Ok - a few minutes break then it's time to run off feed and water the plants. Thanks again for the wonderful replies I really appreciate them.
WG can you tell me more about how you treat your pain with cannabis, and what sorts of strains you use?

Just as in this thread, I've read a variety of opinions on cannabis pain relief. Everything from people saying they get instant relief, to people saying that they've had no success with it at all. Strange that it would be so varied. But maybe not so strange when you consider all the different reactions people have to it, in the pursuit of getting high.
Yes VI I've heard of tacking, but haven't read about it enough to really understand it, or to hear any success stories. Again I've heard some people saying it just doesn't work. I'll do some more reading.
My girlfriend makes skin creams and salves sometimes for a hobby and I'll be exploring the whole topical treatment thing more when the likely plants are ready for harvest.
Obviously I won't know till I try everything out. It's great to hear the stories though- especially that there are some positive experiences, which gives me some hope in the matter and something to work with.
Nearly every seedbank out there now sells high cbd strains. And lots of people are growing them. But the end result of those seeds seems very vague, to me anyway.
Still, why would so many people breed, sell, and grow these plants if they didn't do something?
Ok back to work. :thanks:
I have grown Afghani CBD, Mango, OG Kush, white widow and I have now just entered week 2 of flowering for Purple Bud. I like Indica's better because they give me more of a body stone rather than confuse my brain. Like I said I don't use it to get high, only to help relief the pain I go through. Strains with high CBD levels help with pain relief, anti-inflammatory, bone strengthening, nauseas, etc. Then again it varies with each individual, you never now if it'll succeed or fail, it's up to you to give it a go or pass. Before I started I just thought of it as a drug, but once I started studying it and getting more into it (and eventually tried it) I realized that it was more than that. Every day before going to bed I just take a bong hit and after a couple of minutes the pain just goes away. It allows me to have a good and relaxed night of sleep. After I wake up I take less then a tabblespoon of CBD oil, get breakfast and go to work. During the day I barely feel my back hurting. With the medicinal benefits that have been recently discovered show that this is indeed the richest plant on Earth and the future sure looks promissing. I love my girls, it's just sad that the country where I live in doesn't allow the use of it, neither planting it. I am taking my own risks doing so, but it is my medicine. After what so many studies have shown, who are they (you know who, just don't want to get political in here, my apologies) to tell you that you can or cannot grow such a wonderful plant. I hope you got my pov and that I answered your question :) let me know if you need anything else, stay safe

Can't say I've had much experience treating pain with cannabis. I have my own aches and pains - back problems, neck problems, etc. I would say that treating with cannabis has helped reduce the pain to a degree, but I feel like it's also made me more aware of the pain rather than just blocking it out. I guess it's just made it more nagging than anything. But I knew someone with Multiple Sclerosis a while back and she was a huge advocate for cannabis pain relief. I wonder if it just affects people differently. Sorry I can't offer much for advice on the matter, but I wanted to take a moment to offer up my sympathy. Dealing with pain sucks, and the longer it lasts the more and more aggravating it becomes. So I feel ya. Anyways, you've been so kind to post on my threads and offer advice and whatnot in the past. I don't post all that often, but it felt only right to offer up a response and my sympathy. Best of luck going forward. I hope it gets better for you!

CBD crew nordle from my research..

Alright - got the girls tucked away for the night and I even have time to catch up on two or three threads and even make dinner. :thumb:

Grizz, one of the few straightforward 'yes I had instant relief!' type positive comments that I read in the past was re Nordle. (By the way- if you ever read Howard Marks' bio called Mr Nice you'll know where the name Nordle comes from). Thanks I'll put that on the list.
It's CBD Crew's CBD Therapy that I've got near harvest time now-I may sprout another seed of it soon.

