Papaya Goes Soil - CFL - 2nd Grow - Soil Grow Journal

HunterHunt

Hello everyone!! Welcome to my 2nd grow journal. For this journal we have two PAPAYA clones from my hydro girl planted in soil! This should get interesting! I wanted to do a hydro vs soil on this strain as well as a smoke comparison. Lets get started!!!

What strain is it?
- Papaya (Mango) (Nirvana)

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
- Indica 85 / Sativa 15

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
- Veg

If in Veg... For how long?
- Cuttings rooted 7/09
- Transplant 7/22 to 5 gallon (Start of vegging)

Indoor or outdoor?
- Indoor

Soil or Hydro?
- Soil
- 37.5% Ocean forest
- 37.5% Happy frog
- 25.0% Perlite
- 5 gallon Smart Pots

Size of light?
- CFL's Will update as i add more throughout grow

Temp of Room/cab?
- High 79 degrees
- Low 71 Degrees

Size of Room/cab?
- 4 X 4 Lighthouse Hydro Tent
- 440CFM fan
- 4x12 Phresh filter
- 35 Pint Dehumidifier

PH of soil?

Type and strength of ferts used?
- No nutes until around 3 weeks vegging
- Botanicare KIND nute line (base, Grow, Bloom, Aquashield, Cal/Mag)
- General Hydroponics pH up and down.

Instruments?
- pH Meter
- PPM Meter
- Soil pH meter

Papaya (Mango) is a fast growing plant, mold and disease resistant, and usually an early maturing plant. Papaya has a sweet, tropical fruity flavor.
Papaya is a heavy, greasy indica staying low and dense, very suitable for sea of green gardens. The buzz from our papaya is lethargic, almost narcotic.

Plant height: Short Plant
Stoned or high?: Stoned INDICA
THC level: High THC (24.0%)
Flowering Weeks: 8
Yield : 500
Harvest Month: 8/9

Any questions feel free to ask! Also check out my hydro grow still going on in my signature!!

:thumb::thanks::welcome:

Here is the start of my 2 clones! :circle-of-love:

day415.png

Ok everyone we are now caught up! Today was the transplant to 5 gallon smart pots! I watered them yesterday to get them ready today. I believe this was the perfect time to transplant as you can see the in the root picture. Only one or two roots started circling the bottom and the soil held together great!

I will be keeping them in this box until my hydro grow finishes if possible! They are a little packed lol..

clone1.png

Left a little room on top so i can top with a little more soil and also a layer of Sand and have enough room for watering.

clone2.png

clone3.png

I'm still haven't b tried cloning yet a little intimidated by it maybe I'll try it I got all the stuff just haven't had enough balls to try how hard are they to keep going while the roots are coming

Cloning wasn't that bad... I really want to do a aerocloner as i believe that will be the best way to clone. I took cuttings while 2 weeks into flower so that was kinda against me also. Out of 6 clones in rockwool 3 grew roots and i took the strongest 2. I had tried just water cloning while i was in veg but none of those took... Just dont let the rockwool dry out!

:thumb:

subbed ! great start congrats on the clones keep upp the great work ! i would do some training to those clones in a couple days say a week after the roots settle in there new 5 gal smart pots if u plan on flowering under cfls ! #LST #PCE

Welcome everyone! geturgrowon I believe im going to do a scrog with these two plants. I still have not decided. Right now i have a 4ft tall and 4 foot wide hydro Papaya under CFL's. Im not to worried as i can surround the plant with over 550 actual watts of CFL's. But i would like to try LSTing at some point. Thanks for the tips!

Any tips and comments please let me know guys! First soil grow!

:thumb:

hey np iv worked with cfl i would go with scrog u will regret doing it trust me ! would be the way to go. and lst is a must for scrogging good luck if u have any question let me know !

i stopped useing cal mag. why? i have lots of ca in my water here. i use pure mg, from mixing one tsp or so, of epsom salts, into a qt of warm water, to dissolve. then, ad this to total of one gallon water. should not need to do this very often. perhaps ounce in veg, ounce in flower. many nutes feature ca in their makeup....i was using dynagrow before i recently stopped. it has it all in it, and is very economical to use. and, one part, with a silicon additive. it is complete. why hassel with all the different crap? the nuted on the shelves of the store, and made to draw US IN, not the plants.

subbed. like the clone chamber perfect size for the closet grower

Ok guys update time!! A lot of new tops and growth. I did film the tops of these plants around 1 week ago. You can see the two new tops are coming along great! Im ready to get these guys some more light!! They are for sure needing it now. Around last week i would have put at least 12 CFL's on these girls but i dont have the resources to do so right now.

clone7281.png

clone7282.png

clone7283.png

nice looken girls there .... look forward to watching their progress

Back
Top Bottom