Palm Springs City Council Approves Pair of Marijuana Dispensaries

The Palm Springs City Council approved Wednesday a revised ordinance that will allow two medical marijuana cooperatives and collectives to operate in many of the city's industrial zones.

This was a second reading the the law will go into effect in 30 days. This makes the city of Palm Springs the first and only city in Riverside County to allow these facilities.

The City Council voted 3-1, with Lee Weigel voting no and Mills absent.

Holland has said there are as many as seven illegal medical marijuana dispensaries operating in the city. He is working to file civil complaints against those facilities to shut them down until the proposed law goes into effect.

Under the law, cooperatives and collectives will not be allowed within 1,000 feet of each other or within 500 feet of schools, public parks, playgrounds, churches, youth centers or residential areas.

News Hawk- Ganjarden 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: The Desert Sun
Author: Stefanie Frith
Copyright: 2009 MyDesert.com
Website: Palm Springs City Council Approves Pair of Marijuana Dispensaries

I say bullcrap !! The people that smoke marijuana, live in those residential areas, send their kids to those schools, and by the way, pay taxes to operate those schools, parks, etc., and also pay the salaries of the city council members. There's no need to have to hide this store down on skidrow !! It's time for the people start demanding our goverment end prohabition especially on marijuana. I live in Ma. and we finally got one oz. reduced to a ticket, and that's to much, as far as i'm concerned !! On one hand, you say 1 oz. is legal, and on the other hand you want to penalize me for having it ?? I'm confused now ?? It's still not enough though, we need to legalize and tax marijuana, just like Ca. !! Too get ourselfs out of the current recession !! No dought that the legalization of marijuana would create a taxable product, that will springboard this country out of this recession, it's damm sure not gonna hurt it !! And like i say,' I hope my state of ma. follows Ca. !! It's time to stand up people !! The time is now Mr. Obama ?? Think about it Mr. Obama, one bil. per yr. from Ca., alone !!

Back
Top Bottom