Pain by Anonymous

Julie Gardener

Pain by Anonymous​

I am a 37 year old male who lives in Ontario Canada and have pretty much had my head buried in the sand most of these years. Like a lot of people I tried marijuana for fun as a teenager but that was it. It was only recently that I started smoking cannabis for pain. A few years ago I was involved in a accident and injured my back. Over the years the pain in my back continued to get worse and worse, until about four years ago I was placed on a provincial disability for chronic back pain. Over the years I have been placed on various types of medications....some that worked and many others that did little more then make me very sick.

On one occasion when I was out of my doctor's pills and was in extreme pain, a very good friend convinced me to smoke a cannabis joint with him to help the pain. After mulling it over for a while, the pain finally got the better of me and I agreed. Well, things have never been the same since. While it does not take away all my pain 100%, it reduces it enough to make it manageable and is a whole lot better then some of those pills I have taken over these years. Most of the time the pain is so bad that I seldom leave the house, but when I smoke a joint I not only get out of the house for short walks but can do a lot more stuff around home. Another thing my pain can do is cause me to become very short-tempered with pretty much everyone and everything, but after smoking a joint my whole attitude changes and I once again become pleasant to be around. Hip Hip Hooray to marijuana! Now it is my hope and prayer to see it become legal here in Canada as well as the rest of the world! :)

Source: Comments and Observations

Back
Top Bottom