The linollol and B-caryophyllene is a sativa mix. .
- Weaselcracker, look for a combination of b-caryophyllene and limonene in the terp mix.

Sue im digging around through my stash and flowering room to see what's best.

I'm not sure if one of those is a typo. Linollol, or limenene?

And what do you think constitutes a high level of a terpene? Most of them on the tests seem to fall under 'less than .01%'.

Hello buddy!

Im sorry to hear that your in this distressing position, i think we are all in something similar along the lines but heres what i would suggest as a try it out and see for yourself.

So iv grown many different strains as i suffer with neuralgia in my face not only that but i have suffered with toothache for a numbed of years and im only just getting sorted out now, now neuralgia is a horrible facial pain, now i know that you stated you dont like indica strains but i have found northern lights works amazing for pain and its not like any other indica in my opinion, the high is not a mega high its just a comfortable high, it helps me in so many ways as well as my back and legs, basically my whole body, if you get a nice 80/20 cloudy/clear with the odd amber in there it works wonders buddy!

If anyone ever has toothache Royal Queen Seeds do a strain called Bubblegum XL that works a treat.

I hope this helps you out or broadens your mind to a indica strain that may help buddy!

Stay strong!

Sue im digging around through my stash and flowering room to see what's best.

I'm not sure if one of those is a typo. Linollol, or limenene?

And what do you think constitutes a high level of a terpene? Most of them on the tests seem to fall under 'less than .01%'.

It was a typo. You want limonene for an energizing pain med, Myrcene for a relaxing pain med, b-caryophyllene for both.

With creams, linalool and b-caryophyllene will help the cannabinoids get through the skin more efficiently.

Terpenes typically come in at less than 0.2%, to my understanding. Anything higher is a good thing. For instance, Carnival tested 0.4% for terpinoline, and the next highest value was b-ocimene and b-caryophyllene, both at 0.2%. The rest were 0.1% or lower

It only takes a teeny bit of terpenes to make a dramatic difference in effect.

I remember going to a corner store once in the grip of extreme munchies and the snot nosed kid at the counter asked in a sneering tone 'And would you like some bandaids for your eyes as well, sir??' I have to admit that's pretty funny shit, but at the time I was way too paranoid to enjoy the humour! :rofl::rofl:
Just give me the food, and my change, ya little shithead....

Great story. Thanks for sharing. :goodjob:

Ian

Hello buddy!

Im sorry to hear that your in this distressing position, i think we are all in something similar along the lines but heres what i would suggest as a try it out and see for yourself.

So iv grown many different strains as i suffer with neuralgia in my face not only that but i have suffered with toothache for a numbed of years and im only just getting sorted out now, now neuralgia is a horrible facial pain, now i know that you stated you dont like indica strains but i have found northern lights works amazing for pain and its not like any other indica in my opinion, the high is not a mega high its just a comfortable high, it helps me in so many ways as well as my back and legs, basically my whole body, if you get a nice 80/20 cloudy/clear with the odd amber in there it works wonders buddy!

If anyone ever has toothache Royal Queen Seeds do a strain called Bubblegum XL that works a treat.

I hope this helps you out or broadens your mind to a indica strain that may help buddy!

Stay strong!

Ok, I tried to resist asking, but that's a futile road to travel......are you medicating in any way other than smoking HTH, and if so, may I ask for particulars?

Neuralgia is a new one for me and I'm interested in effective pain regimens in the real world.

There are those of us who really can't tolerate indicas, in the same way others can't tolerate sativas. With my daughter, although she enjoys a sativa high, the terpene mixes mess with her psyche and she becomes suicidal.

With me it's the same with indicas. I enjoy them, they're effective for what I use them for, but after a few days I'm exhibiting behavior not in keeping with my normal personality - crying over the simplest things, binge-eating, impatience, depression. The same things Weaselcracker faces when he dabbles in indica meds.

I can almost say that i am the same with indica dominant strains, although with northern lights its a whole suttle strain for me, its not a strong knock you out your not moving for the next 5 hours type of strain, i suppose if you left it to grow until mostly amber trichomes that would be the case.

I smoke it but also vape it, but recently iv started to make oil as well with it, making gummies for during the day when i dont really feel the need or want to smoke, i dont medicate in any other way apart from when i take tolerance breaks i take the odd tablet to help with pain but mostly i use northern lights, iv found its the only strain to work for me and iv tried a fair few where they just get you in a un relaxed high and still leave you with the shaddow of pain.

Im on germinating 4 more, i tend to cut at 8 weeks but if i want a late heavy knock out sleep i go for 9 so i usually leave the odd plant in, great strain buddy and its kind to your body which is the best benefactor.

Thanks guys. HTH I do have some NL seeds in the freezer that are 15 years old. I keep meaning to try and see if I can sprout some one of these days.

Weasel, After reading about other peoples's experiences with Indicas, I'm coming to the conclusion that my suggestions were wrong. If you don't do Indicas well, then your constitution is speaking!! I don't do Sativas well: my constitution doesn't handle them. What you feel when you smoke an Indica is similar to what I feel with Sativas, so I think the fundamental principle is to listen to your own constitution. And what I feel when I use Indica is all calm and centered (unless of course I'm in the wrong situation!)

Perhaps the perfect Indica is waiting for you out there; or maybe the Ind. you smoke needs to be harvested at a different time; there are so many factors at play. Or maybe the perfect Sat-dominant hybrid... I continue to experiment with new strains so I can learn about the differences and find the ones that totally win my heart (and my constitution). There are certainly no easy answers.

I continue to experiment with new strains so I can learn about the differences and find the ones that totally win my heart (and my constitution). There are certainly no easy answers.

I think you are describing all of us & the conclusion that we have all reached. My 'gold' strain is Pink Kush. But it took a lot of experimentation to get there. Indica/Sativa/Hybrid. High/low THC. High/low CBD. Smoking. Vaping. Oral drops. It's a journey.

And on the subject of terpenes, I tried Indica dominant & Sativa dominant strains that had lab-reported near-identical terpene profiles. Pink Kush & Sour OG. The PK had a higher % of all by volume from what I can tell from the info supplied.

Here is the graph:

full

For my specific condition, the Sativa (Sour OG) was a 30 minute fun high but useless for my back/leg issue. The Pink Kush - from different suppliers & different batches - consistently provided instant long-lasting (for me) relief. I don't know what this really tells us but I thought it was an interesting data point.

Ian

I think you are describing all of us & the conclusion that we have all reached. My 'gold' strain is Pink Kush. But it took a lot of experimentation to get there. Indica/Sativa/Hybrid. High/low THC. High/low CBD. Smoking. Vaping. Oral drops. It's a journey.

And on the subject of terpenes, I tried Indica dominant & Sativa dominant strains that had lab-reported near-identical terpene profiles. Pink Kush & Sour OG. The PK had a higher % of all by volume from what I can tell from the info supplied.

Here is the graph:

full

For my specific condition, the Sativa (Sour OG) was a 30 minute fun high but useless for my back/leg issue. The Pink Kush - from different suppliers & different batches - consistently provided instant long-lasting (for me) relief. I don't know what this really tells us but I thought it was an interesting data point.

Ian

What it does is remind us that unlike pharmaceuticals cannabis is an entirely individual medication and will express in unique ways patient to patient.

I’ve been lucky enough to have my chemovars find me. I’m learning to structure the grow to supply the chemovars we know work for each patient and a little space for exploration. It’s a tricky dance.

Thank you for the insight Ian. Food for thought. It’ll be a glorious world when testing becomes so commonplace that every doctor has equipment in the offices, won’t it? I’ll be most happy with neighborhood testing sites that cost a pittance.

It’ll be a glorious world when testing becomes so commonplace that every doctor has equipment in the offices, won’t it? I’ll be most happy with neighborhood testing sites that cost a pittance.

That is what is particularly exciting about the pending legalization in Canada. The gloves will come off nationally which should open a lot of doors & dollars for true research & legitimization. And when we don't sink into a cesspool of national drug addiction, other nations will follow suit.

