PA: Medical Marijuana Advocate Who Risked Arrest Loses Battle With Cancer

Katelyn Baker

Camp Hill, Pa. — A central Pennsylvania man who inspired thousands in his battle to legalize medical marijuana has died.

Randy Robertson was featured in two ABC27 News reports. In October, he said he chose to use medical cannabis illegally after a rare bile duct cancer spread to his lungs and liver. He was told he had less than a year to live.

At first, ABC27 hid his identity, but when legislation to legalize medical marijuana in Pennsylvania stalled in the legislature, Robertson and his family revealed his identity and he became one of the strongest voices of the cause. Both reports were shared more than 10,000 times on Facebook.

Robertson was at the state Capitol the day Gov. Tom Wolf signed legislation to legalize medical cannabis in Pennsylvania.

Six months ago, he told us how cannabis was helping him win his battle against cancer.

"I'm convinced I wouldn't be here without it," he said. "The chemotherapy was extremely difficult to get through and the cannabis really made that a lot more tolerable for me."

His wife told ABC27 that medical marijuana allowed Robertson to get off narcotics. She said it was a blessing having cannabis for treatment at the end of his life.

Robertson lived longer than his doctors expected. He was 57 years old.

medical_marijuanaad.jpg

News Moderator: Katelyn Baker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Medical Marijuana Advocate Who Risked Arrest Loses Battle With Cancer
Author: WHTM Staff
Photo Credit: None Found

Back
Top Bottom