P-91 - CFL 12Pack - SCROG - DWC 1st Grow

Re: dirtinmyears P-91, CFL 12-Pack, SCROG, DWC 1st Grow

I am sold on this method because of this journal... Two things... you know how sometimes the harvest can really get in the way of life because its tough to have your place smelling like ganga jungle for the few days it takes to get everything under control... well jamming everything half trimmed into a jar of water and then not worrying about it except to dump the cloudy water and add ro water, for 5 days then have product that has limited smells is a major plus.

Second, you know how that bag of sugar leaf is always hard to keep around after you have harvested, because you know... you got a lot, and the waste in the land of plenty is always higher than the land of nothing... Well this is the perfect plan for that leaf...

Finally, (out of the box) I wonder if you could potentially spray for bugs with a water soluble pesticide late into an outdoor harvest and then cure the problem with he water cure (pardon the pun). I mean you are soaking and clearing the bad water, a few extra days in nice clean water would potentially get rid of the chem... Just thinkin outloud.

Anyways I am stoked for you...

I am sold on this method because of this journal... Two things... you know how sometimes the harvest can really get in the way of life because its tough to have your place smelling like ganga jungle for the few days it takes to get everything under control... well jamming everything half trimmed into a jar of water and then not worrying about it except to dump the cloudy water and add ro water, for 5 days then have product that has limited smells is a major plus.

Second, you know how that bag of sugar leaf is always hard to keep around after you have harvested, because you know... you got a lot, and the waste in the land of plenty is always higher than the land of nothing... Well this is the perfect plan for that leaf...

Finally, (out of the box) I wonder if you could potentially spray for bugs with a water soluble pesticide late into an outdoor harvest and then cure the problem with he water cure (pardon the pun). I mean you are soaking and clearing the bad water, a few extra days in nice clean water would potentially get rid of the chem... Just thinkin outloud.

Anyways I am stoked for you...

Thanks McC! I appreciate that and am glad I could share my experience with water curing. I think your out of the box ideas should get placed IN the box. You have so many great ideas and thoughts based on experience. I will be using defoliation on my next grow to keep the heights down :thumb:.

If water cure can get rid of PM and mold, water-based pesticides shouldn't put up much of a fight ;)... so keep thinking out loud my friend. I hope you visit the new journal... it's in my sig.

Thanks again!

I always like everything the OMM likes :)

Dime I'm really glad I could help you out and that it worked out so well for you. Hopefully you won't ever be forced to do it again, but only as you want to. It's like defoliating, another arrow in the quiver.

This was a great journal, thanks for sharing with us :bravo:

Dime! Sorry it took me this long to get here! I will go into your other journal as soon as im done working tonight for a full catch up.
You are right, for day 42, cutting at the halfway mark, over 50 grams is really really awesome. You learned so much about growing, and you had one of, if not the best LST'd plants ive ever seen. Seriously good job. The amount of crystals you had on your plants had me in a daze just from the pictures. I think bluedog would agree!

And through the water cure. You had the chance and did, something that most of us wouldnt get the chance to do. You made the best out of your given situation and that is awesome! I will there was a way for all of us to try each others buds!
I cant wait to catch up on your new grow. Great work!
farnorth

I always like everything the OMM likes :)

Dime I'm really glad I could help you out and that it worked out so well for you. Hopefully you won't ever be forced to do it again, but only as you want to. It's like defoliating, another arrow in the quiver.

This was a great journal, thanks for sharing with us :bravo:

Well then I'm glad OMM liked it! :) Blue you are a real asset to this site and it was great that you offered your experience and time to me. And yes, hopefully the WC will be because I want to do it ;).

Thanks my friend!

Dime! Sorry it took me this long to get here! I will go into your other journal as soon as im done working tonight for a full catch up.
You are right, for day 42, cutting at the halfway mark, over 50 grams is really really awesome. You learned so much about growing, and you had one of, if not the best LST'd plants ive ever seen. Seriously good job. The amount of crystals you had on your plants had me in a daze just from the pictures. I think bluedog would agree!

