite the friend, good to have you around,
even tho no face is seen, your voice, not a sound,
your life an adventure, as it seems,
is that why your personality gleams?
your personality funny,
would love to sit and play some rummy,
you might not like the game but it rymed,
cant take too long, might get logged out since were timed.
its been great to see the comments that you leave,
you hold true kindness, dont like to see others grieve.
always there to create a smile,
man you got lots of different style!
and i think thats great,
you are awsome, no debate!

Girl, ur just overflowing with great rhyme. Keep it comin'. :smokin3:

:laughtwo:She is an up & comin' hip hop momma w/ no fear...Moose and everyone else has a story...that's what makes this forum family and know that there are like mind people around the world...:peace:

Back
Top Bottom