PacificPeach's First Grow: White Widow Auto & AK-47 Auto, 2016!

It may be too early to tell, but so far I am not noticing any dramatic changes to my buds since I took the leaves off 5 days ago. Yesterday I flushed all 4 plants with plain tap water and the PH of the run-off was perfect. I haven't flushed them at all and we are now about 8 weeks in. I have been really cautious about over-watering them because I don't want to cause any problems with mold, etc. but I was worried about the PH. As I mentioned before, I have a soil probe that measures PH but I don't think it's very accurate, so I had really wanted to check the PH of the run-off.

The WW plants are much farther along than the AKs for some reason. The WWs look like they will be ready in about 2 weeks but the AK plants probably have about 4 weeks to go. Here some new pictures of my 4 plants:
IMG_085747.JPG
IMG_085542.JPG
IMG_085440.JPG
IMG_085338.JPG

I haven't watered my plants again since I flushed them several days ago. When I checked them yesterday they were pretty wet so I let them go. I've only been checking them every 48 hours or so. They're on a timer for the lights and I keep the fan on 24/7. I have to say it's kind of amazing that these plants are doing pretty well with fairly minimal care. If I see they are getting more dry, I can get to the tent to check them every 24 hours. I actually really miss them and I try to get there every day if I can. Will post pictures tomorrow of how they look 8 days after I stripped them of leaves. Today I made cannabutter with the leaves! I'm going to try to make banana bread with it tomorrow :))

These are my 2 AK-47 autos. One is 62 days from seed, the other is about 55 days from seed. They seem to be on a slower track that the WW plants. These AKs seem to have grown a bunch of new leaves since I stripped them, whereas the WW plants don't seem to have grown new leaves. It's all a big experiment, I guess.

IMG_098843.JPG
IMG_098739.JPG

I had saved all of the fan leaves that I pulled off a week ago and yesterday I made cannabutter with them. It was just another experiment, because there probably wasnt much THC in the leaves.

I haven't used it for a recipe yet but I'm planning to use it to make banana bread. The only thing is that the banana bread - or whatever else I make - will be green. I will post a picture of the butter later. I ended up with about 1 stick.

We haven't had time to imbibe the brownies during the day because of work, but last night before bed, my boyfriend ate 2 and I had 1. They tasted pretty yummy. We both slept really great - when you are 50 that's kind of important. I don't know if we can really attribute this to the brownies, since we smoked 2 bowls before bed also. We might try them again today since we are going to be snowed in for the weekend :))

We just went over and checked on the plants. The roads are pretty icy.

We figure about 1 more week before harvesting the White Widows. The hairs are getting more orangey. None of the leaves look the least bit faded. They look like beautiful healthy leaves. The next time I go I check the trichomes. I had checked them about a week ago and they were almost 99% clear.

The AK's are much farther behind. It looks like the bigger AK has at least 3 weeks to go and the smaller AK has about 4 weeks to go. So it is kind of interesting to see that some varieties take longer.

I'm going to try to germinate 2 new seeds next week so they are ready when we pull the WWs. Not sure yet which seeds to use...

These are my 2 White Widow Autos about 62 days from seed. The buds are getting bigger - this is my first time so I don't know if there was any benefit or not from stripping the leaves on 12/23:

IMG_098939.JPG
IMG_098636.JPG

Were these topped? Lst?
At what age did you do this if you don't mind
-Saint

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Did you top the auto white widow? Do you have a photo of it now

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I didn't top the WW but I think I should have because it started growing like crazy at like 4 weeks. It reached the top of my tent so I ended up gently bending the main branch sideways and I tied it down with twine. I will post a picture.

Back
Top Bottom