Paradise Diesel #2

b.real

whatsup guys? this is my last paradise diesel seed, and shes a week into flower today! she broke earth on 2/19, vegged her for a week, and then two weeks later showed me preflowers on 3/12.

she is blooming a lot slower than my master kush. in one week of bloom, my master kush had flowers already setup and everything.

diesel is chemdawg x superskunk x northern lights. this plant is growing a lot like a chemdawg, very odd looking leaves and structure

its weird, during the stretch the skunk seems to come out hard. same thing happened to my master kush. vegged as a hindu kush, then during stretch, bam, skunk appeared.

two weeks into flower from preflower..she blew up, huge for her container size (32 oz)

overfed this one too..i need to learn how to mix nutes.

2013-03-26_22-32-50_243.jpg
2013-03-26_22-32-56_691.jpg

howsit man

even though you're in flowering now.. she looks like she could do with a LITTLE nitrogen, its a little early for her to be showing N def signs- later in flowering its obviously more common place though- as the plant eats into its own N reserves in the leaves etc.. even raking in a little bloodmeal or blood and bone into the top soil might be advantageous at this early stage of flowering...

i could be wrong though! might be good to get some feedback from one of the more experienced growers here...

peace brother /|\

Nah youre right. If you look at the top of the plant shes a weird dark green, i fed her well that day that i snapped the photo.

I was running a test to see how long she could make it on just my super soil. She went 4-5 weeks before starting to yellow out.

Idk wtf is up with thc bomb. She ate all nutes in 2-3 weeks!?

fed a granular fertilizer tonight. the containers are small, they just eat the nutes up..shes a tall girl.

the master kush is also hungry as you can see.

3 weeks into bloom:
2013-04-03_00-29-01_509.jpg
2013-04-03_00-30-30_442.jpg
2013-04-03_00-28-38_708.jpg

Beautiful Girls you have there. I am just starting a Jack Diesel grow myself. I hope mine looks like yours. Is there any absolutely do's or don'ts that you would recommend? I would sure appreciate in info... take care

:Namaste:

Haze x diesel? Damn thats gonna be strong but its gonna take long. Ive noticed that the sativa heavy phenos dont take well to heavy feedings, so watch that.

much appreciate that info... I never heard that about sativa heavy, and the feedings. my game plan was to ride the nutrient in the soil
and really just recharge it. with seaweed and molasses root drenches and some vitamin mix here and there. Really wanting a clean, old fashion burn... but for the flowering I have some " 12-55-6 " super bloom fertiliser for hopefully some big and plentiful cola's

Is that crazy thinking to you bmeat?...again, thank you for the good words...peace

:Namaste:

sounds good to me..as you can see my plant made it 4-5 weeks on super soil. look at how green she was 1 week into bloom (4 weeks of age total) and then how green she turned within one more week (2 weeks into bloom, 5 weeks of age total).

those bloom nutes are synthetics? if so, you should plan on flushing before harvest.

and im saying, if my straight diesel takes the sativa pheno of the super skunk, your jack diesel will for sure, becuase jack is haze x skunk, which are both sativa heavy. its going to be tall and take long to bloom. i would top it once if i were you.

"Apical dominance

Apical dominance is phenomenon where one meristem prevents or inhibits the growth of other meristems. As a result the plant will have one clearly defined main trunk. For example, in trees, the tip of the main trunk bears the dominant meristem. Therefore, the tip of the trunk grows rapidly and is not shadowed by branches. If the dominant meristem is cut off, one or more branch tips will assume dominance. The branch will start growing faster and the new growth will be vertical. Over the years, the branch may begin to look more and more like an extension of the main trunk. Often several branches will exhibit this behaviour after the removal of apical meristem, leading to a bushy growth.

The mechanism of apical dominance is based on the plant hormone auxin. It is produced in the apical meristem and transported towards the roots in the cambium. If apical dominance is complete, it prevents any branches from forming as long as apical meristem is active. If the dominance is incomplete, side branches will develop.

Recent investigations into apical dominance and the control of branching have revealed a new plant hormone family termed strigolactones. These compounds were previously known to be involved in seed germination and communication with mycorrhizal fungi and are now shown to be involved in inhibition of branching.[13]
"

I was just looking at the pictures on your grow journal. the last pictures...OMG!!!!

:thumb:

Thanks B'... I was aware of topping the plant. Specially with the sativa influence. I wasn't aware of the Apical dominance.
my thoughts were every other fan leaf switching sides for penetration and at about 5th or 6th week supercropping. I never really get the bushiness with satives. had my best grows with indica's and let it roll ~ Not this time...I need to get this sativa fear out of me.
and looking at your grow...that was just pure art my friend ~ i am anxious for a smoke report from you. Me's think couch locked for a while
or a tiny bit longer... :peace:

Well apical dominance has to do with topping. I was worried that if you cut the main one, that all those hormones/auxins would be lost. But it's saying no, the auxins get distributed so ill be trying out topping on my next plants.

Sad Day... my Jack diesel seed was dead, same as my super cheese auto...both were freebies for buying a seed pack. " that sucks "

However, my seeds that I ordered cracked and just now put out their first serrated leaves and are about 2" inches tall and a nice lush green.
the two plants I am growing now are: Jack Herer and Church
as soon as I get my camera up and running, I will start a grow journal ~ your advice is always appreciated "B" and noted. I am still gonna watch over feeding because of the Haze X Skunk mixture...

Both green house seeds, yeah? Their jack herer looks incredible. I know its haze x skunk. Congrats on the babies :)

someone please help. i have a couple of these spots on my plant. what could it be? im hoping its nutrient burn and not something else. ive only found them at the top of the plant. no nutrients ever directly hit these leaves.

thanks!
2013-04-13_01-25-44_426.jpg

It looks like one of two things, it could be a mechanical injury, is your fan blowing a leaf that rubs in those spots? Or, it could be leaves lying on top of one another, trapping moisture that's causing a little mold? If it's a rub, you can remove the leaf that has the most damage, if it's mold, or a result of prolonged excessive moistur between leaves, do a maintenance defol in those areas to open up the spaces and promote circulation. NOW, once you make a decsion of what the problem is, remove affected leaves and watch. JFYI, if I thought it WAS burn, I would NOT remove any leaves....let the lowest ones take the brunt of the burn, after I noted recovery...THEN I would remove the damaged leaves and develop a comprehensive temporary, then permanent nutrient regimine.

dude i hope its not mold..im gonna wash em with peroxide right now, may remove them. would mold make em bent and twist too though? the other spots are really "burnt" looking with this stuff on top of the damage.

fan is pointed right at this girl.

i had to catch up their nutes cause i let them go hungry for some time. now im gonna go back to feeding once maybe twice a week. like i did on my first plants.

thanks

dude i hope its not mold..im gonna wash em with peroxide right now, may remove them. would mold make em bent and twist too though? the other spots are really "burnt" looking with this stuff on top of the damage.

fan is pointed right at this girl.

i had to catch up their nutes cause i let them go hungry for some time. now im gonna go back to feeding once maybe twice a week. like i did on my first plants.

thanks

Bro, relax, there are different kinds of mold, this isn't the kind that ruins your crop...........sometimes it just gets where the leaves are staying moist where they contact....it'll be fine, just a sign of little things that can be fine tuned.

Back
Top Bottom