420 Magazine Background

P9 Hunts For The Unicorn With Mars SP 250s

Preston9mm

Member of the Month: Oct 2018 - Photo of the Month: Nov 2018 - Plant of the Month: Jan 2019 - Nug of the Month: July 2019
Yeah that's definitely a problem with Canada if the authorities had their way the whole country would be disarmed except for the law enforcement.you're not even allowed to keep a firearm in your home ready to go in case you need to protect your home or your family. Everything is supposed to be locked up and secure. And they just banned a whole shitload of so-called assault rifles. One day your allowed to possess them and sell them the next day they are a prohibited weapon and you doing some serious time if you get caught doing either.
It's a nice perk, but we also get a few nutjobs who just happen to "squeak by" that federal background check...
Sometimes they have one too...

Double edged sword on occasion.

Thankfully, I live in a community of around 1600 pop. LoL... we all know each other. We tend to protect each other naturally. Anyone disrupting the "herd" generally gets ousted pretty quick

Modest grower

One perk we have down here. Both my wife & I are licensed for concealed carry.

Absolute last resort, but still nice to know we are able to defend ourselves without fear of jail.
Finally submitted my permit to purchase for my first 9mm well handgun really. I have always had shotguns and rifles but figured a handgun would be nice. I still want to do the conceal and carry but just did the permit to purchase to fast track picking it up. I bought it black friday and still haven't gotten her home yet. Smith and Wesson M&P 2.0 9mm.

Preston9mm

Member of the Month: Oct 2018 - Photo of the Month: Nov 2018 - Plant of the Month: Jan 2019 - Nug of the Month: July 2019
you got the notice too eh?
They wouldn't know what to do if they saw my gun locker... lol

My "crown jewel" is an Accuracy International AX338 that I built when I was in the service.

It's hit a target at 1.2 miles in my hands.... I think the current record with it is 2.1mi, by a Canadian Sniper.
:thumb:

Well done gangsta! That's a g ass shot....

As far as "assault rifles"
:19::19::19::19::19:

We got 19 of em from .17 HMR, up to 308...

They only assault when assaulted.

Preston9mm

Honestly, with no long gun registration I’m not really sure how they expect to police it without it just being based on an “honesty” rule.
Long gun rules are my "bread & butta". LoL
Most of mine have a 3-5 round "box magazine" so they meet nationwide laws...

Other than the long guns, my wife & I own custom skeet shotguns, and 2 pistols. Her concealed & mine...

However they want to classify guns, someone will find another way....

We hunt, sport shoot, hobby shoot, and carry a pistol everywhere. But.... also try to only spread love....

Contradictory huh? LoL

oldsmokey

Honestly, with no long gun registration I’m not really sure how they expect to police it without it just being based on an “honesty” rule.
Remember what happened last time they tried to run and gun registration that Alan Rock and the liberal started. Ended up costing billions of dollars and the crime statistics just kept going up. They were only punishing the law-abiding firearm owners. Criminals aren't buying their guns legally so they scrapped it. I've got a few ranging from 22 to 375H&H and always something handy in my home for protection. I hope I never need it but couldn't live with myself if something happened to my loved ones and I could have protected them and I didn't.

Canadadoes

We hunt, sport shoot, hobby shoot, and carry a pistol everywhere. But.... also try to only spread love....

Contradictory huh? LoL
Lol,
Maybe to blue collars. Not the average joe.

Remember what happened last time they tried to run and gun registration that Alan Rock and the liberal started. Ended up costing billions of dollars and the crime statistics just kept going up. They were only punishing the law-abiding firearm owners. Criminals aren't buying their guns legally so they scrapped it. I've got a few ranging from 22 to 375H&H and always something handy in my home for protection. I hope I never need it but couldn't live with myself if something happened to my loved ones and I could have protected them and I didn't.
I hear you on that Smokey. You are absolutely right, I’ve had this conversation many a time with friends. Citizens with PALs aren’t going out buying firearms to rob the corner store and shoot people, punishing the law abiding citizen does nothing but cause friction and animosity. Sad really.

Preston9mm

I just crack up over the "assualt" rifle lingo. I have a semi auto 30-06 but it has a wood stock so most people look at that as less "assualty"

Makes my head hurt. Stay safe, my friends:48:
I love comparing my .17HMR to a .177 bb or pellet gun. LoL

People chuckle, til they see that BB tag a soda can @ 100 yards. LoL

Preston9mm

17 Remington is a pretty cool round also
My oldest son (17) and I actually shoot "micro targets" with some small caliber rifles.

He has my old 10/22 with a fuck-ton of custom shit.
I shoot a .17 HMR now.

We generally stick to targets that are smaller than an aspirin @ around 100 yards.

My boy currently has me beat with a "fuck-boy luck shot" at 110 yards on a toothpick...

...I'm gonna hit it eventually. LoL

Cocky little fuck... wonder where he learnt that. LoL

Pennywise

Well Known Member
My favorite was a Remington 700 BDL in 220 Swift. I hand loaded for that one. Velocity settles around 3850 fps. I could load to over 4000 fps but groups really opened up after 3850. My best group was 5 shots sub minute of angle at 100 yards.

Preston9mm

My favorite was a Remington 700 BDL in 220 Swift. I hand loaded for that one. Velocity settles around 3850 fps. I could load to over 4000 fps but groups really opened up after 3850. My best group was 5 shots sub minute of angle at 100 yards.
I carried a RM 700 for about 6 years of my career. LoL

Chambered in 300 WinMag. LoL

Out of all my rifles.... that 700 is still my top pick.

The Celt

The long gun registry here in Canada was a knee-jerk reaction to a street shooting at the time, writ by fools that wouldn’t know a flintlock from a cannon to appease a public that knew even less than the idiots that wrote it.

I refused to register my rifles due to the way the law had been written and I am just one of the majority who flipped the gov’t the bird over it. They wrote it such that if I died, I couldn’t leave my Model 1893 38-55 Marlin to my boys because they were not old enough at the time to ”possess” firearms, and the gun has been in the family since the 1930s

Modest grower

The long gun registry here in Canada was a knee-jerk reaction to a street shooting at the time, writ by fools that wouldn’t know a flintlock from a cannon to appease a public that knew even less than the idiots that wrote it.

I refused to register my rifles due to the way the law had been written and I am just one of the majority who flipped the gov’t the bird over it. They wrote it such that if I died, I couldn’t leave my Model 1893 38-55 Marlin to my boys because they were not old enough at the time to ”possess” firearms, and the gun has been in the family since the 1930s
I'm a little more skeptical of the government and think they are far more intentional than incompetent, but I hear you. I'll be over here with my tinfoil hat and guns

Top Bottom