Pan's Guide to Aeroponics

Hi Yall!

This a guide to build your own aeroponics system.
I will cover building and operation of the system.

Here are the plans for a single tank system thanks to Mr Aero.
how to build aeroponic hydroponic system plan
The only thing I would do to better this system is to raise the the sprayer level so it hits the net cups.

I have built mine as a central tank and satellites.

The vegging System
jan_5_002.jpg

I first cut the top for the net cups then used the top to layout the sprinklers.
Small ring ready for glueing
00354.jpg

00249.jpg

I then drilled and installed the bulkhead connectors 1 1/4" drill and the pump tubing 5/8" drill
Small satellite and tank with pump.
00445.jpg

Reassemble and glue.
Small system ready for operation.
00548.jpg

The Flowering units
jan_5_001.jpg

Cut out top for net cups I used 5" net cups. Then using the top to layout the sprinklers cut to fit.
Big ring ready for glueing
00138.jpg

I then drilled and installed the bulkhead connectors 1 1/2" drill and the pump tubing 5/8" drill
Big ring glued and ready.
00734.jpg

Big unit tank and pump.
00644.jpg

Parts list small unit
3ea hydrofarm 1/2" bulkhead connector
1ea Pump 180 Gph
1ea Air Pump
1ea Air Stone
8ea 90 deg 1/2" elbow Pvc
2ea 1/2" tee Pvc
4ea 180 deg sprayer
4ea 360 deg sprayer
1/2" pvc pipe
2ea 1/2" ID threaded to 1/2" pvc slip joint.
2ea 1/2" pvc couplers
2ea 1/2" barbed to 1/2" threaded connector
3ea Tupperware tubs
Pvc glue
1/2" ID tubing.
2ea 1/2 barbed tee
12ea 3" net cups
Tools needed
Drill
5/8" drill bit for the pump tubing
1 1/4" drill bit for bulkhead connectors
1/4" drill bit for the sprayers
1/4" tap for the sprayers
Razor knife to cut the holes for the net cups.
Hack saw and sand paper

Parts list Big unit
3ea hydrofarm 3/4" bulkhead connector
1ea Pump 260 Gph
1ea Air Pump
1ea Air Stone
8ea 90 deg 1/2" elbow Pvc
2ea 1/2" tee Pvc
12ea 360 deg sprayer
1/2" pvc pipe
2ea 1/2" ID threaded to 1/2" pvc slip joint.
2ea 1/2" pvc couplers
2ea 1/2" barbed to 1/2" threaded connector
3ea Tupperware tubs
Pvc glue
1/2" ID tubing.
1ea 1/2 barbed tee
1ea 3/4 Barbed tee
3/4 ID tubing
12ea 5" net cups

Tools the same as above.
with one added drill bit 1 1/2" drill for the bulkhead connectors.

More coming soon.

Pan4

pan u freaking rock. :roorrip:

so is between aero and hydro, which one requires less maintenance?? i guess in other words, which one is less likely to fail.

it might just be trial and error. :nicethread:

OH YA.........thats what i'm talking about brother...damn nice thread....even a guy like me can do that...LOL.....printing that parts list now......thanks man......PEACE
You bet happiehippie
pan u freaking rock. :roorrip:

so is between aero and hydro, which one requires less maintenance?? i guess in other words, which one is less likely to fail.

it might just be trial and error. :nicethread:

So far very little maintenance. The system also has a backup of sorts. Because you can't mount the bulkhead drain so that it all drain's out there is some nutes left in the satellites as a backup in case of pump or power failure.

More to come, today's been very busy and my back's a little tweaked.

Pan4

Hi Yall!

The veg unit uses 3gal of nutes for my setup any more will cause a flood if a drain gets fouled. The usual culprit is for a drain plug is hydroton. You can two weeks out of one tank.
The flower unit uses 6-10 gal depending on the plant fill. I keep mine at 6 gal and can get 2 weeks from one tank.

Be sure that the satellite unit's are always higher than the tank level in the res to ensure proper drainage.

Nutes
You need nutes that are completely homogenized sorry guy's Fox Farms don't work in this system the bat guano is to course and plug the jets.
I suggest using Dutch Masters IMO the nutes are the best I have found but not organic.

More soon We will building Aerobuckets my version of a Waterfarms system. It's very simple to build.

Thanks for the +rep fineas

Pan4

Hi Yall!

This a guide to build your own aeroponics system.
I will cover building and operation of the system.

Stingy REP System (LOL) said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to pan4gold49 again.

Well, I REPped you in spirit. Love to see the "How-to Homebuilds!"

You need nutes that are completely homogenized sorry guy's Fox Farms don't work in this system the bat guano is to course and plug the jets.

Seems like I read about a granular product (it may have been when I was perusing the GH website but I am not sure) that comes with a "filter bag" for using the stuff in hydroponics systems so that nothing gets clogged. Would placing guano/etc. in such a bag keep the jets from clogging yet still allow enough product to slowly dissolve out into the solution to be worth using it, I wonder?

I suggest using Dutch Masters IMO the nutes are the best I have found but not organic.

Are you using their Gold line? I think I asked you once before but am not sure (brain is failing). I was on their website playing with their nutrient calculator tonight. Do you use the Max, Silica, Zone, and Liquid Light products along with the basic A/B Grow and Flower?