And through the water cure. You had the chance and did, something that most of us wouldnt get the chance to do. You made the best out of your given situation and that is awesome! I will there was a way for all of us to try each others buds!
I cant wait to catch up on your new grow. Great work!
farnorth

Thank you very much farnorth as well :thumb:. I know how much time your garden takes up and I appreciate you taking the time to say all of that. Hopefully in the next twenty years we will see the technology to allow us to email buds! ....ahh, stoner tech.:tokin:

It's very cool that the water cure is getting some more exposure... It's been around for a very long time but I don't think it is used as often as it should be. I am a total convert now! I plan on using this in some way for the rest of my growing years. I told the owner of the shop I go to about my experience with it and he said he had heard about it but now he was going to try it out... very cool.

Sorry for the late replies and I still have to update my new journal. Last night was spent making some Kief! Mama did most of it as I was busy in the growroom but she did awesome with some elbow-grease and a silkscreen :slide:

What's left of the ounce of shake and fluffy buds

42e724cc.jpg

Half way there

3cc144d6.jpg

The end weight

383f3615.jpg

Still have ~23g of shake and tiny buds left from that ounce that will get made into butter. Lots of THC left just too tired last night to keep going. Plus we want some treats that won't kick our butts too bad :rofl:

...now on to the new journal

:peacetwo:

That screen and Keif is awesome brotha!! I'm jealous

:tokin:

Thanks brother, I was getting light-headed just being near it. Mama got a bit medicated (OK a lot) when she was working on it... I guess some kief was on the back of her hand and then she got a itchy nose, rubbed it and BOOM! Got some up her nose :rofl: and that's when I took over :thumb: She was done!

Thanks brother, I was getting light-headed just being near it. Mama got a bit medicated (OK a lot) when she was working on it... I guess some kief was on the back of her hand and then she got a itchy nose, rubbed it and BOOM! Got some up her nose :rofl: and that's when I took over :thumb: She was done!

Classic hahaha! I laughed out loud at this one

:high-five:

:rofl::rofl::yahoo::rofl::rofl:

Nice heap 'o kief dime :woohoo:

Sorry Blue I must have missed that post, Thanks my friend!
It was a bit of work but the cool thing is, is that it has almost has no taste to it. Wifey and I smoked a bud sandwich with Kief in the middle. We were TOAST! Stuff would be great to mix a bit into edibles :)

Dime,
Just Caught up on the journal. great grow buddy.

Hey, thanks for stopping in and the nice compliment :thumb:

It was a bit of a crazy ride but a great learning experience. I just started the new grow and a new style of growing to me (I love experimenting). The link is in my sig if you want to check it out.

Thanks again and take care.

:Namaste:

OK guys... I'm baaaaaked! :lot-o-toke:

I didn't take pics of the jars as they look pretty much the same but I did get some trich shots.

Day 7 of Water Cure

Day_7_water_cure1.jpg
Day_7_water_cure2.jpg

...and the smoke report :thumb:

...30 minutes later and I'm here to this point :rofl:

The sample was a tad bit damp on the inside but overall it was dry. The taste was a bit earthy with a hint of mint but felt very full like a nice wine. The smoke expands once inhaled and the exhale was smooth while the flavor kicks in again. Finishes smooth leaving a satisfied palette.

The high...well ya! :thumb:

It's a bit like couch-lock except it's in your head :). From the chest up and down the arms is almost numb. Simple tasks... like typing, take almost complete concentration. (do you know how long it took me to spell concentration? :rofl:) not even sure if that's right :rofl:

All of this from two good size rips off the bong :bigtoke:

This took 45 min. to post :loopy: GOOD NIGHT!

hi dirtinmyears ive been reading your journal its been a wild ride :tokin:

Im interested about the water cured budds do you recon it takes smoother??
many years ago when i was a kid we used to get alot of leaf and put it in a stocking and sit it in luke warm water take it out dry it we recon it made it stronger hehe it was called water leaching
so im guessing this is much the same im going to have to try it on a jar of budds even if i havent got any mold :thumb:

thanks for the info

OK guys... I'm baaaaaked! :lot-o-toke:

I didn't take pics of the jars as they look pretty much the same but I did get some trich shots.