WG - Thanks for all the great info. I really don't like the indica high and don't find it very relaxing generally- but I'm certainly willing to give it a try- plus, really there are so many different options around how you grow the plant and how you use it- that I can see myself wriggling into some combination that works.
You're English is perfect by the way*- and anytime you want to complain about government policies just drop by my journal it's a regular occurrence especially lately. :rofl:

* Edit- oops I spelled 'your' wrong. Screw it I'm leaving it. ;)

Dawook you sound a bit like me when I smoke indicas- I get kind of paranoid and obsess about stuff sometimes (usually/always) so it's not a relaxing experience at all, and I'm capable of blowing silly or completely imaginary things totally out of proportion and worrying a lot for no reason. So yeah- indica may just magnify the problem if I don't do it right. But I'm willing to revisit it all and find a new angle.
Sativas in general don't bring me any of that feeling of looking over my shoulder- they just make me feel happy for the most part.
No need to feel sympathy I'm not in such bad shape- just trying to find ways to deal with it before it gets worse. Many people are dealing with real pain- it's part of getting older I think (I'm not 100% sure- having only gotten older this one time as far as I know). JPinkman's post had me grinding my teeth and I sure feel a lot of sympathy there. Wow.
Thanks though!

I don't know if your read me mentioning auto breeding. For making some nordle
(I know you know what I'm talking about).... I'm looking out for you mate and will pass on whatever I find..

Thanks man. I did read that yesterday though I haven't learned why you're doing that yet. Things have been pretty frantic here - been really busy here with long days. 420 always comes at the expense of getting much sleep but that's ok, the middle of the night is my quality time.

I checked my CBD Therapy plant today and see about 30% amber, at least on the particular bud I chopped anyway, which was at the top of the plant. I've been quick drying it up above the woodstove and I chopped up some of the partly dried stuff up as small as I could and vaped it. And unlike the earlier times I've tried this bud, I really feel like I got something out of it this time. I feel a relaxing glow, like I want to sit in this chair and close my eyes. The constant pain in my spine seems to be way diminished. Now, I have also been smoking Thai, Malawi, Peyote Purple, and Panama at various different times today, :laughtwo: but it wasn't till I vaped this stuff that I felt this really nice sense of well being come over me.

I'll obviously have to keep revisiting this to decide whether I'm not just stoned and imaging things- but if it actually works- then wow!

Call me a simple man but I'd have thought stoned and imagining things is alright if it eases the pain.. isn't that the idea? Not to cure but to ease?

Please let us know your feedback on the CBD plant. I follow your grows like a sponge sucking up vital knowledge. The following is an absolute compliment... your grow area transitions (at least in the year plus I've followed) from a rainbow to a near miss train wreck. I thank you for that. You are very skilled but have a "nonchalant " approach which (That I strongly admire) leads to adventure. I said that to say this... your feedback on cannabis consumption i take as "fact". I'm dying to hear your thoughts on high CbD strains.

Back on topic..
I've witnessed extreme relief on topicals for arthritis type pain. My father has terrible ankles, back, and wrists. It's all arthritis causing his pains (outside of being 70). Eating and topical remove it completely. He's able to deal with chronic and acute pain rather well. He's been fighting this for 10 years including Cortizone shots, grinding/surgery, and opioids. He truly hasn't experienced relief until cannabis.

My mother has muscle and headache type pain. Cannabis doesn't touch it. Edibles help some. It's more along the lines of "too stoned to care". Again, neither find much relief in the sativas. They love them and make for awesome bonding in the garage. But do little for pain.

Of course every person is different and affected different ways. Same with pain... cannabis has excellent anti inflammatory properties. It not only reduces pain but prevents further damage as well. I can't say from experience what does/doesn't work for other types of pain. Observation tells me... edibles, CBD, Indicas, and Sativas (for that "my mind feels great so my body cares less it's fucked" type of heal") is the pain mgmt approach.

Hope you feel better!

...stoned and imagining things is alright if it eases the pain.

