Pantagruel's 3rd - Northern Lights

Well, this one is in the bag (or bags, literally as I'm using the paper bag drying method now).

I just harvested the last plant, the untopped, untrained girl NL1. She was definitely the most productive of the 3, plus a lot more big buds and less popcorn than the other 2. NL2 (topped and lst'd) and NL3 (lst'd) both yielded almost identically 20 grams of bud and 10 grams of popcorn. NL1 yielded 28 grams of bud and 8 grams of popcorn. Altogether just a smidge under 3.5 oz.

I would say the big limitation on the trained plants was my inability to effectively develop bud sites. There were lots of them, but I couldn't get many to fill out. Partly that is because the plants needed another 2 weeks of veg - everything was pretty crowded. It seems if you aren't going to put in the time to really carry out the training, mother nature's plan still works pretty well!

And of course the one nice feature of the natural plant, the cola: this will be 8 grams dried. Not a beast, but not bad for a 22 inch plant
:)

Mar22NL1Cola.jpg

Someone asked for a smoke report on this grow a while back. It might have been on another thread, I lost track of where, but anyway, here it is:

Smoke Report

Northern Light - Royal Queen
Grown in organic soil organic nutes
Vegged for 7 weeks
Flowered for 53 days
Dried for 7 days
Cured for 3 weeks
Very light green and orange

Musky-dank smell
Mild taste
Thick acrid smoke

Effects long lasting
Buzzy but very relaxed

Apr12Bud2.jpg

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom