Pain cream using only 2 grams made many times

Give it a try Stunger. It’ll work at these ratios, and more bud to oil only potentiates it. Many of us use a ratio of one gram of bud to an ounce of oil. It makes a more potent oil.

Grape seed oil will absorb better than coconut, and if you have pumpkin seed oil, a 50/50 mix of grape seed and pumpkin seed seems to be a near perfect fast oil base. If you add a tablespoon of liquid sunflower lecithin (might be hard to come by in NZ) it helps make a smoother topical oil.

Lecithin and cannabis oils are always a good matchup. :battingeyelashes:

I’ve tested this recipe for decarb levels, and it only gets about half the THCA converted, IMO. It took over an hour in a hot oil bath to stop bubbling and get complete decarb. Just so you know that. If total decarb is a need you might want to finish that with a hot oil bath before using the oil for treatment. Like I said, it’ll do the job as described above, so don’t hesitate to simply follow his instructions.

Cannabis is good medicine. This salve demonstrates how versatile it can be. :green_heart:

This thread kinda inspired Magnus8 to start his study hall on topicals. You’ll find that here.

Give it a try Stunger. It’ll work at these ratios, and more bud to oil only potentiates it. Many of us use a ratio of one gram of bud to an ounce of oil. It makes a more potent oil.

Grape seed oil will absorb better than coconut, and if you have pumpkin seed oil, a 50/50 mix of grape seed and pumpkin seed seems to be a near perfect fast oil base. If you add a tablespoon of liquid sunflower lecithin (might be hard to come by in NZ) it helps make a smoother topical oil.

Lecithin and cannabis oils are always a good matchup. :battingeyelashes:

I’ve tested this recipe for decarb levels, and it only gets about half the THCA converted, IMO. It took over an hour in a hot oil bath to stop bubbling and get complete decarb. Just so you know that. If total decarb is a need you might want to finish that with a hot oil bath before using the oil for treatment. Like I said, it’ll do the job as described above, so don’t hesitate to simply follow his instructions.

Cannabis is good medicine. This salve demonstrates how versatile it can be. :green_heart:

This thread kinda inspired Magnus8 to start his study hall on topicals. You’ll find that here.
Thanks SweetSue, Yes I'd read previously from an informed poster who suggested pumpkin seed oil was very good too, something about absorbing through the skin really well. Lecithin sounds a necessary ingredient too, I recall adding lecithin to a home made muesli mixture when I was a kid, but I can't remember off hand what it was for.

When it comes to edibles or salves, I just don't think I'm going to have a lot to play with when I harvest any day soon, as I'm sharing some of my grow with a mate whose own crop came a cropper. A couple of months ago I bought an Ardent Lift Decarboxylator, I bought it after coming across compelling mention of it online and followed it further to come to the conclusion that most home decarbing (using oven or pot) fails to get a complete decarboxylation whereas apparently tests show that the Ardent does. I even saw on one clip where the guy was saying that decarbing before vaping he felt gave an improved effect. So far I have only used it to decarb a male plant that I used to get pollen from and just did it to try and see, it still gave a pleasant, not to be thrown away, nice buzz. At the time I'd run out of female bud and just wanted to try the Ardent and perhaps give the male weed it's best shot by decarbing it first. But anyway, one thing that attracted me in this thread was the initial mention of using just 2 grams, which sounds a great little small trial amount to test it out! The Ardent only decarbs modest quantities at a time so that should suit fine.

p.s. I am also tempting by your fascinating trialling of 'cob curing', but the ideal of using 1.5oz is going to commit probably a bit too much of my current crop.

Thanks SweetSue, Yes I'd read previously from an informed poster who suggested pumpkin seed oil was very good too, something about absorbing through the skin really well. Lecithin sounds a necessary ingredient too, I recall adding lecithin to a home made muesli mixture when I was a kid, but I can't remember off hand what it was for.

When it comes to edibles or salves, I just don't think I'm going to have a lot to play with when I harvest any day soon, as I'm sharing some of my grow with a mate whose own crop came a cropper. A couple of months ago I bought an Ardent Lift Decarboxylator, I bought it after coming across compelling mention of it online and followed it further to come to the conclusion that most home decarbing (using oven or pot) fails to get a complete decarboxylation whereas apparently tests show that the Ardent does. I even saw on one clip where the guy was saying that decarbing before vaping he felt gave an improved effect. So far I have only used it to decarb a male plant that I used to get pollen from and just did it to try and see, it still gave a pleasant, not to be thrown away, nice buzz. At the time I'd run out of female bud and just wanted to try the Ardent and perhaps give the male weed it's best shot by decarbing it first. But anyway, one thing that attracted me in this thread was the initial mention of using just 2 grams, which sounds a great little small trial amount to test it out! The Ardent only decarbs modest quantities at a time so that should suit fine.

p.s. I am also tempting by your fascinating trialling of 'cob curing', but the ideal of using 1.5oz is going to commit probably a bit too much of my current crop.

I can certainly appreciate helping a friend. You can cob a smaller amount, although I’d hesitate to do less than a half ounce. Even fermented buds will extend the harvest. Cobbing is one of those things, like edibles, that one has to get past the resistance of “It takes too much!” before it’ll work for you.

Cobs smoke smoother, and whereas a wet ounce dried will yield you between 1/5 to 1/4 the starting volume, you’ll end up with closer to 1/3 to 1/2 return with a cob. They store forever and keep increasing in potency as they sit. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Someday I’ll own an Ardent Lift. They’re too convenient to pass up. I’m visiting DrDoob at the moment and he has one. Damn sweet machine. I haven’t checked the decarb with a hot oil bath yet, but I know it works well enough for me.

And I can back up the contention that you’ll get higher wih decarbed buds. It’s all about timing. I theorize that when it’s decarbed it hits harder because there’s a higher percentage of THC hitting the brain. I may be wrong about that, but I can say from my own experience that it holds true consistently.

Ask me why I don’t decarb all my buds.

I don’t own one of those convenient machines Ardent markets. Yet. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom