Paradise Diesel

yeah man..i got that chem skunk and you got the chem kush. it better be potent or ill quit lol

the producer one last time. might take a little longer, it showed me some stress through drooping and downward canoeing leaves.

2013-03-10_01-50-33_490.jpg

886667_540059972681970_105826562_o.jpg

ok..offically 6 weeks into flower. she looks like shes almost done..yelloing out, really frosty. loving it. maybe itll finish early for me :)?

regardless i gave them their daily feeding. gonna push her what like a week or two more? am i off with my timing? it was from preflower not from switching to 12/12..that was from seed so idk how wed calculate that

"and congrats on your first BUD!! woot!"

thank you very much my man :)

runt pheno. indica shortness..but sativa leaves..so odd
2013-03-11_00-10-46_63.jpg
2013-03-11_00-09-29_60.jpg

looking damned sexy dude! that first pic is looking awesome :cheesygrinsmiley:
when it comes to knowing when ya wanna pull them, i'd say stick with the basics brother.. get your 20++ loupe/mag glass and check the trichomes- milky/amber all the way :cheesygrinsmiley:

thanks bruh, my dad actually has a 10x loupe and i snatched it haha. i gotta concentrate hard but i can see them if im really trying to with a little led flashlight..not one amber on runt pheno yet, but no clear left.

tall pheno is behind a little bit.

the 6 week sample..smells more chemy than anything else..fuely and fruity..i hope i smell cheese as well when i grind it up :)

might pickup that meter..especially since im considering switching to hydro.

2013-03-11_23-08-19_340.jpg

thank you bud grant, and welcome!

the smokable 6 week sample going into the cure jar tonight! going to smoke it tomorrow. i cant wait to try my first ever grown plant!

im really thinking these puppies will be done before the suggested 9-10 week, what do you guys think? this was at 6 weeks..i dont want my bud to overripen, please help!

2013-03-14_20-43-11_630.jpg

Well it weighed 1.7 wet and now it weighs .7 so i jarred it up for tomorrow.

It might just be my mind playing tricks on me, but i feel like the longer i leave them the less frosty theyre getting. I started watering with filtered water tonight, gonna start the flush. Is it too early?

howdy bruv!

you should be good to start flush dude- and if you're seeing all milky u should be good to go with harvesting- depending on if you want to leave it till the amber starts to show.. which i am sure you are aware of- kinda changes the type of hit you'll get, amber=indica-ish(heavier body type of hit, couch-lock styles etc) / milky=sativa-ish(more heady and euphoric- great for waking n baking styles IMHO) ;-p and if you're looking for amber it doesnt mean that there'l be amber showing on every bud, it could also mean that you are seeing an amber trich here n there over the whole plant area. i could be wrong there but thats how i have always done it- if anyone cares to correct the above pls feel free! :cheesygrinsmiley:
yeah u could expect to lose 2/3rds of your total wet weight dude... as plants are roughly 75% water/fluids-interstitial/cellular fluids etc so when it dries properly all of that water weight will go which is 2 3rds-ish.. depending also on the strain too... you COULD drop to something around .5 but i hope not!

great work man :goodjob:

sup guys!? its 7 weeks into bloom for these girls..yellowing out hard. how much longer you guys think? some are saying 2-3 weeks on another forum..but im thinking (and hoping) sooner. they are starting to smell too much. i smell a faint skunk smell around the house, which isnt good.

i was hoping one more week..at least for short pheno? i really need suggestions. its 7 weeks into bloom from preflower. paradise seeds suggest 9-10 weeks but idk if they count from preflower or from 12/12 flip?

also pulled another sample :D finished my lollipopping job on my tall one. better late than never ;)

