Papaya Goes Soil - CFL - 2nd Grow - Soil Grow Journal

congrats on the quality and quantity. plants looked great whole time I didn't doubt you :)

Thanks everyone! Very proud of these girls. I have LSD next greenthumb! Just cut the clones and put them in my aero cloner. I didnt have everything in order so I couldnt take them earlier until this grow was finished. So hopefully we see some roots in a week or two. Im thinking 2 LSD clones in a SCROG under 600 watt HPS, then possibly a White Rhino and White Widow SCROG together under another 600 watt and i was thinking of doing a small cabinet DWC LSD clone in my small box. We will see how things go and if get everything set up. I just got 2 - 7 gallon smart pots for my 2 LSD clones.

Make sure you sub to my newest grow, LSD!!!

Stay away from DWC!!! you sacrifice quality when you grow in DWC, trust me!

I would highly suggest a top feed system in rockwool grow cubes.

- 1x 15gal tough tote
- 1x 185gph submersible water pump
- 1x 5-7gal SuperRoots Air Pot
- 1x Hydro Halo (or make your own with PVC like i do)
- 1x Cheapo air pump and airstone (not necessary)
- Some pvc to make irrigation lines to your drip ring or hydro halo, or 1/2" flexible tubing (not clear, to reduce algae).

You can set it all up for less than $80, depending on which items you get. The more expensive ones will obviously raise your price, like the water pump or the air pump if you use one. With 4-6x daily irrigation, the water return to the reservoir is enough to aerate the water again, but it doesn't really matter as your roots aren't going to be sitting submerged in nutrient solution, which would require constant aeration.

Thats it.. oh ya.. and a plant to put in the system!

all said and done it should look something similar to this:
CapnStyle511.jpg

Thanks for the advice! I may have to try that setup. I already have the DWC stuff and it would be a small plant just to play with. Would only be looking to pull a ounce or two out of my small box. I would flower her after like 10-20 days. For that grow i would stick to DWC most likely. I really enjoyed my DWC Papaya grow and the smoke is DANK! Some of the strongest ive ever smoked. I cant wait to get my soil ones cured and do a comparison.

Update!

The cure is coming along nicely and i am burping all 19 jars daily. I have been testing out the bud and all i can say is WOW... Every day it seems to get stronger. This is a lot different high than my DWC papayas..... I will update once i get a good 2-4 week cure. The flavor and aroma is so amazing.

Also, my new vaporizer is one of the best things ive bought so far! All i can say is AMAZING. I dont think i will ever smoke any other way lol.... I fill one bowl and fill the bag with it. If I finish half the bag myself i better look for somewhere to relax lol..... The flavor from the vap is the best thing i have ever tasted.... and the smoothest also. I truly love the new vaporizer! Thanks for the reviews mrrobert and greenthumb!

you luckY ass mofo - i cant wait for next month - MY TURN!!! lol hahahahahah - what a haul man!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congratulations!

Glad you like the purchase!

I bought it for my gf cause she cant smoke my bong cause it kills her! But we recently just bought a nice bubbler pipe that i collect kief for her to smoke with. She loves it! Oh, and she loves the vape too!!

Glad your papayas turned out nice! i got 7/10 cracked (had 8 i thew one away) and mine are working on their 3rd leaf set. I'm looking forward to the smoke! I'll start a journal on those soon, make sure to add me to your friends list so you receive all my invitiations to my 3 or 4 upcoming journals!

Update!

The cure is coming along nicely and i am burping all 19 jars daily. I have been testing out the bud and all i can say is WOW... Every day it seems to get stronger. This is a lot different high than my DWC papayas..... I will update once i get a good 2-4 week cure. The flavor and aroma is so amazing.

Also, my new vaporizer is one of the best things ive bought so far! All i can say is AMAZING. I dont think i will ever smoke any other way lol.... I fill one bowl and fill the bag with it. If I finish half the bag myself i better look for somewhere to relax lol..... The flavor from the vap is the best thing i have ever tasted.... and the smoothest also. I truly love the new vaporizer! Thanks for the reviews mrrobert and greenthumb!

No prob hunter - I wanted to make sure i didnt over or undersell it to you - Glad you are happy - Sounds like it hit the sweet spot lmfao hahaha

Final Update!

Ok everyone just wanted to report back with a final update before we close this journal out!

The jarred buds are perfect now and have got a great cure. The buds are at the perfect stage now. The aroma of these buds once you open the jar are a piney/citrus smell. Once you touch a bud or mash one the aroma explodes! A strong pine and fruit/citrus mixed with a deep pungy smell. Once you smell one that has been touched its one of those smells where you have to keep smelling. Sooooo amazing. 100% better than my first DWC grow....

On with the smoke report. As most of you know they didnt go as long as i really wanted so the high is more of a head high which is actually what i like the most but i did intend for these to be a body high. Oh well! I absolutely LOVE the high from these girls. Once you fire up a bowl you can take the deepest hit you can take with absolutely no cough. No harsh feelings in you throat or lungs like the DWC papayas were. Ive very pleased with the cure. The inhale is very smooth and the exhale is very piney/citrus almost like it smells. Since the cure i have been smoking more from my water bong than the vaporizer. The high kicks in very fast and after about 2-3 mins after you take a rip you start to wonder off. This medicine really eases your mind and thoughts. I can still function and do things or even go in public (if i only take one hit). This bud is amazing for my anxiety as i never feel nervous or the high is never "to much" for me. If you take 2-3 hits you will be "couch locked" but not with a body high lol... I find myself wondering off into my own world with no worries and positive thoughts on my mind. I write programs and i can solve issues fast when medicated and it puts me in another train of thought that normally would take me longer to solve. I really enjoy it! Awesome smoke and amazing taste.

This journal can now come to a close! Thanks everyone that helped me. I love this site! If anyone hasnt stop by and sub to my LSD grow!

:thanks::high-five::420:

Back
Top Bottom