Pakistan Chitral Kush - CannaBiogen

Name: Pakistan Chitral Kush
Breeder: CannaBiogen
Grown from: Feminized seed
Grown how: Outdoor organically
Latitude: 45° N
Harvested: Between 25th September and 1st October

Pakistan Chitral Kush is a landrace indica strain from Chitral valleys of Pakistan, inbred by Spaniards from CannaBiogen since middle 90's from what I remember. My seed was soaked in water by the end of March and germinated without any problems. After 6 weeks or so the seedling was transplanted to my jungle spot, where it was quickly eaten by some insects (don't ask me which ones). To save the plant, which had only one set of leaves at that point, I had to replant her to a better spot, where it survived and branched out nicely, exactly like I'd have topped it.

Because the soil wasn't prepared there for an extra plant, she grew all natural in marl based loam (that's the type of soil I have here). She was fertilized a little with some bat guano, powdered egg shells and blood meal like the rest of my plants. She survived very wet summer, and only by the end of August she caught septoria as most of my plants did this season. That might've cut into final yield, but didn't really affect anything else.

Then there was grey mold, which she caught around 3rd week of September after just a little bit of rain. I removed infected budz with scissors and let her keep going, which she did by the end of September/beginning of October, only slightly bothered by bud wormz and more grey mold. But total weight loss was accounted at not more than 5%, so there was no tragedy. Still, definitely not a good strain for humid climates!!!

Before I even got to bud I processed my trim into dry sift hash, which is what I'm leaning to after my few indicas, cause this type of bud cures slowly and usually takes months before it peaks. And here a real character of this strain shows, reminiscent of famous black Afghan hash, if someone still remembers it, which tastes exactly like hash from this strain. Extremely spicy and aromatic it caused immediate coughing and almost immediate relaxation. It put a big smile on my face and let me lay on the couch watching my favorite TV series or a movie. In my opinion it's better than most of Afghan strains on the market, it's livelier and last slightly longer, I'd say up to 1,5 or 1,45. Excellent nighttime strain!

Smell in early/middle flowering: Musky
Smell in late flowering: Nutmeg with a touch of pine
Smell after drying and very short curing: Earthy and aromatic, but slightly sweet like cinnamon
Taste of hash: Extremely spicy like nutmeg, bordering with burnt rubber
Taste of bud: Very pleasant and aromatic, a little bit spicy but in a good way
High: Very relaxing and happy stone, but with some nice introspective quality
Rating: Solid genetics, so A
Medicinal use: Doesn't work for my back pain straight away, but the next day after I feel great

After being eaten by insects
pchk_12.jpg

Few weeks later
chitral2.jpg

And here how she looked in her last weeks
paki_2.jpg

paki7.jpg
paki11.jpg

And this is bud after short curing
paki12.jpg
paki2.jpg
paki3.jpg
paki4.jpg
paki5.jpg
paki61.jpg
paki71.jpg

Nice review man, I was looking at the pics and I thought "Damn that looks spicy and earthy!"

Then I read it had those characteristics. The buds came in pretty dense too! I think you'll be enjoying that stuff for a good while! ;) :volcano-smiley:

Yeah well they won't last long, tomorrow I'm turning them into hash :)

That is one nice hash for sure :roorrip:

Yeah, here they are :) Dry sift it is. The one on the right is almost finished, and the one in the middle I just made yesterday :rollit:

pakistani_hash1.jpg
pakistani_hash2.jpg
pakistani_hash3.jpg

U mean like check it somehow?

No. It's a method of gently moving the material over the screen to further separate contaminant (i.e. anything other than glandular trichome heads). Here's a quick video bubbleman did to demonstrate:

It's just simple sifting it through finer screen. I use golden coffee filter now, which is supposed to be between 10-20 micron, and it works great. I'm satisfied with my purity :)

Thx man :) Recently I've been smoking this hash quite rarely, but indica lovers should find it pretty good :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom