P-91 - CFL 12Pack - SCROG - DWC 1st Grow

George Parker

Well...it's time!

Finally got the clones today. When they arrived they were beautiful but looked like partially closed umbrellas (a little wilted from traveling) but snapped back in about two hours and are looking right at home. I thought this strain was gone, haven't seen it in a loooong time. If anyone has some words of wisdom about growing this strain, I would be most grateful for some input!

So here we go:

What strain is it? P-91
Number of plants - 3 (2 to grow and 1 for a mother)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid, ???
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? ~ 2 weeks old
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Hydro
If soil... what is in your mix?
If soil... What size pot?
Size of light? 12 23W CFL's
Is it aircooled? No
Temp of Room/cab? Room 75-78, Cab 77-80
RH of Room/cab? 29 and climbing, just picked up the humidifier
PH of media or res? ~5.5-6.0
Any Pests ? Not yet (crosses fingers)
How often are you watering? 24/7
Type and strength of ferts used? GH Flora, 1/4 dose today, will up nutes over the next few days
Water - Tap, 130 PPM, PH 7.0-7.5
Bucket Size - 10 gallon
Air - Dual air line, 2, 12" Air stones
Medium - STG Hail
Lights - 8 23W CFL's (6500K), 4 23W CFL's (2700K)
Nutrients - Flora Grow/Bloom/Micro

PICS Day 1

P-91_3_WAY.jpg

P-91_2.jpg

P-91_3.jpg

P-91_1.jpg

The light is ~5" above the tops of the plants. I plan on lowering it in the morning, just wanted the girls to adjust a bit.

Water again is 130 PPM, PH is 7.0-7.5.

I added 1/4 strength nutes to the res, TDS reads 200 PPM after adding nutes (Does that sound right? Only 70 PPM for the nutes?) I planned to add nutes in a day or two but want to make sure it would be a good idea. I have read through Tulips' threads of infinite DWC knowledge, but am like an overly protective father with the new triplets!

Please let me know any thoughts, ideas, or concerns :thumb:

Thanks guys!

Re: dirtinmyears P-91, CFL 12-Pack, SCROG, DWC 1st grow

Hey Buddy!!! Awesome!!

The only thing I would say is check your ph on the water..I'm not a hydro guy but everything I've seen says ph should be between 5.5 to 6.1..

Here is a nute chart I stole from Tulip...just to remind myself of where I need to be for my soil grow...

nutrient_chart_4543.gif

If I've misspoken, please forgive me as I'm not a hydro guy..

Great to see your journal up and running bro..I know that light is going to produce big time for you!!

:goodjob:

Let's see some cab pics too.

Sweet, my first visitor!

I guess I listed the PH in the wrong spot. The PH was ~5.5-6.0 when I stuck the girls in. The 7-7.5 PH is out of the tap.

The girls are doing great this morning. The RH inside the cab doesn't seem to want to go past 30% though. I thought I had read if the RH is on the lower end (but not too low) the plant will take up more moisture through the roots to compensate for lower RH, can anyone confirm or deny that info please?

I'll get some cab pics up shortly.

Thanks!

dirt

Hey dirtinmyears, good lookin start. If u didn't know, 5.7-6.0 is the preferred ph range. And, low humidity is good for preventing mold growth during budding. However your girls are still young, so try to mist some water on them to bring the rh up to, say, 50%, but i wouldn't go much higher than that. Good luck.

Hey dirtinmyears, good lookin start. If u didn't know, 5.7-6.0 is the preferred ph range. And, low humidity is good for preventing mold growth during budding. However your girls are still young, so try to mist some water on them to bring the rh up to, say, 50%, but i wouldn't go much higher than that. Good luck.

Thanks for the info, I don't have a digital PH meter yet so I'm basing PH off of a color chart and the test solution. I'll try my best to keep it at those levels. As for RH I moved the humidifier closer to the intake of the cab and it's slowly climbing. I'll mist the plants until I can get the percentages dialed, Thanks again!

I'm subbed. Girls looking very nice indeed.

Glad to have you!

Here are some cab pics:

Cab9.jpg

Girls_at_the_disco.jpg

Front12.jpg

Under_Lights.jpg

I lowered the light another inch (now @ 4" above tops) as they seem to be doing fine so far. I planned on adding another 1/4 strength dose of nutes tomorrow as everything is looking good and the ladies had several roots between 3-4" when I put them in.

Once again, any feedback is most appreciated!

dirt

Thanks for the info, I don't have a digital PH meter yet so I'm basing PH off of a color chart and the test solution. I'll try my best to keep it at those levels. As for RH I moved the humidifier closer to the intake of the cab and it's slowly climbing. I'll mist the plants until I can get the percentages dialed, Thanks again!

Glad to have you!

Here are some cab pics:

Cab9.jpg

Girls_at_the_disco.jpg

Front12.jpg

Under_Lights.jpg

I lowered the light another inch (now @ 4" above tops) as they seem to be doing fine so far. I planned on adding another 1/4 strength dose of nutes tomorrow as everything is looking good and the ladies had several roots between 3-4" when I put them in.

Once again, any feedback is most appreciated!

dirt

Oooooo preeeetttttyyyyyy! Nice looks efficient as hell!! I'm in!

:goodluck:

nice set-up

Thanks, trying to keep it simple for the first grow. I figured if all goes well I may go a bit bigger and use this cab for the Mother and clones.

But before I get ahead of myself, I'm just gonna focus on day three. :)

Hey dirtinmyears,
Sweet looking grow. :goodluck: I love your light setup, is that wired in series? As I had some problems when trying that, killed power to the whole place lol.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Green beard's PC, CFL, hydro, scrog, LST

Hey dirtinmyears,
Sweet looking grow. :goodluck: I love your light setup, is that wired in series? As I had some problems when trying that, killed power to the whole place lol.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Green beard's PC, CFL, hydro, scrog, LST

Welcome Green Beard! Thanks for the kind words. :thumb:

Yes they are wired in a series, you can see how I did it by clicking the link here> CFL 12-Pack Grow Light How-To

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Have a good one!

Looking good mang, just keep those temps and humidity in line, also sometimes hydro PH likes to jump up from time to time, keep an eye on that. Good luck!!

:goodjob:

Thanks man. Temps are holding around 75-79. RH is now up to 35/40 (low/high) but doesn't want to go any higher. The PH has jumped up on me ~1 point each day, so I have been using the PH down each day. Looks like the PH up will make a great paper weight!

I added another 1/4 dose of nutes today bringing it up to 1/2.

I'll get some pics up tonight.

nice tread !! :popcorn:

i got now 24 clones in some dwc bucket under 2x t5 light at 16inch should i put it closer ??
lmk what u guys think !! Ty

journals in sig !!

Thanks for stopping in. I would follow the link that Hydrogrown gave you in your journal White DWC Mistery Strain! (First Grow). I have never used T5s or anything other than CFLs as this is my first grow as well.

:goodluck:

Last three times I tried to post, this site went down... 4th time's the charm???

So yesterday I woke up to this:

16d0f9cc.jpg

ee80c59f.jpg

The leaves were twisting a bit (nute deficiency?) So I added another ¼ dose of nutes (now half) and adjusted the pH and they bounced right back. Just wondering what else this could be if not a deficiency? Also, I backed off the PC fan speed on the lights as I think the girls are getting a bit of wind burn. The roots are taking off; they have grown out of the net pots and are multiplying like crazy.

My first rookie mistake was testing temps, airflow, res temps etc. in a cooler place than my grow room. The temps inside the grow room have never been past 85 but it still seemed like the intake was just taking in too much hot air and the res temp jumped up to the mid to high 70s. So, last night I hooked up a duct from my box exhaust and ran it to the exhaust fan in the room (upstairs spare bathroom) flipped it on and the temps dropped 15 degrees in ~ 15 min. I shut the bathroom fan off at bedtime because it does drop to around 68 degrees at night and the box temps overnight were 72L/73H, sweet! :cheer: I threw a clean frozen water bottle in the res and temps dropped down to ~68 degrees and has stayed there. I did flip the bath exhaust on this morning since it will get warmer during the day.

Also, these ladies are already stinking (in a good way). I got some Ona gel yesterday but was concerned about what would happen when it gets sucked up by the intake. Will this stuff affect the smell or taste of the end product? I have seen odor buckets inside of tents and I have also read that this is a no-no. Has anyone had any issues? I like the smell of clean linen; just not sure I want to smoke it. :smokin:

Sorry for the long post, this was actually meant to be 3 individual ones!
Thanks!

Looks like the twisting is a pH problem correct? That would explain why when I fed and adjusted the pH, the leaves flattened back out.

I'm gonna pick up a digital meter today! :slide:

Many nute issues are due to pH being off. Check out this chart: PH and Nutrient Uptake charts!

Thanks Hemp! I picked up a digital meter today so the guess work is no more.

Despite the pH, heat, RH, wind burn and an F'N 2 hour power outage today :bitingnails:
They have found the will to grow!

DAY 1
P-91_3.jpg

DAY 4
Day_46.jpg

Day_4_2_.jpg

I hope to wake up to happier plants, they are already starting to look much better than yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom