P9 Hunts For The Unicorn With Mars SP 250s

Daily chuckle...
:laugh:

The micro ladies are still jammin'
2019-10-10-08-23-17.jpg
2019-10-10-08-24-18.jpg
2019-10-10-08-21-54.jpg
2019-10-10-08-20-33.jpg

I know you’ve got height restrictions on the new space, but I think you may have overdone it on growing short plants. Lol

So, I know some folks have chimed in with comments like, “This is why I hate autos!”, but honestly, this illustrates why I like growing autos. Yes, in this case it resulted in a stunted dwarf plant, but I like that autos are fast, and that they have a built in timer on when they bloom.

You could say that anyone can get a good harvest with a photo, given enough time. But to get a good to great harvest off of an auto requires knowing which strains to go for, dialing in the environment, dialing in the nutes, and doing physical training of the plant like LST and topping. Plus, since they grow so fast, there is almost always a show to see in the tent.

That said, I’m learning to appreciate photos as well. I find the slower growing kind of boring, but I appreciate the ability to clone successive harvests of plants, and the larger potential size of harvest due to being able to grow larger plants. If I am ever in a position to really grow a big plant, I’m going to grow a hell of a tree lol. Since I’m limited on space, the size of my plants stays about the same as for autos, and so I only get about 1-2oz off each plant, which is what I typically pull off autos.

I just did that now ... so I should get the heads-up on their Halloween specials soon ...

So far I have Northern Lights, White Widow, Gorilla Glue #4 on my MustGrow list ... and one of these should show up on their specials ...
Right now if you spend 30 euro or the US amount of that you get 3 free White Widow seeds free and another 30 gets you Alaskan Purple too I also got 3 free Super Critical Bud CBD it was a same strain special they are having on a certain breeder :surf: Sorry not meaning to hijack you post P Your plants are looking like they have a Great start, Looks like they are Loving your new space

I know you’ve got height restrictions on the new space, but I think you may have overdone it on growing short plants. Lol

So, I know some folks have chimed in with comments like, “This is why I hate autos!”, but honestly, this illustrates why I like growing autos. Yes, in this case it resulted in a stunted dwarf plant, but I like that autos are fast, and that they have a built in timer on when they bloom.

You could say that anyone can get a good harvest with a photo, given enough time. But to get a good to great harvest off of an auto requires knowing which strains to go for, dialing in the environment, dialing in the nutes, and doing physical training of the plant like LST and topping. Plus, since they grow so fast, there is almost always a show to see in the tent.

That said, I’m learning to appreciate photos as well. I find the slower growing kind of boring, but I appreciate the ability to clone successive harvests of plants, and the larger potential size of harvest due to being able to grow larger plants. If I am ever in a position to really grow a big plant, I’m going to grow a hell of a tree lol. Since I’m limited on space, the size of my plants stays about the same as for autos, and so I only get about 1-2oz off each plant, which is what I typically pull off autos.
I dont know about the comment "But to get a good to great harvest off an auto requires knowing what strain to go for". Sure, if you grow stuff enough you will learn what breeders put out a good product auto wise, but seems like you are at the mercy of getting a seed that will veg for at least 35-40 days before flowering. I see way too many starting around 20. Seems more about luck initially than anything else. No one seems to be able to figure out why one starts flowering at a runt and why others can go upwards of 60 days before popping pistils.

Not saying the other factors you listed aren't important but you can have all those things but if the auto flowers at 20 days instead of 40+, you ain't getting a good harvest, and certainly not a great harvest.
To me, in order to be great at something, you need to be able to replicate a process.....which really isn't possible with an auto due to them being on their own sheet of music.

Having said that, I don't have anything against autos.....I certainly think they have their place. Not having to deal with photo manipulation is nice sometimes. Just still not enough consistency for my liking. Perhaps when the median yields increase, and not just the high end yields......but they still have a ways to go in my mind.

Nice update P! I appreciate all the time and effort you put into your updates and videos. No matter how long you have been growing there is always something to learn or try. I have been on 420 for a year and love sharing my grow with everyone on here most of the people in my life not on here start to tune me out when I go on about my grow lol. Love being able to come on here and share my passion with other growers who feel the same way I do about growing this awsome plant.

Girls are growing great! They loved the last feed.
:thumb:

BoptangXBCP was ready for her first haircut today.

One of the Boptangs is starting to get aggressive as well.

...and, of course, the Cheese babies are happy.

I'll get some individual pictures of the rest shortly....

Blunt break
:blunt:

Girls are growing great! They loved the last feed.
:thumb:

BoptangXBCP was ready for her first haircut today.

One of the Boptangs is starting to get aggressive as well.

...and, of course, the Cheese babies are happy.

I'll get some individual pictures of the rest shortly....

Blunt break
:blunt:
Loving your grow room and the little weedlings look fresh and clean!

Back
Top Bottom