Pain and MMj Q

Drumbum420

I have been a MMJ patient for my back and leg pain (disable due to it for 12 years) for almost 7 years now. Ive always grown my own, providing it to others in need and trading for other varieties at the Seattle coop. My issue or question is something I never ever thought id ever ask but ive not been high in years. It seems now that after useing MMJ so much (typically 1/2-1OZ per day smoking vaping and eating ) for so long I dont seem to get the same effect as I used to. In fact I cant seem to smoke/vap enough of it to help anymore. Ive found that if I turn my buds into extract and put it in gelcaps I canget enough to help but ive never had an issue with tolerance to pot. IS this a common thing? Are there workarounds others have found? Or is it just me? Thanks

Re: Pian and MMj Q

Hello,
I am also taking this for pain, I also have a contract for pain meds and i keep my dose of dolophine down to the lowest level by taking cannabis. I know what you are talking about and it has to do with something else. I have 43 years behind me and this is a recent phenomena I have noticed the last few years with these new genetically engineered strains of weed. Take away the expansion and the harshness, Let's make it like a fine wine??? If you smoke something really strong you can still get off I bet. If you smoke something mediocre then no matter what amount you will reach a level and go no higher. The trouble is actually in your lungs and the way they absorb the medicine now. Only the first few hits at any one sitting are getting absorbed and the rest is sloughing off as tars and residue out the boittom of your lung drain. If you don't smoke for several weeks, and enough receptors are exposed you'll notice that you can get higher. If your friends can smoke it and don't sound like they have T.B. then it is probably not going to work for you very well.

hey drumbum
i have found that my patients get the most reliefe from pain by eating canna vs smoking it, I have one patient that only eat it and I have found a good canna butter can really work wonders for pain.
canna butter

2 lbs salted butter
1/2 gallon h20
1 oz prime quality herb
put it all in a pressure cooker or a big pot
let the water simmer for 20-30 minutes
strain the solids and wring out the leftovers to get every last drop out.
freeze the batch and remover the solidified butter
now use as you would any other oil or butter.
i love it sauted with vegis or made into rice crispy treats ,brownies,muffins etc.
give it a try and see.
good luck mang
jerome

yes, that's why they are doing better eating it. I once made cookies that were too strong and i couldn't eat them because I would need three days to recuperate from just one. Whatever works for someone is what they need to do, I am just glad to have the option. All I know is what I've been exposed to over the last four decades and having a doctor for a kid. Neither of my children who are both adults take weed at all. They are merely tolerant of it. I do not force my values on anybody. I gave them all the info I could and let them make their own choices. There is difference between respect and fear although from the outside they may both look the same. As adults we should be able to choose if we wish to smoke weed or not. Why are the police even involved in this at all? This is not freedom of choice and the pursuit of happiness is it? My great great great great grandfather signed the declaration of independence, I am a direct descendant, maybe we should pull it out again and take a look at it.

i grew my own meds for a while and it just didn't cut it i would have to be ripped all day and not function vs taking a pill and be abler to do shit all day. it does work for me however for other things that i dont need to take a pill for now. maybe you could try going off it for long enough to see if you go back to that point.

Just a quick note. Working as an aerospace engineer my higher math ability was more inhibited by pain pills even something like vicoden then by smoking weed. Maybe that was just my reaction to it as everyone is different and their body processes things differently. I knew college professors who would smoke a joint to relax before giving a lecture and I knew other people who would of gotten lost and forgot what they came for. If a pill works better then that what needs to be taken for that person.

:cool:As per my original post I stated that I vaped, smoked AND ate it but didnt give further info. I recently picked up 5 diff med grade strains and reduced them all (individually) to hash oil. The hash oil was then put into 1/4 tsp gelcaps (horse pills heh) Then I proceded to take 4 of these for each strain (at diff times of course) to see which strain was better for my issues over a period of several days (1 day 1 variety etc). It dioesnt matter how much I eat vap or smoke. It was about 3 or 4 years ago that it happened. One night I was getting ripped as usual and went to bed. Got up next morning and wake an abke as usual but it was as if someone had fliped a switch. I still got most of the benifit for the medical useage but the high was no longer there. I know its tolerance and many have sugested to take a break but unfortunatly thats not possible as it is what keeps me alive. What I found to be strange (not the part about no longer getting high) was how QUICKLY it happened....litteraly like a light switch. Back in my youth (high school pun intendted) I was a stoner and got stoned most every day usually several times a day and I would build tolerance then as well but nothing like this so im assuming that at a certain level of usage my system is just oversaturated with canibinoid compunds and no longert registers the "high". Reason I posted was to see if any else had noticed such a rapid change in tollerance?

