Pantagruel's Durban Lights - Half-Pound or Bust

my question is if you bought one and had one 96x3 & one 192x3 instead of your two 96x3's do you think you 6 plants would be going any better now?

I could have gotten ok coverage with just one of my 96x3 (which pulls 200 watts in bloom) but with two my coverage is fantastic and the buds are frosty all the way down. I have lots of room to do six big plants. the 192x3 is just like having 2 of the 96x3's but I'd rather have the lights separate to be able to spread them out a bit and get the light covering the canopy from different angles.

I could have gotten ok coverage with just one of my 96x3 (which pulls 200 watts in bloom) but with two my coverage is fantastic and the buds are frosty all the way down. I have lots of room to do six big plants. the 192x3 is just like having 2 of the 96x3's but I'd rather have the lights separate to be able to spread them out a bit and get the light covering the canopy from different angles.

Thanks for the response im thinking ill go with the 192x3 because of the price that way ill effectively have 3 x 96x3 with the one i already own , if i could buy two more 96x3's at the same price of one 192x3 i think id do that, but i want 500w actual power and my 96x3 pulls 115 in veg @250v and 168 in bloom @ 250v so i figure if i get the "600w" reflector added in ill be at 504 real watts of power or "900w" led bs rating :p man i love this led stuff i was so skeptical of them for ages soooo glad i did more research and found this great community!

wow your girls are some real fast bloomers! esp the durban x strains who are they from id like to try them in the future

The Durban Poison came from Dutch passion seed stock originally. I caused a hermie by a light leak and that crossed with another plant to produce some seed. Next grow a Durban from my seed hermied and crossed with some Northern Lights I had going to produce the Durban Lights hybrid. There are 4 of those in this run, no sign of a hermie in this batch.

Flowering time indoors should be about 9 weeks for both the parent strains, Durban Poison and Northern Lights, but you're right, the Durban Lights seems to be finishing quickly. Lucky thing for us too! :)

The only other Durban Lights I grew finished with a diesel smell, which is kinda neat because neither of the parent strains had that. But I guess the Northern Lights genetics pool is pretty deep. This time my lead girl is finishing with a bubblegum smell. Yum. Plus she is so frosty it looks like icing! :)

thank you very much outdoorfrank:)
Thanks for the response im thinking ill go with the 192x3 because of the price that way ill effectively have 3 x 96x3 with the one i already own , if i could buy two more 96x3's at the same price of one 192x3 i think id do that, but i want 500w actual power and my 96x3 pulls 115 in veg @250v and 168 in bloom @ 250v so i figure if i get the "600w" reflector added in ill be at 504 real watts of power or "900w" led bs rating :p man i love this led stuff i was so skeptical of them for ages soooo glad i did more research and found this great community!

yes, I agree, two 96x3w is better than 192x3w, cover better:) thanks for your sharing Pantagruel.:)

Just read the whole thread Pantagruel and you got a good thing going there. Them close-up nugget shots are fantastic. I send you my best wishes to get your target from this grow.

I would just like to throw in some experience about LEDs. I have 2 tents with a different LED in each. What I have found is that the level of red light in the LED makes a big difference to plant structure. It seems the more red light there is, the more the plants stretch.

If you look at my White Russian grow you will see this when I change the LED from the Budmaster II to the Mars II. The Mars II caused the plants to stretch a fair bit more. Now, I'm not saying this is a bad thing but it should be a consideration to people needing shorter plants.

My other grow of Night Queen is under the Budmaster II now and is so bushy as to be almost unreal. It is just so short and has new nodes coming out everywhere.

Just to add something else to the mix about the red light, when I put one of the White Russians into the garden it has just shot up to about 6 foot compared to about less than 4 foot for the indoor girls.

Enough about this off topic stuff.

Again, I wish you well on this and I will be keeping an eye on things here.

:goodjob:

Thanks for the commentary MedFarmer, very helpful :thumb:

I've heard a few times about LED's causing stretching and I will say that when I start the seedlings under LED from day one they do stretch at first. But if I give them about a week under CFL's then switch to LED's I don't get stretching. My current veg all 7 girls got moved into the flower room for over two weeks with no stretching.

Nice DIY system you built, by the way. I see your girls are a few weeks ahead of mine. I doubt if I can catch up to a hydro grow but I'm sure gonna give it a try :) :) :)

Those of you who follow my veg thread as well will noticed I misposted an update for this thread in there:

After careful consideration of our empty cupboard and the amber trichomes on the girl I started flowering early I've decided to pull her early next week. At only 8 weeks she will still be one of my ripest yet, so as lex mentioned earlier, definitely a fast finisher!

Gave everyone a massive drink of water only yesterday in case there are some salts building up; for the harvester this will be her flush.

First of 6 plants has been harvested!

This Durban Lights was pulled at 8 weeks cause frankly we are out of meds. Yield was lower than expected, but that is because I simply didn't let these girls get big enough. Oh well. It's hard to frown when your hands are sticky with resin :)

Quality is superb, some of the stickiest buds I have grown yet. LED definitely can deliver on that front. I was counting on at least an ounce but dried this will only be half. This will definitely keep me on track for vegging the hell out of the girls in my other journal. I may just fill my 5x5 room!!!

Oh, and on the bright side, while sorting through my paper drying bags I found a nice little nug, so the missus will have a good morning :)

Sep16Harvest1.jpg
Sep16Harvest2.jpg
Sep16Harvest3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom