PacificPeach's 2nd Grow: Auto Narcotic Kush, Afghan Kush & Tangie

PacificPeach

Seeds: 1 Narcotic Kush Auto, 2 Afghan Kush Auto, 1 Tangie Auto.

I'm using Perlite mixed 50/50 with organic compost.

I will use the Fox Farms Trio.

My grow tent is 2x2x5 ft and I have one 300 W LED light.

One of the Narcotic Kush popped yesterday!

Last time I used 2.5 gallon pots and the roots didn't seem to fill the pot. I would like to try to improve the root development this time. I have been looking into buying some kind of root nutrients but I'm not sure which.

re: PacificPeach's 2nd Grow - Auto Narcotic Kush - Afghan Kush & Tangie

Seeds: 1 Narcotic Kush Auto, 2 Afghan Kush Auto, 1 Tangie Auto.

I'm using Perlite mixed 50/50 with organic compost.

I will use the Fox Farms Trio.

My grow tent is 2x2x5 ft and I have one 300 W LED light.

One of the Narcotic Kush popped yesterday!

Last time I used 2.5 gallon pots and the roots didn't seem to fill the pot. I would like to try to improve the root development this time. I have been looking into buying some kind of root nutrients but I'm not sure which.
Try recharge you'll like how the microbes go to work .

47aad38c14d894b2ac6209c6d3fa6cce.jpg

Sent from my SM-G360P using 420

Try recharge you'll like how the microbes go to work .

47aad38c14d894b2ac6209c6d3fa6cce.jpg

Or . if you can't get that try
c33a17cf5e7318beb4c54a30ef04ef7b.jpg

Is also good with microbes .

My second seed germinated today - so tiny! It was a Narcotic Kush. I'm way more nervous about germinating seeds this time. The first time it was so easy - 3 seeds germinated in like 2 days. This time it took 7 days for 1 seed and 6 days for the other. The last 2 hopefully will germinate by tomorrow:)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

IMG_118238.JPG

Finally got a picture of my seedlings - the Narcotic Kush on the left looked really weak at first and I wasn't sure if it would make it. The Afghan Kush is much stronger looking right from the bat. The NK looked a little better today. So far my other 2 seeds haven't popped. Still 1 more AK & the Tangi-matic. I lost a few seeds before I started this second journal and I was really bummed out. Hopefully these
next 2 seeds will germinate soon or maybe I should give them up for dead. I will have to ask StinkySnid what the longest germinating time he's seen is.

It looks like the last 2 seeds are not going to germinate. It's been 8 days. So I put 2 more beans in yesterday. All I had left was 1 WW auto and 1 Afghan Kush auto. We shall see what happens.

I will have to ask StinkySnid what the longest germinating time he's seen is.
Lol, it's like I'm an all powerful seer of cannabis cultivation. I'm truly humbled by that post, it's my pleasure to have your queries posed and hopefully answered. Bless you PP:circle-of-love:

Germination is so so frustrating, to me it's the most emotional part of the process. Losing a seed sucks especially at 10 bucks a pop, we've a ll been there. But keep trying and don't give up.
I'll take my seat at the back while you get started, hope I can help out if needed. You're always welcome to ask away in my ask anything thread.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

The other 2 seeds germinated - so now I have 4 seedlings which is the maximum I can fit in my 2 x 2 tent. I'm excited to try topping on this grow. I'm picking up lots of tips here on 420magazine :)))

I just ordered 4 five gallon air pots. They will be here Friday. I have read that it's not good to transplant autos but I kind of got myself in a bind because I didn't have room in my tent to start the seeds in full size pots. The Narcotic Kush has 3 sets of leaves in addition to the first set.

I wasn't happy with the root development with my regular old fashioned plastic pots and the fabric pots look like they would take up too much floor space. My tent is only 2' x 2' x 56". I hope it won't be too stressful if I transplant them. I really want to top them also but I might have to wait a week after transplanting.

If it needs to be done then you've got no choice. I can't promise it will be just as if you had started in the big pots with in regards to growth. But I've transplanted several autos with no issues because of the very same reason. Just be very delicate and don't damage the roots or expose them to light. If the roots haven't poked out the bottom of the current pots yet, you will be just fine. Airpots will be a good addition to the setup... Keep up the good work and,

KIG :green_heart:cheers

I topped the Narcotic Kush today - kind of scary. I will probably do one of the Afghan Kush tomorrow. Then I will re-pot Friday when the new pots come. After that the other 2 seedlings will be topped also - probably next week because they are about a week behind the first 2. The pictures and visuals on The New Autoflower Topping Thread helped a lot!

I very gently re-potted my four seedlings today. I had read this was a no-no for autos but I didn't have room for full-sized pots to start seedlings in, so I had to start these seeds in smaller pots. I was trying to have seedlings ready to go when I harvested my last plants. I will have to think this through better for next time.

Anyways I put them into pots with 75 % Pro-mix and 25 % compost. I filled the pots most of the way and scooped out the center, then gently laid the seedlings in the centers. Then I lightly filled in the center with more of the soil mixture and lightly watered everything in. I have reported other types of seedlings (tomatoes,etc) so hopefully I was delicate enough.

I ended up not using the air pots - the delivery was delayed and I was worried that I was waiting to long to transplant these seedlings.

I also put a bowl with white vinegar and some baking soda in the tent. Not sure if the CO2 thing is really true but it's stuff I have in the house anyways.

The one seedling that I topped 2 days ago looked fine. There are 2 little tiny things that are growing on the sides where I cut the top!

I topped the first Afghan Kush on Sunday but no pics yet. Everything looked good. I thoroughly watered with a 1/2 dose of Big Bloom & Grow Big. I won't be able to get over to the tent for a few days so I wanted to be sure they were fully watered. The timer is on 20/4. I checked the run-off and the PH was yellow to yellow green using the PH up/down kit drops. I also started a little LST on the Narcotic Kush. I think these plants might be a week or so behind their schedule due to the transplanting last Friday.

I finally got over to check on my seedlings today after being away for 3 days. They all looked good. I topped the White Widow auto and did a little more LST on the Narcotic Kush & 1st Afghan Kush. I guess we have to think of names for these girls.

This is the Narcotic Kush - it germinated 1st and it's the farthest along.
IMG_131837.JPG

This is the 1st Afghan Kush - it has been topped and started LST today. Trying to show 2 different angles:
IMG_130832.JPG
IMG_130741.JPG

I just wanted to thank everyone here on 420. I have learned so much since I joined. It is super helpful to see everyone's different styles of growing, topping, LST, etc. I'm hoping that all of this learning will make my 2nd grow more productive & successful. My first grow was about 3 oz total and we are happy with that. It would be amazing to get an even higher harvest this time. It's hard to be patient sometimes but I have to keep reminding myself that everything takes time.

Back
Top Bottom