:laughtwo: yes totally Griz. But this seems different- feels like a physical relief. And before I vaped it I definitely was in pain today. I've been pretty crippled and sore most of the time for years and especially the last couple months, except when I get into the poppies -which is something I really try to pace myself with. I don't know- time will tell. I do feel a lot more 'languid' than probably I would want to feel most of the time- so maybe oil or another method would be better- but I'm hoping this means that there's something actually happening here.
But yeah- as long as I imagine less pain every time I use it, then it works -right?

Sounds great man.. might have to get some off auction..are we the generation of degenerative disc disease?

Why, thanks for the compliments- y'all make a man blush, Mr Spitz. Personally I don't trust my 'facts' as much as I used to when I was younger- but I also seem to care less about 'facts' too. So whatever eases the pain you know... I'm glad to read that bit of positive news about your dad. Sounds like you've got some cool parents.
I'll definitely follow this one into the ground - which will take years no doubt :laughtwo:. I'm always reluctant to open up another can of worms to add to the number of tangents I'm already on in life- but not much choice in this one. Yeh I'll definitely update anything I figure out.

Sounds great man.. might have to get some off auction..are we the generation of degenerative disc disease?

Yeah an old friend of mine once asked me if I ever felt like one of those old German Shepards. At the time I didn't know what he meant but now I do...:rofl:

I find myself wondering if the delivery method might make a ton of difference. I wonder if some sort of Canna/DMSO mix might be especially effective in treating muscles, bones, and joints directly.
Just wondering... absolutely no experience in the area.

If anyone has figured out how to keep DMSO combined in a topical cannabis mixture I'd sure be interested in the recipe, mine always separated out.

If anyone has figured out how to keep DMSO combined in a topical cannabis mixture I'd sure be interested in the recipe, mine always separated out.

I think they use lecitin (sp?) to keep that from happening in oil mixtures.... hang on... lemme go peek.....

lecithin.... spelled it wrong, but yes. It keeps the mix 'mixed'.

Be sure to let us know how well it works!

Gotta give a nod to some words.... not contributing content....

but have a "nonchalant " approach which (That I strongly admire) leads to adventure.

"Adeventure"... yes..... that's a fun way to go with that!

also been smoking Thai, Malawi, Peyote Purple, and Panama at various different times today

Damn growers! Got their damn fingers on everything and fear nothing.

I think they use lecitin (sp?) to keep that from happening in oil mixtures.... hang on... lemme go peek.....

lecithin.... spelled it wrong, but yes. It keeps the mix 'mixed'.

Be sure to let us know how well it works!

One more question and I'm sorry weaselcracker, I don't want to hijack your thread but I've been looking for this info for a long time.... Tead, do you have a ratio for the DMSO? I have added lecithin but ovbviously not in the right proportion.

One more question and I'm sorry weaselcracker, I don't want to hijack your thread but I've been looking for this info for a long time.... Tead, do you have a ratio for the DMSO? I have added lecithin but ovbviously not in the right proportion.

No.... no real data... sorry. I wonder if SweetSue has any input here? I'll tickle her.

No I don't either Curly. The first time I heard of DMSO was from a comment by ElectroGypsy on my journal recently. I had to google it.

And this is absolutely not my thread to be hijacked.

So please post whatever thoughts, info, experiences, or ideas you like. It's just meant for all public discussion of the subject in the title. I'd be overjoyed if the the conversation keeps going, with or without me, and maybe helps someone. Cannabis pain treatment has been a real mystery for me so far and I'm probably not the only one.
When you are in pain, or someone you care about is in pain- the subject hits close to home and becomes very important.

As far as I know Curly, Dave Groomer is the only one among us who tried DMSO, and I believe he discontinued that. Send him a PM. He'll be sure to get back to you.

We use lecithin to emulsify and encapsulate the cannabinoids and carrier oil. I don't think it has any effect on DMSO. But I really have no idea. Our concern was that it's an indiscriminate transporter, and we like to have more control over the cannabinoids than we felt it offered. If you play with it and have success, would you please share that with us in the Study Hall?

Back
Top Bottom