Pantagruel's Perpetually Home

Mike Wright

420 Support
420 Staff
Instead of trying to keep a separate journal for each grow, since they're kind of overlapping anyway, I'm gonna go the perpetual journal route....

I've been growing for a few years for personal and medicinal use for my wife and me. I usually keep things pretty small with topping and training - more so since I just started using a 2x4x5 tent at my new place late last year. I started out all organic, but switched after a couple of years to GH Flora Nova and find it works for me. My current setup is a small veg space where I start the seedlings out under a T5 and graduate them to a TopLed (Mars) 96x3 after a couple of weeks. I've got a 2x4x5 GreenLeaf grow tent for flower with an Optic 2 Led for my main light, plus a Vipar 450. I use a potting mix thinned with Promix, gets nice and porous by the last half of flower so you can feed heavy and it dries out quickly.

I just started using some regular seeds and was able to collect and freeze pollen and produce quite a few varieties of seeds in my current flowering batch. Right now in veg I have 3 regular Neil Haze, plus 4 clones (Green Crack, 2 Trainwreck and Afghani). The Neil Haze is turning out to be something of a problem. It's a really tall sativa and doesn't look like it will take well to topping. Normally I veg about 2 months, with training and they stay pretty bushy and short. If I let these NH go 2 months I'm gonna have 5 foot plants so I'm thinking about putting these into flower pretty soon.

Anyway, here's my current flowering batch, Green Crack, Trainwreck, Afghani, plus 2 small Pure Kush clones I did mainly so I could cross with my Afghani for seed. They've all been spot-pollinated and have good seed development on a couple of branches.

Below that are the Neil Haze, at 2 weeks, then at 4 weeks, really filling out. I can only let them get about 3 feet high so they are going to have to go into flower by next weekend I think.

Glad you're still hanging around. You must really like popcorn! LOL!! Seriously, welcome back Bonsai our illustrious MOM.

I forgot to mention too in my little 'intro,' I am really starting to get into tinctures. I've always been an edibles guy, but these tinctures are a whole other thing.

Glad you're still hanging around. You must really like popcorn! LOL!! Seriously, welcome back Bonsai our illustrious MOM.

I forgot to mention too in my little 'intro,' I am really starting to get into tinctures. I've always been an edibles guy, but these tinctures are a whole other thing.
I'm the ultimate cheesy poofs eater, I guess.....

I like to watch. I guess because I have yet to finish a grow. I'm going to have all kinds of viewing experience by the time I'm ready to grow again.....long story, but I won't be starting till fall I suppose.

But you guys give great content to watch and dream one day I'll get to grow such beautiful plants. ;)

Just dropped two Serious Seeds Kali Mist beans. It's a long-flowering strain (11 weeks) I got for the wife. $130 for 5 fems!

I have a pretty good assortment going now: Green Crack, Trainwreck, Afghani, Pure Kush, Neil Haze and Kali Mist. I have a bunch of miscellaneous hybrids and bagseed, I'm thinking of doing a 'mystery run'.....

Tonight the Pure Kush get tucked away for a couple days dark before harvest. In the next few days I'll flip the Neil Haze. Those are nearly a foot tall now and I'm sure they'll stretch like crazy.

Anyway. No use crying over spilled milk. Flipped the 3 Neil Haze and the largest Green Crack clone a couple of days ago. Tent is getting pretty full. I imagine one of the NH is a male, I can't tell yet. The other ladies are almost 7 weeks and nice and frosty. Obviously the next batch is going to be much larger since they are already as big as the finished girls from the last run.

Neil Haze 3 is a boy. Took 4 cuttings to clone for breeding. One cutting from Neil Haze 2. Growth has been phenomenal since I started PH'ing the water. I even PH the vegetable garden now and it has never done better.

The Green Crack is really finishing up quickly. I'll harvest her next weekend at 60 days flower. Buds are nice and thick on that one.

Thanks flash! I wish I had your expertise with HST. I think these Neil Haze are going to be way tall and I don't have much headroom. We'll see.

Thanks flash! I wish I had your expertise with HST. I think these Neil Haze are going to be way tall and I don't have much headroom. We'll see.
Don't worry it s easy to bend weed is strong. The technic is just to apply pressure on the stem between fingers before bending. The pressure will make it easy to bend you will see by yourself if you need to do it. But you can also always lst without any risk. During my first grow I had an auto which turned to be a photo. No training on her and she just got to tall for my grow space. I just bend the entire plant! Lst is easy and harmless! Never had any trouble with hst neither in veg or flowering. I think it's just depends on the overall health of the plant. If she's in good health she will recover well

Welcome Budz! Looking forward to checking out your journals too. Always fun to see what other folks have going on.

Not sure when I'll start growing out the crosses. I might try some of the Afghani X Kush right away.

:peace:

I've done a couple of harvests in the last few days, the Afghani and then today the Green Crack. Afghani was not a heavy yielder, buds never really filled out at all. The Green Crack on the other hand built some big thick buds, the nicest I've ever grown. Not as big as a pop can, but bigger than my harmonica.

Below also are the Afghani X Pure Kush seeds from the previous harvest.

I've done a couple of harvests in the last few days, the Afghani and then today the Green Crack. Afghani was not a heavy yielder, buds never really filled out at all. The Green Crack on the other hand built some big thick buds, the nicest I've ever grown. Not as big as a pop can, but bigger than my harmonica.

Below also are the Afghani X Pure Kush seeds from the previous harvest.

Congrats to the the harvest bruh!

Thanks Freak! GC is a first for me so I don't know what to expect. The flowers smell quite nice, definitely fruity. My Blue Widow has cured for about 10 weeks and it smells just like heaven, really thick fruit, and it tastes like tangerines. I wish I could share that up.

Back
Top Bottom