420 Magazine Background

PakaloloGrow's wanna be backyard farm

PakaloloGrow

Hello everybody, well I just started recently planting a fair amount of vegetables so that I can provide fresh organic vegetables for my family, most of the planting was done within the first two weeks of June.

Attachments

Last edited:

PakaloloGrow

Taken today July 6, 2019

Bagseed Momma got a haircut...

I've been watching too many Bonsai videos...

The new seedlings

Gotta have a Plumeria, right?

San Marzano tomato cuttings that are rooted.

Vegetable seedlings

Papya tree I am trying to clone.

New tree purchased two days ago Chinese Jujube

MaddHacker

Man i was like WHAT, starting.. Then I see, Cali now I get it... Looking real good man... Green days, bag seed looking good and mainlined.... Zoom Zoom now...... LOL

PakaloloGrow

Man i was like WHAT, starting.. Then I see, Cali now I get it... Looking real good man... Green days, bag seed looking good and mainlined.... Zoom Zoom now...... LOL
lol MaddHacker, yeah I live in one of the many hoods in Los Angeles County, everyone grows cannabis but not vegetables hahahaha... Thanks on the plant, I'm shooting for a Bonsai, check out the latest picture on my Bagseed Momma thread.

Simon Limon

I also grow organic vegetables, mainly tomatoes, greens, and cucumbers in pots, others like corn and potatoes in the ground. Are you using soil similar to the soil for your cannabis plants? I've done that with my tomatoes but this is my first cannabis grow and I'm a bit worried that the cannabis mix is too strong for the tomatoes. Lots of vegetative growth and flowering but not as many tomatoes as I expected.

The cucumbers are sharing the clone's outside grow house and soil, also in 20 gallon fabric pots. They are absolutely loving it.

PakaloloGrow

No, I am not growing my vegetables in the soil I use for my auto flowers, but I am using Kellog's premium potting soil for the rest of my cannabis plants. I'm new to both growing vegetables and cannabis. I've learned you have to prune your tomato plants for them to produce well. Try trimming everything from the soil to about 18 inches up the stem, removing any unnecessary large fan leaves and cut the suckers off, leaving 2 main stems per tomato plant. What's your experience with cucumber's, do they like full sun? Mine are flowering right now

Simon Limon

What's your experience with cucumber's, do they like full sun? Mine are flowering right now
Yes, cukes love sun. I train them to climb on sticks or string. As they grow they'll often send out side shoots and those will also produce. We have half a dozen plants and expect to be giving away dozens of cucumbers before long.

Tomatoes like a steady supply of water. This also helps to prevent blossom end rot.

Top Bottom