Pancreatitis

kybluegrass

Hi guys! I'm a new member and have some questions about pancreatitis and medical marijuana.

Unfortunately I live in a state without medical marijuana. Kentucky has introduced a medical bill, however, so maybe we'll get some leeway soon.

My question pertains to pancreatitis. I've had pancreatitis since birth. Any of you all use meidcal marijuana to treat flare ups? How effective is it?

Thanks!

Hi kybluegrass,

Sorry for the long wait, I will be populating this Sub-Forum very soon.

Thank you for your patience.

Greenest Regards,
TruthSeekr420
:Namaste:

Hi guys! I'm a new member and have some questions about pancreatitis and medical marijuana.

Unfortunately I live in a state without medical marijuana. Kentucky has introduced a medical bill, however, so maybe we'll get some leeway soon.

My question pertains to pancreatitis. I've had pancreatitis since birth. Any of you all use meidcal marijuana to treat flare ups? How effective is it?

Thanks!

Hey Kybluegrass,
You have had it since birth ? That's horrible to hear mate. I got diagnosed at 36 with idiopathic chronic Pancreatitis although they found very high lipid levels. The pain is awful I know of no other pain like it. I will be totally honest with you from my experience and for severe flare ups cannabis don't seem to touch it but I take my poxy 30mgs of morphine as prescribed and that also doesn't work I have to save them up and take about 80mgs at least over a 4hr period when it comes down a few levels in pain on a scale of 1-10 10 being most painful say I'm at an 8/9 bring it down to a 4/5 then take cannabis I find it amplifies the opiate effect and eased it a further 1-2 levels below what I was experiencing but there is a minus side as it gives you the munchies you really want to rest the pancreas not kick it off again and for anyone who has this terrible disease eating as you know can be a problem but I tend to go more indica when I should get pure sativa really or a sativa dominant smoke. So as with most things good and bad points. Also smoking tobacco can't cause it but will make it worse and deteriorate quicker in studies done so smoking it completely pure is the way. I have found it very expensive buying off street so now grow the odd plant myself now and it gives me a purpose in life too as I can no longer work. Hope this helps. Pease out.

Hi. I have chronic pancreatitis also. U should journal what foods give u the stomach and back pain & let's not forget about the nausea. Certain strains help but it's very individual. I'm learning how to make the butter. Edibles r better I think. Been trying to find out if you can use the dry brown leaves when making the butter.

My gf has chronic pancreatitis and she dabs to help her. it has different results but when she has bad flare ups it doesn't seem to help a whole lot, just seems to distract her a bit

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Check this out

Thanks!
If you dont want to read about me or my opinions nust check out the link below:

I have had acute pancreatitis flare ups starting 8 years ago. I am now 35 and it has turned chronic (acute on chronic, as i still get flair ups). So most peoples pancreas is squishy. Mine is calcified and hard like a rock. Worse, i get pancreas stones which hurt a lot. I have been hospitalized hundreds of times for the flair ups (was in almost a MONTH once), and countless procedures. Apparently the main duct that goes from my pancreas to the stomach is blocked. Your pancreas makes lipase and amalipase when you eat (even when looking at a yummy food on tv!). With my blocked main duct (you would think if it were stones blocking it, they would have gotten them out the 4 times they knocked me out and stuck a tube down my throat and into the stomach to the pancreas), I only have a small mi kr duct to drain all the lipase to my stomach!
Thjs is where you get the flare up and pain. The lipase is created and designed to break down fats and proteins. Get this - your pancreas is a protein and fatty organ, so when the lipase stays in there,it actually attqcks and "eats" itself. This is why my pancreas is calcified and hard from so many attacks.
Ok now that you mnow a lot more (hopefully) about it, cannabis helps me for many other aspects (insomnia, ptsd, anxiety, makes me MORE motivated, and so on), with pancreatitis i would like to say a few things:

First, check out the article. Not everything is proven, but there are a LOT of potential good things it helps with I didnt even know! Pain is actually reduced because it reduces inflammation. But cannabis can, at times, "distract" you from the pain. To me i get nauseous and also dont want to eat a lot. I find pot to help me (not always, but moreso than not), to want to eat and may nausea fades away a LOT. Obviously you shouldn't be eating during a flair up,, but even with pot, im usually in enough pain and feeling like crap in my stomach so at that time it doesnt make me want to eat. I think combined with my pain medicine, it makes it more bearable. In the rare event you have too many flare ups and i take more meds then normal and run out a couple days before my refill, pot works wonders (even better if you are perscribed xanax) for withdraw symptoms. I think a dab or wax would be better for a flair up but i never did that before :(

PLEASE CHECK THIS OUT:

Medical Marijuana for Pancreatitis — Updated September 2015 - Pancreatitis Help

Back
Top Bottom