Ian

I'm looking for people's thoughts and experiences on treating pain with cannabis. Over the last ten years, my life has been increasingly affected by crippling muscle and joint pain. It threatens to overshadow everything and shapes my perception of who I am in ways I really don't like. I have pretty good tolerance for pain and can take a lot without a whimper- but that's the sort of pain that goes away. Increasingly I'm whimpering, like a wimp. It just plain sucks being in constant pain. The problem isn't that it's at level 10, more that it's at level 5 or 6 but just won't quit. Increasingly I treat it with (natural) opiates. That's ok but once it gets to be a daily routine I feel like I'm walking a dangerous path.

I've got a high (hopefully) CBD strain close to harvest, and have my eye on a couple other likely pure indicas in the flowering room, to make oil, cream/whatever with. There's so much to read and learn about ways to ingest and ways to refine the herb into the right medicine. I'm working on that.

Info on how to make oil, CBD/THC ratios and stuff like that isn't really what I'm asking about, (though that's interesting too), as much as I'm looking for people's personal experiences with pain reduction itself. How it feels to treat pain with cannabis, and basically- how it works. Do you need to get high to reduce pain? Do you take oil capsules on a regular schedule but not get high from them? Smoke yourself into painless oblivion on the couch? Do you smoke, eat, vape the right strain/ratio- and the pain just 'melts away'? What's the experience like?

I do use cannabis- I smoke and vape to get high. But I generally stick to pure sativas only, because I don't like the indica high. The recommended strains for pain relief seem to be all indica. Maybe that's why I really don't make the connection between weed and pain relief. Yes there's a relief, maybe some pain relief- but mostly the pain still remains.
I feel like I'm really in the dark about this whole subject. Some part of me (which I really hope is wrong) isn't even convinced that pot does treat pain.

Thanks in advance for any info.

:thanks:
Ive smoked weed,Hashish, from all over the world in my 40 yr dope trip. I find that it does not help me with pain at all. However, its great if you`ve an ulcer. Oh,and munchies went yrs ago!!

Ive smoked weed,Hashish, from all over the world in my 40 yr dope trip. I find that it does not help me with pain at all. However, its great if you`ve an ulcer. Oh,and munchies went yrs ago!!

Smoking cannabis is the way to get instant pain relief, but the effects are short-lived, making that an inefficient method for pain management 800W.

Have you looked into using an infused oil with a 1:1 ratio? A regular capsule regimen may do a lot more to manage the pain. Smoking is what we recommend for breakthrough, not maintenance.

I'm looking for people's thoughts and experiences on treating pain with cannabis. Over the last ten years, my life has been increasingly affected by crippling muscle and joint pain. It threatens to overshadow everything and shapes my perception of who I am in ways I really don't like. I have pretty good tolerance for pain and can take a lot without a whimper- but that's the sort of pain that goes away. Increasingly I'm whimpering, like a wimp. It just plain sucks being in constant pain. The problem isn't that it's at level 10, more that it's at level 5 or 6 but just won't quit. Increasingly I treat it with (natural) opiates. That's ok but once it gets to be a daily routine I feel like I'm walking a dangerous path.

I've got a high (hopefully) CBD strain close to harvest, and have my eye on a couple other likely pure indicas in the flowering room, to make oil, cream/whatever with. There's so much to read and learn about ways to ingest and ways to refine the herb into the right medicine. I'm working on that.

Info on how to make oil, CBD/THC ratios and stuff like that isn't really what I'm asking about, (though that's interesting too), as much as I'm looking for people's personal experiences with pain reduction itself. How it feels to treat pain with cannabis, and basically- how it works. Do you need to get high to reduce pain? Do you take oil capsules on a regular schedule but not get high from them? Smoke yourself into painless oblivion on the couch? Do you smoke, eat, vape the right strain/ratio- and the pain just 'melts away'? What's the experience like?

I do use cannabis- I smoke and vape to get high. But I generally stick to pure sativas only, because I don't like the indica high. The recommended strains for pain relief seem to be all indica. Maybe that's why I really don't make the connection between weed and pain relief. Yes there's a relief, maybe some pain relief- but mostly the pain still remains.
I feel like I'm really in the dark about this whole subject. Some part of me (which I really hope is wrong) isn't even convinced that pot does treat pain.

Thanks in advance for any info.

:thanks:
I am in the same vote as you. I was in a accident 12 years ago. I spent 10 years eating everything from T3 to oxy 80. Then I had enough and started self medicating with marijuana. This is what I have learned in the last 2 years. The best strain I have found for pain relief is Pink Lady it’s a Sativa hybrid. 10 out 10 on the pain scale after a gram joint I get about 20 minutes of pain free then about 2 hours of tolerable pain levels. I find for myself that if I use a Indica to make edibles it works great for pain but myself I get to wrecked to function. PL in edible form works at a medium level for pain reduction. It doesn’t work as well but it works well enough that you can live life but not so high that you make stupid mistakes.
For Indica I use 7g in just over a half cup of coconut oil. You end up with half cup of oil. With the PL I use 28g to a cup of coconut oil. I make chocolate chip cookies, two sizes small ones about 1.5” in diameter and the big ones are about 3 to 3.5”. I use the big ones on real bad days most of the time the small ones are enough to keep a guy working. I also find that the PL gives me energy and I have a hard time sleeping if I use it to late at night. I hope this helps
DirtDemon

I am in the same vote as you. I was in a accident 12 years ago. I spent 10 years eating everything from T3 to oxy 80. Then I had enough and started self medicating with marijuana. This is what I have learned in the last 2 years. The best strain I have found for pain relief is Pink Lady it’s a Sativa hybrid. 10 out 10 on the pain scale after a gram joint I get about 20 minutes of pain free then about 2 hours of tolerable pain levels. I find for myself that if I use a Indica to make edibles it works great for pain but myself I get to wrecked to function. PL in edible form works at a medium level for pain reduction. It doesn’t work as well but it works well enough that you can live life but not so high that you make stupid mistakes.
For Indica I use 7g in just over a half cup of coconut oil. You end up with half cup of oil. With the PL I use 28g to a cup of coconut oil. I make chocolate chip cookies, two sizes small ones about 1.5” in diameter and the big ones are about 3 to 3.5”. I use the big ones on real bad days most of the time the small ones are enough to keep a guy working. I also find that the PL gives me energy and I have a hard time sleeping if I use it to late at night. I hope this helps
DirtDemon

Are you making use of any topicals DirtDemon? Also, have you considered switching to capsules? In your case that might be more trouble than it’s worth. You have a system that works for you. My daughter has her brownie doses worked out in the same way, so much for breakthrough anxiety or pain, so much more for a good night’s sleep, a particular chunk when she knows she has to leave the apartment.

I looked up Pink Lady and from the descriptions of flavor and scent I’d say there’s a fair amount of pinene and possibly both linalool and limonene. The indica heritage pretty much guarantees there’s myrcene in fair quantity.

It’s a terpene profile for a pain reliever that won’t knock you out. Good find. :high-five: Glad you found a regimen that works for you. :battingeyelashes:

Smoking cannabis is the way to get instant pain relief, but the effects are short-lived, making that an inefficient method for pain management 800W.

Have you looked into using an infused oil with a 1:1 ratio? A regular capsule regimen may do a lot more to manage the pain. Smoking is what we recommend for breakthrough, not maintenance.
Several yrs ago I gave up smoking for 3 mths. I was dying to get stoned but no way was I going to smoke it. I bought an oz and ate it all and I only had a light buzz.Desperate by now, I thought screw it ,im going to have a joint. I was stoned in minutes. The hash was good quality but ingesting it doesnt work for me. As for oil,I never be tucked by anyone. Peace

Are you making use of any topicals DirtDemon? Also, have you considered switching to capsules? In your case that might be more trouble than it’s worth. You have a system that works for you. My daughter has her brownie doses worked out in the same way, so much for breakthrough anxiety or pain, so much more for a good night’s sleep, a particular chunk when she knows she has to leave the apartment.

I looked up Pink Lady and from the descriptions of flavor and scent I’d say there’s a fair amount of pinene and possibly both linalool and limonene. The indica heritage pretty much guarantees there’s myrcene in fair quantity.

It’s a terpene profile for a pain reliever that won’t knock you out. Good find. :high-five: Glad you found a regimen that works for you. :battingeyelashes:
Hi SS, I have not tried topicals myself. Yes I have made capsules before. I found them too much hassle and I really like cookies lol.
DirtDemon

Back
Top Bottom