Day 7 of Water Cure

Day_7_water_cure1.jpg
Day_7_water_cure2.jpg

...and the smoke report :thumb:

...30 minutes later and I'm here to this point :rofl:

The sample was a tad bit damp on the inside but overall it was dry. The taste was a bit earthy with a hint of mint but felt very full like a nice wine. The smoke expands once inhaled and the exhale was smooth while the flavor kicks in again. Finishes smooth leaving a satisfied palette.

The high...well ya! :thumb:

It's a bit like couch-lock except it's in your head :). From the chest up and down the arms is almost numb. Simple tasks... like typing, take almost complete concentration. (do you know how long it took me to spell concentration? :rofl:) not even sure if that's right :rofl:

All of this from two good size rips off the bong :bigtoke:

This took 45 min. to post :loopy: GOOD NIGHT!

Im interested about the water cured budds do you recon it taste smoother??
many years ago when i was a kid we used to get alot of leaf and put it in a stocking and sit it in luke warm water take it out dry it we recon it made it stronger hehe it was called water leaching
so im guessing this is much the same im going to have to try it on a jar of budds even if i havent got any mold :thumb:

thanks for the info

Whats going on Dime,
Long time no see man, i've been out of the loop for awhile. It sucks when people do that it bums me out, but im glad your still here and im glad im getting back into this forum! Trust me i've been very active in hydroponics and thats one of the reasons im writing you to show you the new thread I created. Screw that Half assed one I'm starting over. Heres the link:

Hydrologist's Pertetual RDWC Grow - Bubba Chunk - C99 - Pineapple - Tarzan Strains

Crack'd some new strains and I have em in Coco, also just moved 4 new DWC buckets into the closet-at the moment its a veg room since im not flowering atm, but I also have two babies that I will flip to 12/12 in 10 days. I have to to keep on schedual with things. Goin Perpetual! I wanna be able to harvest every month and keep this going so I have to get it perpetual. It's ganna be fun though. Work, but work I look forward to. So yeah I'll catch up with you more later, more people to hit up!
Take it easy\\
Hydro

Im interested about the water cured budds do you recon it taste smoother??

thanks for the info

Thanks Ozman! Wild is the best way to describe it :). The smoke is much smoother after the water cure, the taste of the buds is very different from the samples I took before the cure. But, I can take huge hits of this stuff and have no worry about coughing, it's pretty cool.

Sounds like water leaching is basically the same thing as water curing, just using a stocking instead of a jar. That's great that you used that method in the past, seems like a lot of people have then it went away from the mainstream, but I'm glad it stayed around. :thumb:

Good luck with the cure, and hope to see you around here.

-dime

Whats going on Dime,
Long time no see man, i've been out of the loop for awhile. It sucks when people do that it bums me out, but im glad your still here and im glad im getting back into this forum! Trust me i've been very active in hydroponics and thats one of the reasons im writing you to show you the new thread I created. Screw that Half assed one I'm starting over. Heres the link:

Hydrologist's Pertetual RDWC Grow - Bubba Chunk - C99 - Pineapple - Tarzan Strains

Crack'd some new strains and I have em in Coco, also just moved 4 new DWC buckets into the closet-at the moment its a veg room since im not flowering atm, but I also have two babies that I will flip to 12/12 in 10 days. I have to to keep on schedual with things. Goin Perpetual! I wanna be able to harvest every month and keep this going so I have to get it perpetual. It's ganna be fun though. Work, but work I look forward to. So yeah I'll catch up with you more later, more people to hit up!
Take it easy\\
Hydro

What's up my man?! I know you have been busy and it's great to talk with ya, so no worries.

I'll definitely be over too check out the grow, you should stop by my new journal as well, love to have you. The link is in my sig, I'll talk to ya in your new journal.

:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom