P9 Hunts For The Unicorn With Mars SP 250s

You could easily leave the driver detached for easy access, I'd just recommend stringing it up with something in case it fell.

I just take mine on & off each time. It's luterally a 2 min job, so i unscrew & screw em back in when done.

My homie @bebes de zorrillos has his driver detached all the time, just keeps it hung somewhere out of the way.

Just make sure that heavy fucker can't fall. I hit my head on the lights too often to leave loose shit sitting up there.
LoL

How hard would it be to rewire the driver with longer leads?
Not hard at all... my laziness is just making it impossible right now. LoL

But.... definitely doable!

Pretty sure Mars sells extensions for pretty cheap.

Hey @SmokeSara wanna chime in? Y'all have cords available to move the driver, correct? How long are they?

I just read somewhere where you said your up to 16 plants already! I see we share the same problem.
I just look in the mirror, every morning, and say "You got this gangsta"....

It's been working so far... lol

Pretty sure Mars sells extensions for pretty cheap.

Hey @SmokeSara wanna chime in? Y'all have cords available to move the driver, correct? How long are they?
Right now I think Canada has the extention cords available, other countries needs to ship from China. BTW , it is 2 meter long. so pretty enough for you to move the driver away. ;)

Nothing much changed since the last vid. Here's a group shot I took while tending to them this morning.
20191007_081637.jpg

Both SP250's were turned up again today. We're around 75% power right now, lights about 28" above; I'll lower again once I know they like the new intensity.

Keep em green!

:blunt:

Nothing much changed since the last vid. Here's a group shot I took while tending to them this morning.
20191007_081637.jpg

Both SP250's were turned up again today. We're around 75% power right now, lights about 28" above; I'll lower again once I know they like the new intensity.

Keep em green!

:blunt:
Looking Nice I will probably do like you and just take them on and off as I need to adjust the output. Maybe later get the extension cables I gota get the rest of what I need to start with first. I Love your set up

Right now I think Canada has the extention cords available, other countries needs to ship from China. BTW , it is 2 meter long. so pretty enough for you to move the driver away. ;)
Thanks I didn't know they had an extension cable I will have to pick some up when I have the funds

10 Water, pack/roll, wait.
20 goto 10

That was my basic programming there if you didnt catch that.

Nice to see they're happy in their new homes! And thanks for reminding me to up the power on my SP250!
SPOGOTM contest
Let me know when you're going to enter because those two are winners hands down!
I just tighten them snug each time... takes me 2-3 min per light... no biggie.
2-3 minutes except when you drop a screw...
no external dimmer.
Most Meanwell drivers come in two versions...one with the built in dimmer and one with the ability to attach a pot dimmer. As I recall from last year's light research I did, the built-in driver will enable you to run the lights at a higher max wattage than the corresponding driver wired with an external pot.

Just in case that makes a difference to anyone.

Nice to see they're happy in their new homes! And thanks for reminding me to up the power on my SP250!

Let me know when you're going to enter because those two are winners hands down!

2-3 minutes except when you drop a screw...

Most Meanwell drivers come in two versions...one with the built in dimmer and one with the ability to attach a pot dimmer. As I recall from last year's light research I did, the built-in driver will enable you to run the lights at a higher max wattage than the corresponding driver wired with an external pot.

Just in case that makes a difference to anyone.
I still have to take the driver lose and find the adjustment on the under side they say it can be adjusted with a screw driver. :surf:

Back
Top Bottom