Well, I REPped you in spirit. Love to see the "How-to Homebuilds!"

Seems like I read about a granular product (it may have been when I was perusing the GH website but I am not sure) that comes with a "filter bag" for using the stuff in hydroponics systems so that nothing gets clogged. Would placing guano/etc. in such a bag keep the jets from clogging yet still allow enough product to slowly dissolve out into the solution to be worth using it, I wonder?

Are you using their Gold line? I think I asked you once before but am not sure (brain is failing). I was on their website playing with their nutrient calculator tonight. Do you use the Max, Silica, Zone, and Liquid Light products along with the basic A/B Grow and Flower?
The filter bag should work just fine. Yes the whole line, that liquid light is some amazing stuff one application and bam your plants shot up 1 to 5 in a day
:thanks::rollit:Very good thread Pan4 Im gonna def stay posted on this one i know its gonna be good! thanks! :nicethread:
Thanks L8 I hope it's good too.:bong:

Pan4

Very informative how-to Pan. Looks easy enough to build and since I'm in the process of laying out a new grow room, it is doubly helpful to me. One question though. Have you encountered any leakage problems at the sprayers? Would a couple of wraps of teflon tape interfere in any way with the performance of the system?

Looks like this may be the way I want to go with my new setup.

Very informative how-to Pan. Looks easy enough to build and since I'm in the process of laying out a new grow room, it is doubly helpful to me. One question though. Have you encountered any leakage problems at the sprayers? Would a couple of wraps of teflon tape interfere in any way with the performance of the system?

Looks like this may be the way I want to go with my new setup.
Thanks SouthernWeed Not really I tapped the holes with 1/4 screw. ;)
Awesome tutorial. I'll be using some of your techniques in the system I'm building right now. Cant wait to see this baby in action!
+rep for DIY creativity!

Thank you eScott for the +rep.:smokin:

One more thing is a timer I run mine 15mins on 30 mins off when the lights are on. 15mins on 45mins off when the lights are off. You can leave it on almost 24hr a day but you need some off time to allow for the plant to reset sort of.;)

Pan4

Pan, Question for ya...
In the parts list the tubs are listed as tupperware. Is it true tupperware or generic for rubbermaid or such.
I ask because I just built a similar aeroponic unit and the lid/tub connection leaks like a bee-otch. Even with weather sealing.
In the photos, yours look better constructed. Thats why I ask more specifics on brand and possible outlets?
Cheers,
Thanks man!
:smokin:

Thanks man!I got the only ones the H.D. had and they leak like a mother near the latches. I need to find one that has a solid one piece lid like yours,
Naturally you only find out after building the whole thing. Doh!
Off to wally world and lowes now!

Thanks man!I got the only ones the H.D. had and they leak like a mother near the latches. I need to find one that has a solid one piece lid like yours,
Naturally you only find out after building the whole thing. Doh!
Off to wally world and lowes now!

i use the roughneck rubbermaids, havent had a prob with leakin with these.
:cheer:

Hi yall!

The big plant unit in a step for step construction.
Drill drain hole 1 1/2"
001102.jpg

002131.jpg

Install 3/4" bulkhead drain.
003119.jpg

Mark top for net cups
004112.jpg

Drill hole's for the jigsaw
005109.jpg

006106.jpg

Cut out net cup holes
00797.jpg

00895.jpg

Drill holes for sprayer pipe.
00981.jpg

Sprayer pipe being fitted
01081.jpg

The sprayer's I'm Using
01168.jpg

Drilling sprayer holes with 5/32" bit.
01265.jpg

Tap the holes I Used a screw as a tap and mount sprayers
01365.jpg

Sprayer's installed
01451.jpg

Install and glue 1/2 slip to 1/2 threaded.
01549.jpg

Install and glue end cap
01641.jpg

Install and tighten 1/2" threaded to 1/2" barbed.
01746.jpg

Unit is done and ready
01846.jpg

Bucket aero ring. You need this.
01940.jpg

A tee and some tubing is all you need.
02135.jpg

Poke hole with the tool and install the sprayer.
02231.jpg

02331.jpg

Fit in the bucket drill 5/8" hole for supply and 1 1/2" drain and your set.
02427.jpg

Later

Pan4

Pan nice setup. I'm going to do aeroponic journal for the first time. I'm a newbie and I started with soil and then I realized it's less expensive to do hydroponics or aeroponics versus soil, but not as forgiving as soil if something goes wrong. I too will be using the dutch masters gold series. Do you recomend any other Dutch Masters gold series products besides the grow/flower A&B?

Looks like everything is coming along real nice and also very nice instructions as well as pictorials! +REp
Thanks L8
Pan nice setup. I'm going to do aeroponic journal for the first time. I'm a newbie and I started with soil and then I realized it's less expensive to do hydroponics or aeroponics versus soil, but not as forgiving as soil if something goes wrong. I too will be using the dutch masters gold series. Do you recomend any other Dutch Masters gold series products besides the grow/flower A&B?

I would use the Max, Zone, And Silica. I'll be watching for you thread playafly.:popcorn:

Pan4

Back
Top Bottom