Pantagruel Goes Big

Looking healthy in their new pots. Watered each with 1 liter at 750 ppm Flora Nova Bloom nutes. Kali Mist moved into flowering.

i started with smart pots on my latest grow. at first i didn't like them because they are loose around the edges and create valleys when u water them. i folded the edges down and now its allot better . it seems to hold together better
2014-09-26_12-23-36_781.jpg

your ladies look great !!!

All the girls are in the flower room as of yesterday. The Kali Mists have a one week head start. Everyone got a litre of FloraNova Bloom plus CalMag today at 1300 ppm. My best guess for the PH is 7. I reverted to using the
Oct3Canopy.jpg
liquid tester because my outrageously expensive Hanna ph meter is a piece of junk and I wish a pox upon them. Should be a Christmas harvest :)

Red Dragon, Kali Mist, Lucy, Northern Lights

looking great :bravo: im looking at a Christmas or new years harvest myself...cant wait

five different strains rooting now...

Thanks DL. I just checked out your journal, busy place! :thumb:

I just moved my two TopLed 96x3 reflector units to 18 inches. I have been running them as low as 10 inches and I feel this may have been contributing to my problems. Some plants don't seem to mind at all, but I think that some do so I am going to experiment. I may go higher yet.....

Thanks DL. I just checked out your journal, busy place! :thumb:

I just moved my two TopLed 96x3 reflector units to 18 inches. I have been running them as low as 10 inches and I feel this may have been contributing to my problems. Some plants don't seem to mind at all, but I think that some do so I am going to experiment. I may go higher yet.....

thanks .. yea i hate to be bored or outta bud.. germinating an auto dark devil next week so that make 17 plants total with 6 strains variety baby !!!!

im looking at getting a top led panel after a havest .im seeing great results !!!

Cool. I've been doing a lot of reading about LED's and nutrients and it seems that the consensus is that LED's significantly alter nutrient utilization owing to their use of targeted rather than full-spectrum light. Specifically, as KJC maintains, it appears that calcium and magnesium are over-utilized in the compensation.

I have to say this concerns me. I am a 'holistic' kind of person, and it seems to me that LED's are efficient enough to be made full spectrum and still be relatively more power-friendly than other light sources. I am moving towards fewer but larger grows, and I may incorporate my 400 watt HPS with my two LED's in a hybrid light setup. I am curious to see if this eliminates the Cal-Mag issues.

Looking good there - my girls are at the same age as yours - also looking for a Christmas harvest.

I've got a Hanna Ph meter as well. The last time my meter acted up I think it was my fault, I dipped it in my water too far, kinda up past or around where the tip screws onto the meter. I separated it, let it sit over night and calibrated it the next day and it's been fine. It's a good meter much better than any of the other lesser expensive models - I'm using the Hanna pen tho.. its pretty accurate.

i use the cheap yellow ph pen from fleabay .. work great . ive had it two harvest now and i have no deficiency or lockout since i got it .. i just keep some 7.0 calibration fluid handy but ive only had to calibrate twice ...

i check mine all the time but has only needed calibrated 2 times in 4 months . im ok with that consistency for 10 bucks.

Welcome GG, thanks for dropping by :)

Everyone got a liter of nutes at 1000 ppm, Flora Nova Bloom plus CalMag and molasses. My soil mix is a little heavy. Hopefully as the roots grow it will start to drain a bit better. Right now it is 5 days between waterings but the pots aren't as bone dry as I'd like to see. Taking off for a couple of days so I'll post some shots Sunday. Should be some stretching going on by then.

:Namaste:

Hey buddy, firstly I would like to step in on the LED a d Cal Mag bit. My BM light seems to push my plants with no extra need for cal mag. My nute line does carry them both but I honestly thought I'd need some extra. It is a full spectrum light so this may be the reason? ? :)
My current run I'm not running that line of nutes and I don't have and CM so we shall see soon enough if its just a well balanced light! ?? :)

Also DL I grew a auto Dark Devil and they are awesome really really dark purp and a nice smoke :) :)

Back
Top Bottom