420 Magazine Background

PakaloloGrow makes Organic Coconut Oil Soap

PakaloloGrow

Hi there, this is my second batch of this soap. The first one was so good, the people I gave a bar to, want more. It also helped my facial skin, I had never had eczema till this year. I started to get it really bad between my eyebrows around my nose, my chin and hairline on my forehead. I'm not making any health claims but after 2 days of using this, it went away and continues to stay away.

I found this recipe online but there are plenty more out there. You can use any essential oil you like, just keep the proportions the same.

I modified the original recipe and added the cannabis leaf, oil and Kukui nut oil.

This recipe makes a 3 lbs. batch that will make 12- 4 oz soap bars.

INGREDIENTS
Use a scale to weigh out the ingredients.

32 oz- Organic Coconut oil (use 33 oz if you don't have the item below)
1 oz- Crock pot, cannabis leaf infused coconut oil for color (take leaves and cook slowly in crock pot with 1 cup coconut oil)
9.6 oz- Distilled Water
4.8 oz- Food Grade Lye
1.5 oz- Essential oil
(I used 0.75 Sweet Almond Oil and 0.75 oz Kukui Nut Oil)

Step 1
Make your lye solution, always add your lye to the water so it doesn't erupt like a volcano. You might want to wear gloves, safety glasses and long sleeves when mixing this, It is acidic and can cause burns. Make sure your pets and kids are safely out of the area. I do this soap making outside because of fumes from the lye solution. The chemical reaction will create heat so mix this in glass or heat resistant plastic and use something like a chopstick that you can just throw out.

And set aside somewhere safe while you mix the oils.

Step 2

Weigh out your oils, you can place the coconut oil in the microwave for a minute or so to make sure it is all liquid.

This is the Sweet Almond and Kukui nut oil mix.

After adding the crockpot leaf oil and some extra coconut oil because my jar was only 29 oz.

I miscalculated and had to take an oz. out of this jar.

Step 3

Get your molds ready, I am using fresh leaves and Hawaiian rock salt.

Step 4

Mix your oils and lye solution

I add a large leaf for specks of color

Last edited:

PakaloloGrow

Step 5

Blend with a stick blender, it will thicken as you mix. You want to continue mixing till it comes to what real soap makers call a trace (till it's thick). In a cook's world it's called emulsification. I blend till it is the consistency of a light gravy or heavy vinaigrette. Don't let it get to a thick gravy, it will be hard to pour and will plop out. Trust me, I went a little too long on my first batch...

Step 6

Pour soap into molds

Once filled, cover with parchment paper or wax paper and let sit overnight. You can take them out of the mold tomorrow morning. I place them inside on my kitchen rack.

After I take them out of the mold, I let them cure from anywhere between 3 days at the minimum to 3 weeks. The longer you let them cure the harder they get and they will last longer.

The pictures below were from my first batch...

Ganjier

Way to go Pakalolo! Thanks for sharing this.
I do know that cannabis infused coconut oil when applied to the skin as a topical has been proven to be effective in the treatment of several skin conditions such as skin cancer, warts, eczema, and rosacea. The whole RSO (Rick Simpson Oil) thing came about as a result of Rick Simpson curing his skin cancer through the use of topically applied concentrated cannabis oil. It's possible that the leaf that you included is the magical ingredient that is helping with your eczema condition. :peace:

Top Bottom