Parnelli's 2020 Outdoor Grow

parnelli

I've got some seeds from one of my old buddies. He gets them from weed that he scores from folks that grow outside with no separation of males and females. Basically, I don't have a clue as to what the species of these plants are but I'll try them outside anyway as a test of my outdoor environment. I've seen in these journals that some folks have had a variety of plant health and insect issues. Let's see what "crops up" from these unknown seeds.

I started them about two weeks ago in a CD case. Here's what they look like now:
P1110400.JPG

It is absolutely energizing. Gives a pleasant long lasting buzz. I'm smoking very little of it right now because of the virus and my propensity to contract pneumonia - so age and health issues put me in the "vulnerable category". However, I have been making chocolates with decarbed Red as well as adding it as a "spice" as I cook stuff. Half a level teaspoon and I'm good for the day. Was able to get some Kief from it too! Guess I've seen too many episodes of "Bong Appetit".

I planted 4 plants in various places around my yard that gets some sun and is in a place that can't be seen from the "public view" (Michigan regulation). With so many trees on our property getting adequate sunlight is a challenge. It's been raining and warm so I feel quite confident that the transition from the Aerogrow to soil will go well. I'll get some pix once the weather cooperates.

Things are not going well - some stoned deer ate the first one, bugs have attacked the second and its near death, a deer stepped on the third one (nearest the hops plants) and broke it off at the stem - there's one healthy one left - I'm so bummed I've started new seeds apoppin' - O the challenges of an outside grow

So I finally got around to taking pix.The first pic is the plant that was near death and has made a valiant comeback. The next two pix are from the survivor of the deer trampling.

Attachments

• 2020.6.JPG
    2020.6.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 87
  • 2020.7.JPG
    2020.7.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 85
  • 2020.8.JPG
    2020.8.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
Plus two more in the Aerogarden getting big enough to plant outdoors without attracting the local critters to the last of the spring-mix season. Been watering and feeding the native blackberries and raspberries hoping for a nice berries to put over ice cream.

Just got back after a few weeks away and the big plant is now about 4 feet tall. It also looks like a girl (no balls yet) yay! The smaller one has been chewed on and is destined to be a tiny bush if it survives at all. The third one nearer the house is growing and looking OK so far.

Well today I moved the plant that was nearest the house. I transplanted it next to the big one (see pic) on top of the chewed up plant. I moved it because it was on a line-of-sight to the "public". I figured that planting next to a raspberry plant would hide it but NOOO - I pretty much killed the raspberry plant and that left the weed out in the open so it had to be moved to comply with regulations for outdoor growing.

2020.9.jpg

Both plants are doing well outside. Both are getting lots of H2O, and nutes as well as bat guano (we have bats that leave us a small pile every night). I'm seeing pistils and not balls - looking like a girl to me 2020.11.jpg

Also attached is a pic of the adjacent hops plants - we have buds

2020.10.jpg

The plant is still looking good! It is now 6 feet tall. Probably about 30 days from initial stickiness and the emergence of blooms. Looking forward to those blooms turning into big nugs and a huge cola on top :yummy: .

I've been feeding for vegetative growth and come Sept. I'll switch to flowering feeding

Back
Top Bottom