Pantagruel's Durban Lights - Half-Pound or Bust

As promised, here are some bud pics. The biggest plants are at 2, 1.5, and 1 week flowering. The Durban Lights pistils are much more white than the Durban Poison, but not as white as true Northern Lights.

2 weeks
Aug10NL01.jpg

1.5 weeks
Aug10NL02.jpg

1 week
Aug10NL03.jpg

Canopy 0-2 weeks flower
Aug10Canopy.jpg

Subbed buddy :) :)
Red Dragon again :) my RD is going like crazy! All my others stalled a bit due to my ballsing up PH. Yet she just keeps on building nicely. After your review I'm excited to try her out.
As for your target, just get good vert and decent node spacing and your golden my friend! :)

Ya found me! :)

Yep RD this grow and the next one too. That stuff smells sooooo sweet when its cured. Your girls look impressive nonetheless...hydro a bit more tempermental than soil though I see....

Thanks for checking it out, have another super green day LA!

:Namaste:

Knew I could count on you Sara :high-five:

Everybody got a litre of rainwater plus CalMag today. So far the CalMag has kept the leaf problems that usually plague the Durban Poison to a bare minimum, so I'd say that was the magic bullet. Thanks to KingJohnC for pointing out to me that led's increase the need for calmag. :thanks:

1/2 # on six plants should be an easy achievement. I pull that on 4 every time that are between 2-3' tall. Granted this all depends on strain, light, nutes etc and any stress that is induced upon the ladies. I ran 7 plants 3 foot tall from the root mass and pulled 1 1/2lbs total dry weight...I dont run an LED yet but would love to aquire one one day. I run a Digi 1000w but regardless...You got this!

I agree if I don't make any mistakes I should be good. I set a conservative goal this time to get my confidence up because the next grow I'm shooting for a pound from 7 and that will definitely be a challenge. :morenutes:

I agree if I don't make any mistakes I should be good. I set a conservative goal this time to get my confidence up because the next grow I'm shooting for a pound from 7 and that will definitely be a challenge. :morenutes:

Not really much of a challenge. I was plagued by Mites and PM on my last 7 plant indoor run before I built my new Facility. and I scored well over a LB. unless you consider time a challenge. That was grown in a 4' x 4' area, single 1000w, 4 gallon pots, FF OF soil, with FF Trio nutes at 1/2 strength. That is all other than Un PH balanced water straight from the well....Dude I understand selling yourself short so you aren't let down because it is always so much more exciting to get more than you expect rather then less then you were hoping for...I do the same thing lol. I do however notice a huge production difference between no CO2 added in and just using Sugar water and yeast to add CO2...my yields almost double...But I was supplementing 4 gallons of yeast water in a 4' x 4' area with fans off a few times a day while lights were on. now in my new room si cannot produce enough CO2 without having 2 10 gallon buckets in each room lol...that is a lot of sugar and a lot of yeast in a week....considering each gallon takes 2 cups of sugar and 7g of yeast...

Not really much of a challenge. I was plagued by Mites and PM on my last 7 plant indoor run before I built my new Facility. and I scored well over a LB. unless you consider time a challenge. That was grown in a 4' x 4' area, single 1000w, 4 gallon pots, FF OF soil, with FF Trio nutes at 1/2 strength. That is all other than Un PH balanced water straight from the well....Dude I understand selling yourself short so you aren't let down because it is always so much more exciting to get more than you expect rather then less then you were hoping for...I do the same thing lol. I do however notice a huge production difference between no CO2 added in and just using Sugar water and yeast to add CO2...my yields almost double...But I was supplementing 4 gallons of yeast water in a 4' x 4' area with fans off a few times a day while lights were on. now in my new room si cannot produce enough CO2 without having 2 10 gallon buckets in each room lol...that is a lot of sugar and a lot of yeast in a week....considering each gallon takes 2 cups of sugar and 7g of yeast...

As you note yourself, there are a huge number of factors in determining any grow. I'd agree that with unlimited time, patience, resources anyone could produce a pound from a single plant. But each of us has different and competing priorities that determine what constitutes a success to us. That's why for Light Addict a one-pound plant could be a failure but for me a pound from seven might be a success. I've challenged myself in a way I hope will be good for me, and that I think will still represent an accomplishment. :)

I think any successful grow is an accomplishment! I only vegged those 7 for 30 days from seed...but I too agree that a single plant yielding one lb would take time, resources and space to achieve...Anything that I can produce over 2 oz a plant indoors is a success to me. simply because that amount allows me to keep my patients with meds while waiting for the next harvest. I understand priorities. I have 2 kids a wife and a full time job beyond MM. So time is limited for me. But I have to produce the best quality I can for my patients. I mean no disrespect with anything I post. Sorry if my wording blows but take no offense to anything I say. I am only trying to help and encourage!

I will say though that the 3 medijuana plants I had in that run I didn't touch as far as topping or any form of training. and the other 4 Master Kush I topped 1, LST'd one in a spiral around the pot and left the other 2 alone. And right now I am trying what Light Addict does and am Fluxing a single lady...she is 3 weeks old from seed. But I am changing my Veg time from the 30 days I was running to a 60 day veg. Simply to allow me to get the hang of Fluxing some before I put her to 12/12. I just made a thread of my last few grows because of cell phone carrier bs and I was out for almost a year. Titled "Devilish's Multi Strain Indoor/Outdoor" if you would like to see the seven I am talking about. I wish you the best of luck man! Love and dedication can go a long way and I will be here for this journey you are taking! I am rooting for you!

I think any successful grow is an accomplishment! I only vegged those 7 for 30 days from seed...but I too agree that a single plant yielding one lb would take time, resources and space to achieve...Anything that I can produce over 2 oz a plant indoors is a success to me. simply because that amount allows me to keep my patients with meds while waiting for the next harvest. I understand priorities. I have 2 kids a wife and a full time job beyond MM. So time is limited for me. But I have to produce the best quality I can for my patients. I mean no disrespect with anything I post. Sorry if my wording blows but take no offense to anything I say. I am only trying to help and encourage!

No offense taken. The only real failure is not helping someone else to succeed, in my opinion. You saw an opportunity for improvement and you shared it! I will check out your 7 plant grow after supper :)

Back
Top Bottom