Hello,
I like you, have been around a few years. I grad. from h.s. in 1966 and was smoking from that summer on. Even in basic training in the army people sent me care packages along with cookies and snacks. I've only gone a few weeks at any one time over the last 43 years where i was not self medicating for my back and for other obvious reasons. I have had periods where it seemed that i had your problem and since i was a science major in college I over analyze everything and I could explain it to you but not on this forum because it would take too long. There is actually a very simple remedy that worked like a miracle for me. I'll talk later.

hello,
This person out in the boonies who lives on a farm has a place that he can do this. He had a farm accident and he does it for his pain. He will do this for me and it is twice what can be had in the dispensaries strength wise. This strain has more leaves per branch then the other stuff. seven is common and nine later. I have the authorization but it is too much to do living in the city. I wonder why this strain is so much stronger then the stuff like train wreck and skunk weed?

very true but he may be indicating that this particular strain has more leaves than most other plants but im guessing here

Yes, that is true, but this strain looks different also I am 60 I have been to other countries. I grew up in chicago and lived on the west coast for over 30 years. I know weed like a phd. I saw this strain over twenty years ago and I thought it was lost. This weed is almost too expansive and hard to smoke. It is hard to hold down, some people crossbred to make it milder. I like HOT jalapenos some people like them mild. I could actually care less if anyone believes me or not. It really doesn't matter. when the time comes I and my friend will help out my fellow pain sufferers at the dispensary. I'm just judging by what I know from smoking the last 43 years everyday so I am sure that you know a lot more then I do. It's funny how people immediately look for reasons to disqualify rather then to take any credence in what is said. I have a lot of respect for my brothers and sisters in oregon and this is where this strain came back to us from. This is the best strain i have ever seen come from N. Cal. or from Oregon and whoever developed it I take my hat off for him or her. I have been told that this is the original fed. Ind strain but that is probably just a story. I know that this is a lot stronger then what they have at the legal dispensary or is being sold on the street. I am making a observation not a imagination. The person has several strains and this one is just a freak. this gives me the high I got thirty years ago from 200 an oz weed. why I don't know, do I care if anyone believes me? No I don't, I just thought I'd mention it. I'm not the one growing it. It's not going to hurt me any if I get to smoke great weed and no one believes me. No surplus will go on the street at all. Only the dispensary will receive any surplus as I want other patients to derive the benefits from a really good strong indica like this. I am against diversion of medical grade cannabis to none patients. I am not being selfish but realistic. They will shut this program down if it gets out of hand. Our laws are only public opinion. Cannabis saved my life for real, all my friends who drank are dead. Not to change the subject or anything but right now Wa. is having a blizzard. I can't believe what i am seeing out the window right now. This is the kind of snow that gives you 6 inches in a half hour.

O.K. Have a great Day! It's great to look at the pictures. That gives everyone something to shoot for. Hello to my friends in California, Chicago and in Seattle and Portland. Time has gone by too fast hasn't it?

Hoppie, what is the strain that was brought back? What might we have known it as back in the day? :peace:

It may be something called Blue dot. Someone fron N. Cal. said that's what it looked like to him. It looked to me like the old Afgan hash plant that was popular in the 80's. Anyway it seems to be good for pain. I have never heard of blue dot what is it? I kept a low profile for twenty years to raise my kids so I have not kept up with all the new strains. I was not accusing anyone of not believing me I was merely stating that it didn't make any difference really as it's not worth arguing over. I think it would be better to argue the point of whether it's better to veg for two months first or do like some are doing with the carpet of green philosophy of budding right away? What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom