P-91 - CFL 12Pack - SCROG - DWC 1st Grow

Re: dirtinmyears P-91, CFL 12-Pack, SCROG, DWC 1st Grow

Great work DIME! You really pulled through in the "heat of battle" and turned a possible tragedy into a great harvest! :bravo:
Those trichs look awesome! :welldone:

Now, that's just good news DIME !:thumb:

I was surprised that it had a taste at all. A one hit quitter! What more could you ask for? :Rasta:

Great news brother dime :yahoo:

Great work DIME! You really pulled through in the "heat of battle" and turned a possible tragedy into a great harvest! :bravo:
Those trichs look awesome! :welldone:

Thanks guys :thumb:

I have a clear head this morning so I can add what I didn't say last night :)

I was expecting almost no flavor and was very surprised when it was there. I think what has happened is that with the lids left on and no air exchanging or evaporating, the buds have gone more through an aging process than a traditional WC.

The flavor between the P91 I bought and they P91 I'm curing is night and day... not even close to the same thing. The stuff I bought was fruity, this is not. Like the wine analogy from last night, the stuff I bought was like a Chardonnay or White Zinfandel, this is more like a full bodied Merlot. It leaves a dry clean taste.

The high kicks in, in about 8-10 mins. At twenty minutes your mind starts to wander and from 30 min to 75 min it's hard to function and your body is numb (great for pain!). After that it slowly fades and leaves you sitting there feeling like you just woke up from a nap and then it's gone. SWEET! I now know to set aside two full hours for when I take these meds.

I am going to start drying these tonight, but have a day planned with wifey and the Family for Mother's Day.

ALSO!... PE #1 is already trying to break through the surface:slide: There is an unmistakable bit of green showing already :thumb:

Talk with ya later!

Hey DIME!
Sorry to hear about the mold issue but it looks like you got some good input and the water cure is working out for you, those trich pics look great:yummy: I'm still trying to catch up on journals but its hard to do with my phone.

:peace:

Thanks for stopping by 52 and sorry your computer is messing with you. Everything is working out better than I thought. The support here is beyond what I could have hoped for and I may have accidentally found a new spin (at least to me) on water curing..."Water Aging" :).

Once this cure is done I think I'll lay out my experience in another thread. This one was done whilst medicated half the time :rofl:

Take care man!

Congrats on some killer homegrown, dime!!:yummy:
I'm glad everything worked out for you despite the problems.
I can't wait to see how these PE's turn out!!!:goodluck:

OK guys... I'm baaaaaked! :lot-o-toke:

I didn't take pics of the jars as they look pretty much the same but I did get some trich shots.

Day 7 of Water Cure

Day_7_water_cure1.jpg
Day_7_water_cure2.jpg

...and the smoke report :thumb:

...30 minutes later and I'm here to this point :rofl:

The sample was a tad bit damp on the inside but overall it was dry. The taste was a bit earthy with a hint of mint but felt very full like a nice wine. The smoke expands once inhaled and the exhale was smooth while the flavor kicks in again. Finishes smooth leaving a satisfied palette.

The high...well ya! :thumb:

It's a bit like couch-lock except it's in your head :). From the chest up and down the arms is almost numb. Simple tasks... like typing, take almost complete concentration. (do you know how long it took me to spell concentration? :rofl:) not even sure if that's right :rofl:

All of this from two good size rips off the bong :bigtoke:

This took 45 min. to post :loopy: GOOD NIGHT!

That is SO the same high I got with the smoke from Baby...same thing exactly...

Not harvesting early next time...

:Namaste:

Congrats on some killer homegrown, dime!!:yummy:
I'm glad everything worked out for you despite the problems.
I can't wait to see how these PE's turn out!!!:goodluck:

That is SO the same high I got with the smoke from Baby...same thing exactly...

Not harvesting early next time...

Great to hear about the smoke dime!!!!!
How much do you think the water cure effects the weight? You said it loses about a third of the size, but what about weight?

Thanks Guys! Sorry for the slow replies.. looks like I need a whole day just to catch up on journals! :rofl:

AM, I appreciate that my friend! Looks like a silver lining for this cloud after all.

Giants, the smoke I had was from one of the smaller fluffy buds. Wifey was in a lot of pain this morning so luckily I had started drying all of it last night :thumb:. She smoked some from one of the bigger dense buds and she said it was even stronger than the first :slide:. Knocked her pain down (her words) by 80% :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Farnorth, Thanks again! I can't wait to try the good buds out tonight. The weights are tough to estimate as these were under water instead of fresh off the plant. I'd say around 35-40% of the water cure weight will be gone. I'll weigh everything tonight.

QUICK PICS from DRYING! The color is a bit off in these pictures from what they look like. Once they are dry I'll take some HQ pics.

Good on top and so on down :surf:

e860648b.jpg

The good buds! (Hey for 5 weeks of flower they are pretty good:)). Spent a loooong time trimming these up. The hard part was cutting off wet sugar leaves as they were a bit stuck. The good part was that the shears didn't get sticky until the end. As they started drying they got real sticky.

840322e5.jpg

Also 6 out of 7 PE seeds are up :slide::slide::slide:

PE #2 has already started on her first set of true leaves:thumb:

baby pics tonight!

Those buds are looking good. Did you use the heating element on the dehydrator on just air dry on the trays.

Good to hear they work for pain relief.

Thanks Mugs, I ran the Dehydrator for about an hour to get the majority of water out. Then air-dried the rest of the way.

If I had an adjustable dehydrator I think I would have left it on. The one I have has seven trays and hits 160 deg. in the bottom four trays with the lid on. The top tray ran around 100 deg. with the lid off and I didn't want to bake them. I ran some tests using a timer and it was just too hard to get an even temp. The small buds dried fast after I pulled them off the dehyd., but some of the bigger buds are a little damp and are still on the trays. Should be good by tonight :thumb:

The buds are dry and damn are they strong. I had to wait a couple of hours to post this so it wouldn't take so long. :)

I have to say the water cure really empties out the plant matter...The dry weight from the fluffy stuff was 28.77g ,the bigger buds was 24.23g, and around 2.97g of shake and trim for a total of 55.97g or 1.97 oz. It would have been 2 zips but mama and me smoked some. :tokin:

Scale was set to zero before weighing the meds:

Fluffy stuff
Water_cure_finished1.jpg

Keepers
Water_cure_finished2.jpg

I think I lost around 35-40% of what it would have weighed through air drying and twice that had it went full term. But before you say "That's a shame" :rofl: know this... IT KNOCKS YOU ON YOUR BUTT! I guess I look at it like "Marijuana Concentrate". One hit put my mind on slow-mo and numbed my body for an hour and a half. The bigger buds will last us for a while and the rest is getting made into something :yummy:

Overall I'm good with how this turned out for an early harvest at ~day 42 of 12/12 and ~day 38 of flower. The lessons I've learned and the friends I've made are worth much more to me. Thank you to each and every one of you for your help and support along the way. This really is the best site on the internet and the people here are truly amazing. :thumb:

...Round 2 has already begun and will be up shortly. ALL 7 seeds have popped and the first set of leaves are showing.... stay tuned :allgood:

-dime

Hi DIME! :)

Those look great! The will last a long while, since they hit so hard. :thumb:

A blessing in disguise !:ganjamon:

Thanks OMM, and you're right about that! This will last a while... or until we build up a strain tolerance :rofl:

I hope you visit the new journal when I get it moving soon, it would be great to have you around ;)

Aww yeah, thats a nice pull man 2oz for an early harvest! Now enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Im defiantly looking forward to round to man! :thumb: :tokin:

Thanks xbox, and I do hope you are there!

I hope round two will all work out... more experiments and another method to try. I'll give ya a hint.. it rhymes with "smelve smelve from sneed" :)

hey Dime - congrats on the harvest and the successful water-cure. Nugs look good, especially given all that happened. Super - concentrated bud. Love it!

Hey bro great job making lemonade out of lemons! Check out Doc's earliest hempy grows if you want to see "smelve smelve from sneed" in action. He may still be growing that way, I'm not sure.

Once again, awesome job, DIME of yielding some great quality meds from a "would-be-doomed" harvest!!! :bravo:

As much as I love the smell & taste of some top-notch meds, you're making me really want to try that WC since I like the effect even more than the taste! :tokin:

Great job, brother! :welldone:

hey Dime - congrats on the harvest and the successful water-cure. Nugs look good, especially given all that happened. Super - concentrated bud. Love it!

Hey bro great job making lemonade out of lemons! Check out Doc's earliest hempy grows if you want to see "smelve smelve from sneed" in action. He may still be growing that way, I'm not sure.

Thanks you guys, I loved having you around! This was far from your normal grow, but worked out in the end.

Blue, a BIG THANKS to you for suggesting the water cure. I think if you hadn't mentioned it, I'd have a bunch of empty jars right now :).

Hope to see you guys for round 2... if anything it will be fun to see what happens :rofl:

Take care.

Once again, awesome job, DIME of yielding some great quality meds from a "would-be-doomed" harvest!!! :bravo:

As much as I love the smell & taste of some top-notch meds, you're making me really want to try that WC since I like the effect even more than the taste! :tokin:

Great job, brother! :welldone:

Mr K... my brother from another mother :thumb:

Thank you!

The WC is definitely not for everyone, but if you have some fluffy stuff, trim or even some buds you want to save :)... I would recommend at least trying it out. The taste will be affected to some degree so if you have a strain you just have to taste, maybe WC something else ;).

Hope to see you for round two my friend!

...Also, these buds burn so clean. Wifey and I stuffed a big ol' nug in the bowl last night to celebrate the end of this grow and it turned into fluffy white ash and pulled through clean. We were wrecked off of 3 hits each :rofl: I woke up high this morning, sweet lord! :rofl:

:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom