PakaloloHawaii's LED High Brix Perpetual!

One fast one.
image5249.jpg

Almost finished setting up my flowering tent. Need filter. More pics tomorrow.

Saw this great band tonight, Nahko and Medicine for the People. They really spread some good word. We are the people we have been waiting for. We are the ones to make a change for the greater cause. We as a people undivided need to spread aloha, be thankful for, and respectful of the awesome world we are blessed to live in.

Amazing good vibes, bought two albums can't wait to jam out in my truck. Cheee

I've always wanted to try Santa Maria but the seeds I got of it wouldn't germinate.

The folks who grow produce in market gardens and/or muy expensivo restaurant gardens all go for heirloom vegetables. They just seem to grow better in organic/high brix soil. The hybrids are designed for other purposes, IE fast growing, tough skin that ships easier, high water weight, color, and other traits not necessarily related to nutrition and flavor.

While weed isn't nearly as adulterated and frankenized as our "food" supply, I think you'll find that the more pure your genetics are, the better the results in high brix soil.

Thank god for no gmo pakalolo!

I've been looking for good landraces. Been asking around, seeing if any local boys have some hawaiian strains but my luck hasn't been so good so far. Seed banks for now...

World of Seeds has a pretty nice "pure" and "landrace" lines :high-five: I've grown a couple of their strains, they've all been pretty nice.

I got a couple WOS wild thai as freebies so ill prob give those a try next! Hope I find a lady!

Also, swapped out the t5 for 300w led in the veg tent and for some reason my extremas don't look as happy, the leaves not reaching for the light, not drooping, but not standing up either. I also have some blue hammer seedlings in the tent and they look ok, but they don't really have leaves yet. Compared to the Mars II 240, my 300w is quite a bit pinker. I have two theories for the sad plants. First is that they aren't used to that much light after being under the t5s. But I would think they would be stoked! Second theory is that this light just isn't any good for veg. Might have to add it to the mars II in the flower tent and go back to the t5 for veg.

I'm going to leave things as they are for a week to see if they get used to the new light.

I got a couple WOS wild thai as freebies so ill prob give those a try next! Hope I find a lady!

Also, swapped out the t5 for 300w led in the veg tent and for some reason my extremas don't look as happy, the leaves not reaching for the light, not drooping, but not standing up either. I also have some blue hammer seedlings in the tent and they look ok, but they don't really have leaves yet. Compared to the Mars II 240, my 300w is quite a bit pinker. I have two theories for the sad plants. First is that they aren't used to that much light after being under the t5s. But I would think they would be stoked! Second theory is that this light just isn't any good for veg. Might have to add it to the mars II in the flower tent and go back to the t5 for veg.

I'm going to leave things as they are for a week to see if they get used to the new light.

Changing spectrums dramatically from T5 to LED could be very stressful on the plants, depending on the LED.

They'll probably be OK in a few days. Spray with Stress!!

Changing spectrums dramatically from T5 to LED could be very stressful on the plants, depending on the LED.

They'll probably be OK in a few days. Spray with Stress!!

Doc u likely on the money. The blue hammer seedlings have been under the LED since they sprouted so they seemed used to it. I had a feeling it would be a bit of a dramatic change for the two others! Stress tonight!

Some awesome things going on. I'm getting really excited about the blue hammer. Stress helped the lazy extremas they looked happy last night. Gave them a good soak early yesterday. they really liked it.

Did some mild pruning on the bottom of my big syntax last night, but there are still 7+ nodes on some..ill prob take a few off the bottom of every branch tonight with a stress mist after.

@ doc, plants seem to be getting used to the LED. Stress helps big time. Thanks. Also, I know you recommend only 3-5 main colas and 3-5 nodes on those branches (depending on strain); is there a qualitative difference when a plant is pruned to have just a few select flowers, rather than a bush? My only reasoning so far is that with fewer colas the roots can do a better job keeping them happy. Too much plant is hard on the root system? Because of my tent growing situation I try to keep shorter bushy plants, but also don't wAnt too many budsites. This bush I have now I tried to limit to about a dozen branches, more like 15, but they are all only a bit more than a foot long each, with about 7 nodes per branch. Too much plant?

Trying to decide how to train my plants so they are short and have a decent yeild, but arent a jungle of bud sites.

Some more shitty iphone pics...syntax day 20 since the flip.

image5360.jpg

image5359.jpg

image5358.jpg

Some awesome things going on. I'm getting really excited about the blue hammer. Stress helped the lazy extremas they looked happy last night. Gave them a good soak early yesterday. they really liked it.

Did some mild pruning on the bottom of my big syntax last night, but there are still 7+ nodes on some..ill prob take a few off the bottom of every branch tonight with a stress mist after.

@ doc, plants seem to be getting used to the LED. Stress helps big time. Thanks. Also, I know you recommend only 3-5 main colas and 3-5 nodes on those branches (depending on strain); is there a qualitative difference when a plant is pruned to have just a few select flowers, rather than a bush? My only reasoning so far is that with fewer colas the roots can do a better job keeping them happy. Too much plant is hard on the root system? Because of my tent growing situation I try to keep shorter bushy plants, but also don't wAnt too many budsites. This bush I have now I tried to limit to about a dozen branches, more like 15, but they are all only a bit more than a foot long each, with about 7 nodes per branch. Too much plant?

Trying to decide how to train my plants so they are short and have a decent yeild, but arent a jungle of bud sites.

Some more shitty iphone pics...syntax day 20 since the flip.

image5360.jpg

image5359.jpg

image5358.jpg

OK, so you're rockin it.

The reason for pruning is to try to keep the canopy in the sweet spot for the lights, keeping the inverse square law in mind.

Just prune up from the bottom and leave 5 nodes until you're familiar with the strain and figure out whether more or less is better!

Well, after some reading I will be adopting the Gas Lantern Routine in my veg tent. I'd like to limit my electricity bill, and the results seem to be quite acceptable. I hope Icemud stops by and gives his opinion, I believe he's been using it for a while.

Anyway, my plants look freaking amazing. A week and a half more of veg under GLR and the extremas will likely be ready for a transplant and flip. I only popped two, and they look fairly similar, but I think I have two different phenos. One is definite bush and the other pole plant so far. I need small bushes and I've read that GLR encourages lower branching, so we'll see. I like experiments.

Ill do my best to do one more round of crappy iPhone shots, then will borrow the lady's 7D and try to make some pretty pakalolo pics.

Aloha

Well, after some reading I will be adopting the Gas Lantern Routine in my veg tent. I'd like to limit my electricity bill, and the results seem to be quite acceptable. I hope Icemud stops by and gives his opinion, I believe he's been using it for a while.

Anyway, my plants look freaking amazing. A week and a half more of veg under GLR and the extremas will likely be ready for a transplant and flip. I only popped two, and they look fairly similar, but I think I have two different phenos. One is definite bush and the other pole plant so far. I need small bushes and I've read that GLR encourages lower branching, so we'll see. I like experiments.

Ill do my best to do one more round of crappy iPhone shots, then will borrow the lady's 7D and try to make some pretty pakalolo pics.

Aloha

Hey Tavosvo!!! I must have caught the vibes in the air because I just happened to stop by and check on things. As far as the GLR...I personally recommend it for Veg. I have now used it successfully for about 4 or 5 grows, probably somewhere around 15 to 20 different strains and no issues at all. I honestly love that it saves me on electric per month and I can say that the rate of growth is the same as the standard 18/6 schedules. (I never did a side by side but by look, same).

My plants seem much healthier with GLR as well. As far as lower branching, I can't really comment on that since I have never done a side by side comparison and I usually start my plants very young with LST and topping to encourage branching, so it would be hard for me to comment on that. Overall I haven't had any issues with GLR and love saving the money per month :) Right now I am doing it with my new LED's and the plants are vegging just fine with LED and GLR.

How many Kw do you save per day on average would you say using glr Ice and curso?

Here is how you would figure it out...

Take whatever ballast size...for example lets say 400w ballast is getting set to GLR.

Change wats to Kilowatts by doing this...

Watts (400w) x .001 = .4 KW

Now multiply the Kilowatts by how many hours per day (or in this case, the difference between 18 hours and 13 hours which would be 5 hours)

.4KW x 5 hours (saved per day) = 2 KWHr per day saved.

Now multiply this 2KWHr by how many days per months
2KWHr x 30 days per month = 60 KWHr's per month saved with GLR...

now to convert this to money you need to look at your electric bill and find out what you are charged for electric, here in Socal I get charged about $0.32 per KWHr so using GLR is saving me...

60 x .32 = $19.20 per month I am saving using the GLR vs 18/6...

Yeeeew!

Thanks guys for dropping a couple shiney pennies my way! Glad I made the switch. Only sad part now is that I can't check on them in the morning! Lights off 6am -6pm. Well, actually, now I have an hour at lunch to take a peak!

Oh ya and my beans showed up yesterday afternoon. All intact. I love discreet shipping, I always choose a coffee mug and this last one is one of my favorites! Ill post a pic once I fill it with my morning bulletproof!

I believe RD's cougar piss is next in line. I'll be popping those as soon as the extremas move to the flower tent.

Last night I was looking at the blue hammer seedlings and one of them has pinkish/purple first leaves. Crazy! Hard to get a photo of but it's easy to see. Ill keep trying.

Back
Top Bottom