7 week sample

2013-03-17_23-14-39_861.jpg
2013-03-17_23-40-03_5011.jpg

2013-03-17_23-40-39_141.jpg
2013-03-18_00-01-54_133.jpg

Looking really sticky and stinky here. Im pulling my bag strains at about the same flower time too. The ones I cut already were at 6 weeks and the rest are coming down this week at 7. Your looking GOOD, The ones already cut dried fast and shrunk, they are not so dense but smokeable already even tho the stems bend, I trimmed and put them in jars. I heard late in flowering like this the calyxes swell more and fil with resin so when you think they are done wait another week and they should add wieght. I wish it was easy to wait and other factors like smells and out of meds dont help me. Do you think in your situation starting seeds at 12/12 shortened your flower time? I think for me there could be a few reasons like enviroment stresses, soil issues, inexperience and they had some GLR light schedule a couple weeks before switching to 12/12. Oh I also once in awhile shorten lights a half hour at a time not on a planned pattern just when the thought came up and they are getting 10/14 now. Im liking the effects of first cut and hope this weeks will be heavier and better. I really cant let them go since Im in a closet with a hvac vent that pulls air and pumps it around house. My ghetto filter setup is not working good enough.Sorry for rambling but Im trying to get thc bomb and Im gonna watch you with that too on your experience.:peace:

hey alkhemist, i understand. my first sample weighed 1.7 wet, and then weighed about .4 dry (when i had it fully dried, i tried smoking it too soon and it wouldnt burn in a joint)

ca125, i did smoke the 6 week sample, and now i have a 7 week sample! so when you smell it, pure chemdawg, straight chemically enhanced fruit smell. then when you grind it up, the chemdawg smell is still stronger, but some of the skunk #1s cheese smell comes through, kinda like parmesan cheese underneath the chem.

the smoke flavor was the same, really chemdawgish. i had a really nice clear head high, right behind the eyes, and it lasted for an hour or two. i didnt crash hard either, it was just a nice floating sensation coming down.

very tasty (even though only cured for one day) and not very harsh at all (compared to the street weed around here)

about to post some more 7 week bloom pics. heads on the other forum are telling me to wait another 2 weeks before harvest, but i dont see how the plant can get any better when its fan leaves, the energy factories are dying?

2013-03-18_02-31-04_620.jpg

tall pheno
2013-03-18_00-35-38_481.jpg
2013-03-18_00-36-38_229.jpg

short pheno
2013-03-18_00-34-03_759.jpg
2013-03-18_00-33-21_130.jpg

Nice plants meat. In my opinion i would start flush and check it in a week. look at the trichs. They will yellow alot but thats not bad its just part of the cycle. I have noticed that the last week or two is when you really get frosty. It is important to check trich color. :goodjob:

thanks man, i hope they finish soon. they are starting to make my house smell like skunk in the strangest places, which is odd becuase up close they smell like straight chemdawg. i didnt smell anything around the house the entire grow until now. cant be long now, can it?

starting to get foxtails on the tall one, and loving it.

looking just GREAT dude! very very nice bonsai plants! im loving your micro grow.. very cool. for so long ive been hardout into BIG plants whether it be indoors or out but this really takes me back to when i first found bonsai(a close friend is pres of the local bonsai club) and had a go at doing it with a couple of cannabis plants- basically just lst'ing and a bit of root pruning in a low lying pot.

yeah bro, to KNOW when you need to cut- the exact time even.. comes down to what was mentioned above, observing the trichomes, they tell ya everything man. when ya see your trichomes turning milky/opaque then you are good to go- some ppl leave it till they see amber colored trichomes starting to appear here n there- giving a little bit more of a indica type of high, but if you start to see milky trichs dude you should be good to start flush. and ready to harvest :cheesygrinsmiley:

and you will DEF taste a dif and feel a dif high as your bud dries more and cures for a while.. it will mellow a bit too into a smooth high but this is obviously strain dependant too. i like to dry mine until the outer bud is dry but the stalks are still relatively fresh, then i jar em up- or in babyfood tins, and open them up during the day to let out moisture(in a dark area) and lid them up again for the evening. when the branchs or twigs start to become brittle and snap as i bend them i know im good to go! :cheesygrinsmiley: but thats just how i do it brother...

keep up the great work ma man! :peace:

yeah the yellowing is just the plant eating up the reserves of N in it's leaf, as the leaf is so much like a energy storage facility, it stores minerals etc as well.. of course, it shows the plant is nearing the end of its flower cycle and is telling ya, "im nearly ready papa smurf!!" ;] but at the end of the day, the trichs will steer you right.

atb meat

Back
Top Bottom