Pantagruel's 3rd - Northern Lights

I'm stoked for you on your new light and veg area. It'll be cool for another awesome grower to help everyone decide on their next light purchase, which should be LED as we are all noticing.

Umm I hope this isn't terribly innappropriate of me to say about your untopped plant but it looks like she's giving me the bird. Hahaha!

Shortening the light cycle seems to be having the desired effects. Quite a few orange pistils now and some amber trichs on one of the plants.

My seedlings are still suffering from what looks like a micronutrient def so this morning I repotted them into my new soil mix which now includes kelp meal. There was a nice batch of mcyo fungus growing uniformly everywhere on it so I hope this will just fix whatever the problem was.

Decided to finish my flowering room up correctly. It is a 5x5x6 space. As soon as this batch finishes I'm going to partition it up the middle, finish with highly reflective walls so that I end up with 2 2.5x5 grow boxes. I should be able to use the one exhaust fan to ventilate through both, hopefully even creating a nice draft. The only catch so I can veg on the one side will be to make sure the back part is lightproof. And a nice 200 watt Led for each side. :)

As I am looking forward to see where you land :)

Had to chop one of my plants today as our stores are dwindling. Picked the smallest NL1, which was the LST trained untopped plant. The yield even fell below my modest expectations, just over an ounce. The other two will be better, especially with another week.

The cola was pretty decent, about 15 grams wet.

Mar15NL3Cola.jpg
Mar15NL3.jpg

Well, the quick-cured stuff kicked our butts, so it passes the potency test. It makes a really nice mix of head and body stone with the Durban, which is great because my pollinating experiment worked. I am getting a few DurbanXNL hybrid seeds, very large and mature, they look extremely viable.

Nirvana created 'Urban Poison' which is NLxDurban but backcrossed again with Durban to create a stable but Sativa-dominant strain. I'm more interested in the F1 50/50 hybrid. Can't wait to run a batch of these!! :)

Harvested NL2 the topped plant today. Yield was about the same as the LST, will be just over an ounce when dry.

I have to say I'm disappointed. The plants were on the small side, because I was originally set up for 6 plants, then had to pull 3 Durban's half way. Still, I thought I would get 2 ounces each at least. I guess size really does matter. Hopefully the untrained untopped plant NL1 will yield the best. I'll harvest it on Friday.

For the next go round I got 4 great big pots. No f'n around. Time to give these girls what they want: room to grow!!!

How many total days or days of flower did your girls grow? I'm doing an Auto NL on my next grow.

I pulled the first one at 7 weeks, which was a bit early but our stores were running low. This morning's was 53 days, the last one will be 8 weeks. They could go a little longer, only about 5-10% amber, but I'm ready to up-pot my next batch so I need to free up the space. Potency is awesome.

I thought it seemed quick. I'm getting super anxious as my harvest draws near. I'm looking forward to your new setup and LED. May your transplanting be quick and painless.

Yeah, I get really antsy too. I guess that's probably true of everyone. I'm kinda fanatical about schedules and timelines, but the girls will take their own sweet time sometimes!

Here is the last lonely lady waiting for her date with snips. She is only 22 inches tall. I wish I had vegged a couple more weeks. :(

Mar20NL1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom