Thanks Blue, and the water is dirtier today :smokin:

Day 2 of Water Cure

Day_2_water_cure1.jpg
Day_2_water_cure2.jpg

Shrinking up a bit more
Day_2_water_cure3.jpg

Fresh water added
Day_2_water_cure4.jpg

Lots more crap today and darker water to dump. The buds and such are slowly getting darker, which is cool because the trichs are getting more visible. I'll get some more pics of them tomorrow as its easier when there's no water.

Aaaaaaand, The next generation....:wood:
The_next_generation.jpg

/\ Those are Pineapple Express bag seeds. The budget is a little tight for clones right now and I'd have to wait a few weeks for those anyway as the grow-op can't keep up with demand (man I could really use some moms right now;)). These seeds were free and most of them look pretty good, and I know the weed was good so why the hell not eh?

Room got sprayed and tomorrow the grow room is getting an H2O2 treatment just to be more sure the PM isn't hiding and then the seeds are getting wet. I think I'm gonna uncork the air duct to the room and stick a hepa filter on the vent. That way I can run the air conditioning and keep temps in range to start round 2 :headbanger:

Thanks to all of you for following along with my ups, downs, and... ups :) And last but not even close to least, thanks for the kind words and the MOTM support, I'm truly blown away by that.

:Namaste:

Re: dirtinmyears P-91, CFL 12-Pack, SCROG, DWC 1st Grow

Thanks Blue, and the water is dirtier today :smokin:

Day 2 of Water Cure

Day_2_water_cure1.jpg
Day_2_water_cure2.jpg

Shrinking up a bit more
Day_2_water_cure3.jpg

Fresh water added
Day_2_water_cure4.jpg

Lots more crap today and darker water to dump. The buds and such are slowly getting darker, which is cool because the trichs are getting more visible. I'll get some more pics of them tomorrow as its easier when there's no water.

Aaaaaaand, The next generation....:wood:
The_next_generation.jpg

/\ Those are Pineapple Express bag seeds. The budget is a little tight for clones right now and I'd have to wait a few weeks for those anyway as the grow-op can't keep up with demand (man I could really use some moms right now;)). These seeds were free and most of them look pretty good, and I know the weed was good so why the hell not eh?

Room got sprayed and tomorrow the grow room is getting an H2O2 treatment just to be more sure the PM isn't hiding and then the seeds are getting wet. I think I'm gonna uncork the air duct to the room and stick a hepa filter on the vent. That way I can run the air conditioning and keep temps in range to start round 2 :headbanger:

Thanks to all of you for following along with my ups, downs, and... ups :) And last but not even close to least, thanks for the kind words and the MOTM support, I'm truly blown away by that.

:Namaste:

Love that things are looking up for you Dime! Those look like nice healthy seeds. I'm happy to throw my support your way for MOTM, and sounds like a good plan for bitch slapping PM. :)

Damn! That's some nasty looking water. I really never gave much thought to what might be in the shake for baking bags from the collectives I use to make butter. It hasn't killed me yet, but it will be nice to have control of what doesn't go in.

Magic beans, nothing better than free, unless they pay you to take them away.:rofl:

Looking nasty bro good work lol!

And good luck with the beans, I think I'm cursed at the moment thank god I have some clones.

Unless you grow your meds yourself you really have no idea what might be on them - pesticides, bird shit, dead bugs etc.

Also after my battles with mold I wonder how much of that I've smoked over the years. That's why I think you're doing the right thing, WC what you want to keep and pitch the rest.

My first try I water cured the worst and tried a normal cure with the rest. But I kept seeing more mold, and then I'm looking at the buds every day under a bright light with a magnifying glass. Finally I decided screw this and put it all into water.

Thanks for the pics, it won't be long now bro :peace:

:popcorn:It's cool seeing the WC done and all the junk that gets leeched out of it.:thumb:
It's very helpful to actually see one being done first hand. You've been awesome at documenting everything. They should use your pics to put a water curing section under the Harvesting & Curing part of the How To Grow..thread. How sweet would that be.:cool:
Well, I cant wait to see the rest of the cure and the finished product!
I'll tell you one thing, my friend, you've got my vote.:peacetwo:

Damn! That's some nasty looking water. I really never gave much thought to what might be in the shake for baking bags from the collectives I use to make butter. It hasn't killed me yet, but it will be nice to have control of what doesn't go in.

Magic beans, nothing better than free, unless they pay you to take them away.:rofl:

:rofl:

I'm right there with ya my friend. Lots of stuff coming out and makes me wonder how much stuff my body has processed. Free is very good right now!

Looking nasty bro good work lol!

And good luck with the beans, I think I'm cursed at the moment thank god I have some clones.

Unless you grow your meds yourself you really have no idea what might be on them - pesticides, bird shit, dead bugs etc.

Also after my battles with mold I wonder how much of that I've smoked over the years. That's why I think you're doing the right thing, WC what you want to keep and pitch the rest.

My first try I water cured the worst and tried a normal cure with the rest. But I kept seeing more mold, and then I'm looking at the buds every day under a bright light with a magnifying glass. Finally I decided screw this and put it all into water.

Thanks for the pics, it won't be long now bro :peace:

Thanks and your welcome Blue, seems like we all can wonder what we've smoked and ate that we didn't grow. The "bird shit" line made me laugh out loud, I remember you saying that before :).

I'm hoping the seeds come out OK too, they came from some meds one of the grow-op guys grew. I was told it's a 6-7 week flower but to try to push for 8 for some really big buds. My fingers, eyes, toes, arms and legs are crossed :wood:

:popcorn:It's cool seeing the WC done and all the junk that gets leeched out of it.:thumb:
It's very helpful to actually see it being done first hand. You've been awesome at documenting everything. They should use your pics to put a water curing section under the Harvesting & Curing part of the How To Grow..thread. How sweet would that be.:cool:
Well, I cant wait to see the rest of the cure and the finished product!
I'll tell you one thing, my friend, you've got my vote.:peacetwo:

Thanks AG, you have always been very kind and supportive :Namaste:

I found a water curing thread here a ways back from 2009 by Ultrasonic. He talked about the process but I didn't see any pics of the steps. I guess most folks don't want to see good looking buds get drowned and turned brown :rofl:. But I figure this way I can give my step by step experience with it for those who haven't seen it or are more interested in doing it.

If this turns out like I think it will, I may just have to WC the popcorn buds and trim on all my future grows. It's all gonna get made into hash, butter and edibles anyway right? At least I know it will be clean, taste better in food and I know it will be strong :).

Thanks you guys!

High dime, I don't know how I missed this, but better late than never.:nicethread:

That screenless scrog made for a very neat looking garden :thumb:

It's too bad about the PM, but it looks like that water cure is doing the trick.

:goodluck: with new seeds

High dime, I don't know how I missed this, but better late than never.:nicethread:

That screenless scrog made for a very neat looking garden :thumb:

It's too bad about the PM, but it looks like that water cure is doing the trick.

:goodluck: with new seeds

:) No worries, it's really great to have you here :thumb:

Thanks for the kind words and I hope you stick around. As the cure and dry is happening I hope to have the next journal moving with the new beans.

Take care!

:) No worries, it's really great to have you here :thumb:

Thanks for the kind words and I hope you stick around. As the cure and dry is happening I hope to have the next journal moving with the new bans.

Take care!

Hay dime, thanks for the welcome. Are you going to do another LST? You definitely know how make a girl look pretty ;)

Thanks again HB :)

I've been playing around with the thought of a SOG, but now with using seeds and seeing yarddog35's grow... I kinda want to try a 6 plant, 12/12 from seed grow. My light fixture keeps the growth very tight so I think it may work well along with some lollipopping. Good ol' bud on a stick, or as I refer to them as "Green Corn Dogs".

But... I'm still reading up on it, seems more than a few members here have had success with this and I still have some time to decide :)

Quick update before I'm out for the night... Cleaning took forever...again. Wifey helped me out as I'm still recovering from surgery but getting close to being normal again :).

Day 3 of Water Cure

Water is lighter today

Day_3_Water_Cure1.jpg
Day_3_Water_Cure6.jpg

The trichs are crazy in there...

Popcorn buds
Day_3_Water_Cure7.jpg

Bigger buds (they're hiding in the middle of the jar ;))
Day_3_Water_Cure2.jpg

The trichs seem cloudier today for some reason. There are still clear trichs, but a lot of those have cloudy heads. Either way I like how many there are :yummy:
Day_3_Water_Cure3.jpg
Day_3_Water_Cure4.jpg
Day_3_Water_Cure5.jpg

Room is ready. I have Jiffy seed starters and a dome/tray I was gonna use for some Basil, wonder if the new grow seeds would do ok in the same plugs. I think they're just sphagnum peat moss and wood pulp. Anyone use these things?

Take care guys :peacetwo:

Morning dime!

I didn't realize you'd had surgery, hope you have a full recovery.

The cure looks like it's going nicely, how are your temps? There's still a lot of green in that jar so you've got a while to go, but you're getting there.

I've never used plugs for seeds so I can't help you with that, but I'm sure someone else here can.

Take care my friend :peace:

Im with blue. I have never used any plugs for seedlings.
I have had an extremely high success rate with the following technique.
Soak seeds in room temperature tap water for 24 hours. Checking to see which seeds have sunk, and give each floating seed a tap to try an sink it. The seeds that sink within the first 12 hours will crack within 24 hours of being in paper towel.
I also prepare paper towel the day before and soak it in tap water and do not ring it out.
After the 24 hour time limit is up. I transfer each seed to the paper towel and do the plate method. Once seeds crack and 1/4 root is present, right into soil they go. Which I have saturated in 6.5 ph water 24 hours before.
Good luck man!
Oh and i cant beleive the amount of trichomes you still have on those water covered nugs! Great job sir.

The main reason mold sucks is how fast it does spread and how hard it is to get rid of in late flower... and then how do you know you really got rid of it? Early in flower you can at least watch to see if any more shows up.

Q you may be able to spray that stuff up to the day of harvest, but you can also wash your tomatoes and stuff. For us it's a different issue, I'd be really leery of spraying anything on the buds the last few weeks. Soil sure, but the buds...
I can agree with you on not spraying anything that will leave a residue but mold has one very serious weakness and that is High ph so late in flower any signs of mold could theoretically be treated by simply misting the effected areas with RO water ph'd between 8-10 , But of course the only effective way to deal with bud rot is to remove the plant ,barring that remove the entire affected area and dont try to save any of the bud attached to the area as it will be rife with billions of spores.

Morning dime!

I didn't realize you'd had surgery, hope you have a full recovery.

The cure looks like it's going nicely, how are your temps? There's still a lot of green in that jar so you've got a while to go, but you're getting there.

I've never used plugs for seeds so I can't help you with that, but I'm sure someone else here can.

Take care my friend :peace:

Thanks Blue, it wasn't like a life saving operation or anything... more like a mobility saving one :). But I do thank you for the kind thoughts. :thumb:

Temps have been a steady 71-81. The buds look darker in person than in the pics but I'll keep going until the water is clear. Now I need to start thinking about drying...:reading420magazine:

Im with blue. I have never used any plugs for seedlings.
I have had an extremely high success rate with the following technique.
Soak seeds in room temperature tap water for 24 hours. Checking to see which seeds have sunk, and give each floating seed a tap to try an sink it. The seeds that sink within the first 12 hours will crack within 24 hours of being in paper towel.
I also prepare paper towel the day before and soak it in tap water and do not ring it out.
After the 24 hour time limit is up. I transfer each seed to the paper towel and do the plate method. Once seeds crack and 1/4 root is present, right into soil they go. Which I have saturated in 6.5 ph water 24 hours before.
Good luck man!
Oh and i cant beleive the amount of trichomes you still have on those water covered nugs! Great job sir.

Thanks for that farnorth, very cool!:thumb:

I guess in my medicated state I typed "Plug" instead of "Pellet" if that makes any difference. The Pellets expand when you add water then you stick the seeds inside and place that in the tray. I know they work for veggies but wasn't sure with MJ.

Before water is on the right after is on the left.

The only reason I thought of using the pellets was that I only have the FF Ocean Forest and I thought it may be too hot for the seedlings. Getting more stuff is not really an option right now. What do you guys think? I really like your plan farnorth.

Thanks!

I can agree with you on not spraying anything that will leave a residue but mold has one very serious weakness and that is High ph so late in flower any signs of mold could theoretically be treated by simply misting the effected areas with RO water ph'd between 8-10 , But of course the only effective way to deal with bud rot is to remove the plant ,barring that remove the entire affected area and dont try to save any of the bud attached to the area as it will be rife with billions of spores.

Thanks for the solid info again Cateros. Luckily there was no rot at all. I will keep the PH'd RO treatment info for the future grows, I appreciate it :thumb:

Lookin really good DIME! Love the frost!

Excellent work my friend.

Thanks 420fied, doing what I can with what I have right now :surf:

Your girls are looking insane my man!

Great journal bro!

You want them to dry pretty quickly so they don't get moldy. All I did was pour off the water and then put them on a window screen. They were dry within 24 hrs.

Great journal bro!

You want them to dry pretty quickly so they don't get moldy. All I did was pour off the water and then put them on a window screen. They were dry within 24 hrs.

Sweet! Thanks Blue :thumb:

Did you dry them in the dark or light?

...I was also thinking of using a food dehydrator :).

Back
Top Bottom