P-91 - CFL 12Pack - SCROG - DWC 1st Grow

Re: dirtinmyears P-91, CFL 12-Pack, SCROG, DWC 1st Grow

I always try to keep the buds out of the light after the chop, I've read many times that light degrades the thc. But then I also read that the original columbian and acapulco golds got their color from being dried under the sun and they were kick ass so who knows.

I had a fan running too but not really on them, just to keep the air circulating.

I always try to keep the buds out of the light after the chop, I've read many times that light degrades the thc. But then I also read that the original columbian and acapulco golds got their color from being dried under the sun and they were kick ass so who knows.

I had a fan running too but not really on them, just to keep the air circulating.

ps I've never used a dehydrator but it sounds like it would work great :thumb:

Thanks for your help Blue :thumb:

I have a screen already waiting but I have to dig out the dehydrator and make sure it's working :)... I'll keep you posted.

Well, I put 8 seeds in some water to start the next journey... One sank immediately, I moved the shot glass and it rose back to the top :).

Also separately , I'm teaching the kids how to grow some vegetables so I'll let them use the jiffy pellets. I have found a local shop that sells small bags of the Fox Farms line of soil so I'll pick up some seed friendly soil to start all the plants off once they get some roots.

The water cure update will be up later.

Talk with ya then.

Hey Dirt-Seems I am having the same problem with my 3 girls-they were root bound in 4" pots,transplanted to 5 gal. almos10 days ago only giving them arrowhead moutian spring water-that may be the problem-I don't have a ph meter-uSING FFOF soil-I don't want the girls to die!!Temp's high82-low69 rh high40 low31-TOO much air circulation?? DON'TFU*KIN KNIOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any Idea's????????
"One Man Gathers What Another Man Spills"

I had read the original Colombian and Acapulco gold got that golden color from a process called girding or girdling something like that where they remove the very outer layer of bark from a section of the main stalk several inches above the ground , they dont remove alot but about an inch tall section all the way around and about as deep as what you can remove with a potato cutter.

Well, blew the dust off the old scale. I usually calibrate her with a 10 gram brass weight, but the stoner method is to place a US nickel (not sure on other currency :)) on the scale and it should read ~5 grams. Not the very best method as you can weigh five different coins and get five different weights... but it's great in a pinch ;)

Day_4_Water_Cure2.jpg

Here are the beans right after I dropped them in, you can see the tease down on the bottom :)
Day_4_Water_Cure1.jpg

and the WATER CURE DAY 4

Water is getting cleaner and buds are starting to look like canned green beans :)

Day_4_Water_Cure3.jpg
Day_4_Water_Cure4.jpg

Shrinking up each day except for the jar on the right which were the mid grade buds.

Day_4_Water_Cure5.jpg

Trichs look like fur :rofl:

Day_4_Water_Cure6.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

I had read the original Colombian and Acapulco gold got that golden color from a process called girding or girdling something like that where they remove the very outer layer of bark from a section of the main stalk several inches above the ground , they dont remove alot but about an inch tall section all the way around and about as deep as what you can remove with a potato cutter.

...Learn something new today....check :thumb:

Thanks my friend, you always post really great knowledge and stories. I'm really fortunate to have you around.

Thank you!

Hey Dirt-Seems I am having the same problem with my 3 girls-they were root bound in 4" pots,transplanted to 5 gal. almos10 days ago only giving them arrowhead moutian spring water-that may be the problem-I don't have a ph meter-uSING FFOF soil-I don't want the girls to die!!Temp's high82-low69 rh high40 low31-TOO much air circulation?? DON'TFU*KIN KNIOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any Idea's????????
"One Man Gathers What Another Man Spills"

Hi Box. :yummy:

I don't think you are in trouble. They have to grow more roots before they will start upward again. If your worried about your water, go the local Safeway Store they have RO water for 25 cents a gallon. It's pH is a perfect 7.0, which is neutral in soil. Hang in there buddy! First rule of growing...Be Patient! :cool: Hope that helps. Oh! By the way, FFOF has enough nutes in it for 30 days. :Rasta:

That still looks like smokable product to me!:thumb:

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what it looks like dry.

Hi Box. :yummy:

I don't think you are in trouble. They have to grow more roots before they will start upward again. If your worried about your water, go the local Safeway Store they have RO water for 25 cents a gallon. It's pH is a perfect 7.0, which is neutral in soil. Hang in there buddy! First rule of growing...Be Patient! :cool: Hope that helps. Oh! By the way, FFOF has enough nutes in it for 30 days. :Rasta:

Thanks OMM, as always great advice from a great grower :thumb:

That still looks like smokable product to me!:thumb:

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what it looks like dry.

Thanks AM, Don't think the girls are going to the prom, but they're gonna rock the after-party :rofl:

Well, I'm hoping this is a good sign...

080ec170.jpg

...woke up to the sunken seeds :slide: ~13 hours after I dropped them in. They'll go into the paper towel tonight. Got the 6500K bulbs back in my light fixture for the veggies in the seedling tray.

:peacetwo:

Hey Dime, those wet buds are looking good.

The PM has raised its ugly head again on one of mine. Going to try the high PH water misting suggested by Cateros. Will track results in my journal.

Thanks Mugs, and I left a message in your journal :goodluck:

UPDATE, Water Cure Day 5

The water is getting pretty clear and the buds are darkening up :thumb:

Day_5_water_cure1.jpg
Day_5_water_cure2.jpg
Day_5_water_cure5.jpg

Almost there...

Day_5_water_cure3.jpg

Trich shots,

Day_5_water_cure7.jpg
Day_5_water_cure6.jpg

The new seeds went into the wet paper towel and paper plate sandwich and are sitting on my DVR to keep warm, now the waiting begins... again :).

Fingers... crossed!:wood:

No kidding those trichs are insane! The plant is losing mass as the cure progresses and shrinking in on itself, pulling all those trichs in tight to each other. Awesome pics Mr. Dime :)

The trich shots reminds me of a super soft microfiber cloth :loopy:

Fuzzy Buds :grinjoint:. The are very absorbent!

No kidding those trichs are insane! The plant is losing mass as the cure progresses and shrinking in on itself, pulling all those trichs in tight to each other. Awesome pics Mr. Dime :)

It's cool to see... the trichs are now over 70% cloudy and increasing. This stuff should be great for hash and butter too, lots of material to work with :yummy:

Well, ~12 hours since I put the seeds into the wet paper towel and one has cracked already! Sweet! I'm guessing it's the one that sank first.

I won't be home until later but I'll get a few pics up then... I hope the rest are waking up :thumb:

Thanks farnorth for the suggestion! :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom