Pale new growth

MacEFL

This is one of six plants that have had pale new growth since being moved from CFL's to 600 watt HPS. They all look like this. They have been fed Micro, Grow and Bloom every third watering or so. They were flushed with 6.5PH water a couple of times as I had a little fert burn. Just the tips, no biggie. Any way, does any body have any suggestions? I want to put them into 12/12 this weekend if I can. They are in 2.5 gallon pots with Mix 4 soil with Ocean forest mixed in. They will be getting their final transplant this evening into 5 gallon pots. That would be a good time to add whatever they are missing. Thanks!
Lighter_growth_1.JPG
lighter_growth_2.JPG
lighter_growth_3.JPG

Two things to mention: Nitrogen deficiency and possible first signs of being root bound. Your gals are looking like they may need a larger root system to harbor maximum growth.

I'd transfer them to the next larger container and keep your current feeding schedule. Usually within two or three days from transplant the new growth will return to the lush green color.

If not, then re-adjust your nutrient levels accordingly.

Two things to mention: Nitrogen deficiency and possible first signs of being root bound. Your gals are looking like they may need a larger root system to harbor maximum growth.

I'd transfer them to the next larger container and keep your current feeding schedule. Usually within two or three days from transplant the new growth will return to the lush green color.

If not, then re-adjust your nutrient levels accordingly.

I think this is a sound plan. Thanks a bunch!

great advice, the new growth looks fine at the minute, what nutrients are you feeding them and at what doses, is your feed an all in one feed or are you following a feeding schedule for the age of the plant, you need a veg feed for veg and a flower feed for flower,

the root bound advice is spot on,
id transplant then not flip to flower for a week or 2, their will be some transplant shock due to the roots been root bound slightly and due to the roots touching the soil in the new pot, so their will be a short transplant shock period, you may not notice any but its a good idea to let the plants settle into their new pot so you know they have taken to the new growing medium and their is no issues their, you dont want to flip to 12-12 and find out that you got 2 weeks of slowed growth due to the transplant, this will result in less growth during the stretch and could give smaller yield,

now when you flip the lights to 12-12 the plant will stretch, and indica will usually double in size and an sativa will usually tripple in size, the plants stretch when you flip to 12-12 because their looking for the light so to speak, when the lights are off the plant uses its stored energy to grow roots, repair damage done during the lights on period and it also stretches to find the light again, the same thing happens when you have a plant thats in the shade, the branches and stem will stretch like crazy until it finds the light again, so the same thing happens in flower until the plant is actually in flower which is around week 2 or 3 depending on age of the plant then the stretch stops at it fattens up all the way to harvest.

the plant looks great, cfls keep the nodes very tight so the hid light will help it stretch and bush out a lot more.

not sure if you have grown before so i might be saying stuff you all ready know, but when you flip to 12-12 make sure the dark period remains totally dark, any light leaks will make the plant go hermie and thats something you dont want, but so far all looks good.

plant seems nice and healthy,

you should get a grow journal up and running and meet the rest of the 420 growers, we got some top growers here, well i say some we got plenty,

the best site of its type by far,

welcome to 420

great advice, the new growth looks fine at the minute, what nutrients are you feeding them and at what doses, is your feed an all in one feed or are you following a feeding schedule for the age of the plant, you need a veg feed for veg and a flower feed for flower,

the root bound advice is spot on,
id transplant then not flip to flower for a week or 2, their will be some transplant shock due to the roots been root bound slightly and due to the roots touching the soil in the new pot, so their will be a short transplant shock period, you may not notice any but its a good idea to let the plants settle into their new pot so you know they have taken to the new growing medium and their is no issues their, you dont want to flip to 12-12 and find out that you got 2 weeks of slowed growth due to the transplant, this will result in less growth during the stretch and could give smaller yield,

now when you flip the lights to 12-12 the plant will stretch, and indica will usually double in size and an sativa will usually tripple in size, the plants stretch when you flip to 12-12 because their looking for the light so to speak, when the lights are off the plant uses its stored energy to grow roots, repair damage done during the lights on period and it also stretches to find the light again, the same thing happens when you have a plant thats in the shade, the branches and stem will stretch like crazy until it finds the light again, so the same thing happens in flower until the plant is actually in flower which is around week 2 or 3 depending on age of the plant then the stretch stops at it fattens up all the way to harvest.

the plant looks great, cfls keep the nodes very tight so the hid light will help it stretch and bush out a lot more.

not sure if you have grown before so i might be saying stuff you all ready know, but when you flip to 12-12 make sure the dark period remains totally dark, any light leaks will make the plant go hermie and thats something you dont want, but so far all looks good.

plant seems nice and healthy,

you should get a grow journal up and running and meet the rest of the 420 growers, we got some top growers here, well i say some we got plenty,

the best site of its type by far,

welcome to 420

Yeah, I forgot to mention the wait time. donpaul.p nailed what I failed to mention.

There's a ton of different name brand "transplant", "anti-shock", etc solutions on the market. As I don't want to name a non sponsor product name, I think they are like 2-3-2 or so on the NPK scale. Possibly 1-2-1. Anyways, they help to prevent stress prior to transplanting. They actually work.

Yeah, I forgot to mention the wait time. donpaul.p nailed what I failed to mention.

There's a ton of different name brand "transplant", "anti-shock", etc solutions on the market. As I don't want to name a non sponsor product name, I think they are like 2-3-2 or so on the NPK scale. Possibly 1-2-1. Anyways, they help to prevent stress prior to transplanting. They actually work.

If you want to stop shock from transplant vitamin b-1 works and is dirt cheap. I get gallon jugs of the stuff for 5 bucks at homie Ds

Thanks for all of the information, it will definitely help! This is my first grow but I have been drinking in all the information that I can handle. I do have a journal started and I will see how to link it to my signature line. There are pictures of all six plants in my journal. They just got transplanted into 7 gallon pots. I originally bought 5 gallon but they weren't much bigger than the white square pots that they were in. Watered in and fed so will go see how they are doing in a little bit. Hopefully I do not run back here to ask questions about what I did wrong!

cool, ill try and find your journal,

here is how to put it in your sig,
have 2 tabs open on 420 site
open one tab on the 1st page of your journal,
on the other tab open on this site hit the user cp button as you do when you check for updates to new journals
scroll down the left hand side and click on edit signature,
go to the other tab on the first page of your journal, highlight and copy the url at the top of the page, starts with h t t p but without the spaces, just highlight that then right click and choose copy,
then go back to the other page where you are editing the signature,
in the text box write the name that you want for your journal,
the highlight what you just wrote and then you see above the box you wrote in their is a few symbols, well click on the one that looks like a blue round ball,
that opens up the link box, click where you write and right click and paste, that puts your link in that box, then choose save or ok or what ever it is,
then that enters the link in your signature, so all you go to do now is choose save at the bottom of the box you was writing your signature in.

hopefully that helps, i not just pm the mods and im sure they will be able to sort it out for you, once you done it once you will find it very easy, if you look above the box you write posts in then you will see the icons their as well, its the same when you edit your signature, the link icon is the blue ball which is the world with a chain in front of it

Back
Top Bottom