P-91 - CFL 12Pack - SCROG - DWC 1st Grow

Re: dirtinmyears P-91, CFL 12-Pack, SCROG, DWC 1st Grow

Just a slight update on the water curing...

one of the growers I was talking to here about the WC started their own WC and gave me some interesting info yesterday. He is curing 4 different strains (1/4 zip each) of already DRY meds. 1st strain is his homegrown and the three others were from the grow-op. He said that his jar looked a lot like mine with the water being somewhat light in color and smell. He did say that the water from two of the grow-op strains was dark and smelled like hell, the fourth was lighter like his. I may talk with him today so I'll ask him again what he is feeding his girls... I thought it was H&G.

Guess that gives a little insight as to what a dispensary med can have in it or that flushing probably didn't happen. I know some flush and some don't, but what I wonder is what those growers are feeding with or treating for bugs/mold/etc with, that makes the water so dark.

It was funny though, he was talking to another grower about WC-ing and they both said the same thing, "Man, we could just keep feeding until the day of the chop and then water cure them!" :rofl:

BlueDog, you started something big among the growers I know here :thumb:

I'll keep you guys updated on how they like it.

I think I may throw a couple of my dried/cured buds into some water. I'm very curious how much stuff will leach out. I don't do a full flush, just a draw down to about 600 ppm. I'll make sure to take a before and after pic of the buds next to a comparison bud.

Very interesting process, I don't know if the local dispensary will be wanting to buy any though, since it affects the smell and taste (and they are all about the stank!).

Hey dime that is real interesting. The first time I did it, the first thing that went through my mind was wondering what kind of shit I'd been smoking over the years. I had to spray a lot for bugs, neem based stuff, and that water was nasty for about 3 days, looked like it was fermenting.

Steve that's a great thought you had, you don't have to cure much to find out what's up. Just size the jar to whatever it is you're curing and see what happens to the water.

:peace:

I think I may throw a couple of my dried/cured buds into some water. I'm very curious how much stuff will leach out. I don't do a full flush, just a draw down to about 600 ppm. I'll make sure to take a before and after pic of the buds next to a comparison bud.

Very interesting process, I don't know if the local dispensary will be wanting to buy any though, since it affects the smell and taste (and they are all about the stank!).

Go for it :thumb:. I think it's a great idea as well. The before and afters will be cool to see.

It's funny you mentioned the dispensary... the guy that's doing the water cure with the 4 strains said he is going to get some feedback from some of the other grow-op members after he gives them some samples. He said he knows that most folks want great tasting meds, but some may like the potency and lack of smell, more than they need it to taste great. Guess we'll find out what they say in a few days.

I let a few friends/members try my stuff and they were surprised. It doesn't smell like burning marijuana anymore, it's almost like the smell of burning brush and the taste has faded from the first time I tried it as well. It seemed a bit stronger the last two days two me, but it may just be my lack of rest ;).

Hey dime that is real interesting. The first time I did it, the first thing that went through my mind was wondering what kind of shit I'd been smoking over the years. I had to spray a lot for bugs, neem based stuff, and that water was nasty for about 3 days, looked like it was fermenting.

Steve that's a great thought you had, you don't have to cure much to find out what's up. Just size the jar to whatever it is you're curing and see what happens to the water.

:peace:

Blue, you really have pushed the proverbial snowball down the hill with this one my friend. :goodjob: I have to say thank you for sharing this method.

Thanks steve for the message, I will be putting up a thread to share my water cure and would like to invite you guys over to share your experiences as well. I think water curing has gotten some bad press and though I know that if you can't live without the taste or looks, than it's probably not the best option, But if you want to save a crop from PM, want to make edibles that don't taste like weed, or want a stealthy way to smoke... it may be an option for you.

The water cure thread is up! Please stop by and feel free to share your experiences with everyone.

Link is in my sig.

Found this thanks to your very informative thread, but GO DIME! EXPERIMENTIN WITH THE WATER CURE!

dude how was it? Would you recomend it over the normal dry/cureing process?
What are the pro's? the Con's? Dude! Tottaly excited about this as I know very little about it and in fact have only had one or two conversations with anyone about this technique before, and must admit I was a little aprehensious to try it knowing that it could ruin my harvest but it looks like you did a killer job dude way to go!

Also stoked to see you crackin a few new babie seedlings, will they be in your new thread? is this thread now dead or will this continue as a perpetual? What type of growing medium will you be putting these girls in?

Can't wait to hear back!

((((HYDROLOGIST))))

Found this thanks to your very informative thread, but GO DIME! EXPERIMENTIN WITH THE WATER CURE!

dude how was it? Would you recomend it over the normal dry/cureing process?
What are the pro's? the Con's? Dude! Tottaly excited about this as I know very little about it and in fact have only had one or two conversations with anyone about this technique before, and must admit I was a little aprehensious to try it knowing that it could ruin my harvest but it looks like you did a killer job dude way to go!

Also stoked to see you crackin a few new babie seedlings, will they be in your new thread? is this thread now dead or will this continue as a perpetual? What type of growing medium will you be putting these girls in?

Can't wait to hear back!

((((HYDROLOGIST))))

Hey Hydro, nice to hear from you (in multiple threads too:)). :thanks:

I'd say the cons for normal healthy buds would be the lack of taste and smell after the water cure and the reduced weight and bag appeal ...that's ...about ...it. BUT, those are BIG items for most growers (especially commercial growers) and I have to agree on the taste factor... I love the taste! But if you plan on making edibles and don't want to taste that bong water flavoring (I know I don't) this may be for you.

I'd say the pros are that you can save the buds that would have been considered trash from PM and mold.

You get meds that are clean and free of nutes, pesticides and whatever else they may have come in to contact with.

You can feed up until the day you chop which could give you larger buds in the end. I don't have the personal data to support that but logically it makes sense.

The trim used to make hash, concentrates and edibles will taste clean and be clean.

Overall I'm very happy with water curing and must give another big thanks to BlueDog for starting me down this path. My goal now is just to show a more positive side to water curing and focus on the benefits from using it. What I don't want to show or portray is that this has to be done or that this way is better than that way etc.. I think I'm going to post all this in the water cure thread too :).

This journal is now over and as for the seedlings, they have their own thread and I have a new growing adventure :). All the details of the new grow are pretty much in the first post. Same soil, nutes, water etc. as this grow. I hope to see you there my friend!

Thanks to all of you for following this grow and for helping me get as far as I did. This site really is one giant grow-op and one hell of a family.

:thanks::420:

MODS! Let the axe fall on this baby! :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom